Episode 42 "Hurt" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Stardust262, Aug 23, 2012.

1. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Also, the blatant "Yo Megs Imma blow your stockpile" and pressing the button to fire missiles, which Miko intently watched.

2. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

The idea of a character being in a coma, or from what Ratchet described horribly crippled after "recovering" leaves a lot of room for interesting developments (as morbid as that sounds). I honestly think this is the better option than killing him off. Bulkhead's persona is built around being big and tough, everyone around him expects that as well. It will be interesting to see how that is dealt with when he invariably can barely stand under his own power.

3. Charade

Charade Well-Known Member

The Animated Decepticons hardly ever showed up, especially in the early seasons, to prevent villain decay. This is why they were able to remain difficult to take down up right until the finale. It would not have been feasible for them to show up every episode early on—Starscream alone would have decimated the bots in just a few episodes. They simply would not have enough time to develop their skills and teamwork to defeat him. This cautious approach is also what brought us the ridiculous human villains (e.g., Angry Archer, Professor Princess etc.) to fill in the episodes where the Decepticons were absent. In Prime, the Bots and Cons interact in almost every episode, so there has to be a balance of power. I think the Prime writers are handling this well—limiting the villain decay while bringing us near-constant Bot vs. Con action.

We all know one of Miko's most-despised character traits is her hard headed nature and her failure to learn from her multiple near-death experiences and putting others in danger. Do you really think it'd be in character for her to sit back and observe Arcee's struggles with revenge and take lessons from them? I am pretty sure if she ever did this everyone would be cursing the Prime writers for OOC Miko. She needs to grow a brain (please!), but it must be done in a believable manner that is consistent with her character.

4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    This episode made me sad, but confused.

5. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I'll say it was a really good episode.

The fact that Bulkhead may never be able to be fully functional again just left me in shock (may have shed a tear or two, but I don't remember). I'm glad he'll live and recover, but the consequences have been very high for him. Miko seems to have got some character development there.

Still, it has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

At least Hardshell got what he deserved, even though he was around for only two episodes.

Megatron's reaction? Brilliantly priceless! XD Now you know better than not to underestimate the humans.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well sucks that Hardshell is dead. I would have loved more David Kaye but hopefully he'll still voice some characters or he voices Shockwave.

The one mind thing explains a lot. Not bad writers....not bad.

Got to say the episode wasn't that bad as I thought it would be. It was great, the best part is Miko isn't going to be the same plucky girl she once was. Bulkhead isn't going to be functional in the same way again. I can't wait to see how they conclude this.

Knockout vs Insecticons. :lol  He misses Breakdown (but not because he actually liked him but for how useful he is, it makes more sense he's a vain narcissist.

Wheeljack was great, and now I thinking i'm warming up to James Horan's portrayal.

7. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    *claps hands*

UltraAlanMagnus will be pleased as well

8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    One thing I didn't like was Ratchet saying Bulkhead may never be fully functional again. After the things the writers have done in the past, that leads me to believe he'll be back to normal by the end of the season with no adverse effects, like Bumblebee's T-Cog incident they thought would affect him forever.

9. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    This episode was probably the most emotional one I've ever watched.

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Well, I haven't read up on my plot elements for a while, but I think that fits the definition of "character development."

11. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Good point. But I've learned not to get my hopes up about this show. If they go somewhere interesting with this, great but if they don't, not expecting them to will help me enjoy what they do do.

12. Charade

Sorry, that was poorly worded. I meant that, considering her character traits, she will likely need to learn these lessons for herself the "hard way." She isn't one to learn through observation—whether it be of Arcee, or anyone else. Today's episode was a great step in that direction and Hardshell's death was necessary to bring it about.

13. badbotsarehot

badbotsarehot Aerialbot/Seeker

Huge sigh of relief! It's nice to finally be watching some new TFP!! :D  and some sighs of relief for no Autobot deaths ... I was afraid Wheeljack might actually lose the fight (and did NOT expect Hardshell to die!) ... then I though for sure when Miko and Wheeljack arrived back at base that the Autobots were doing the whole "awkward silence, how do we tell her Bulkhead has died?" thing. Obviously not!

As someone pointed out, Bulkhead will never be the same and probably not Miko either, so it will be interesting to see where they go with this. Although she's one of my least favourite characters, I like what they did with her in this episode. She had her usual "get right in the middle of the action" Miko moments, and then the whole "then why don't I feel any different, revenge did nothing for me" scene. I feel either she'll be quiet for a few episodes, or completely opposite and just go ape-shit crazy wreckless and 'vent her anger' by getting into trouble with Wheeljack all the time. (I'm betting on the former.)

That part was almost... scary? Like Megatron looked moreso "what the fuuuuuck," but yeah now I feel like Miko has a target on her back. I sure as hell wouldn't want TFP Megatron coming after me! And then yeah Silas/MECH's ability to track down people ... pretty sure Miko is an avid Facebooker ... uh ooohhhhs

Maybe my mother is right to be paranoid about Facebook and internet security ... :sly: 

Edit: almost forgot to mention... DAT PROMO FOR NEXT WEEK!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    SHOCKWAVE, YUSSSSSSS
    :drool: 

14. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2.5/5. Finally done with this series.

15. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    She didn't observe. She physically executed her rival for revenge and explicitly noted that it didn't make her feel any different. That's learning if I ever saw it.

16. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Damn, that was worth the wait. Some nice character development on Miko's part, Bulkhead being injured (I wanted him to die, but this is better, I will admit. We have a chance of him and Breakdown's rivalry being explained now. Also: CORTICAL PSYCHIC PATCH. I'm tellin' you guys, somebody's gonna go in his head.) and Knockout action.

17. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was a great episode, I love Megatron's reaction and Wheeljack getting beat near death was scary.

18. Charade

Right. I am saying that this is exactly how she needed to learn her lesson—by killing Hardshell and experiencing a hollow victory.

She would—hypothetically—not learn anything by passively observing Arcee's struggles with Airachnid. She is not the cerebral, reflective type. She is not going to sit around and say "Arcee's need for revenge has gotten her nowhere and has only caused her further suffering... I should take note and apply these lessons to my own life." She needed to experience the futility of revenge herself.

My post that you originally commented on was noting that Hardshell's death was necessary because Miko needed to experience (i.e. carry out) revenge. I never said that her character was not developed in this episode—quite the opposite actually. This was how it needed to be done.

19. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    THIS

20. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:

Oh, holy shit. I didn't think that was what you were saying at all! Yeah, I totally agree. Brb rereading your original post