Episode 34 Nemesis Prime Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Oberoniss, Apr 7, 2012.

1. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

New world order vs newest world order. Isn't that what Silas claimed from the very beginning? Since episode nine he was open about MECH's intent to be on top of the arms race, and to be the highest power. His choice to attack military personnel was probably just the beginning of live-fire tests and scare tactics. Attacking Fowler would also send a direct message of their intent. Maybe they thought they had their game-ender in successfully duplicating Cybertronian tech. It's possible they jumped the gun this time, but MECH has shown themselves to be forward thinking and to take their lumps for the sake of rebounding and advancing their tech further each time.

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I haven’t read through all 75+ pages yet (tomorrow’s project :lol  ), but I have the sneaking suspicion that a vast majority of the thread has degraded into an argument pertaining to a.) Nemesis Prime and Bayformers Optimus both being psychotic killers, b.) TFP sucking balls because Nemesis Prime didn’t survive the episode, c.) how boring Optimus is. Or any combination of those three. ;) 

I hope I’m wrong.

1.) More Fowler! AWWWW YEAAAA
    2.) Oh, that was Duel-tastic! Man, I’ve got to get around to actually watching that entire movie...
    3.) Fowler’s music almost sounded like a tweaked version of “The Touch”.
    4.) :lol  at the Autobots watching the RC race. Nice little calm character moment.
    5.) While Bulkhead catching Fowler was awesome, it sort of reminds me of why physics sort of has to be thrown out the window at these points. That probably would’ve killed Fowler. Same reason as to why Optimus didn’t try to ‘stop’ that burning/crashing helicopter in Transformers. Stopping the careening-out-of-control vehicle is almost as dangerous as letting them crash. The force of stopping them alone would probably give severe injuries, if they weren’t already dead.
    6.) :lol  at the tension built up for Optimus’ arrival.
    7.) Oh gosh, this is gonna’ get :bay 
    8.) Very Qatar-esque.
    9.) Epic transformation.
    10.) And that ‘looking-down-the-barrel’-shot. Just so awesome.
    11.) Major Iron Giant vibes as Nemesis slowly walks through the smoke whilst shooting.
    12.) ”Sir, any parallax or latency issues?” I found that chuckle-worthy, seeing as how Clancy Brown voiced Parallax in Green Lantern
    13.) Welp, now we know how a fight between Bayformers Optimus and Bumblebee would turn out. :lol 
    14.) Optimus Prime vs. Optimus Prime! OH YEAH!
    15.) Fowler, taking names.
    16.) Man, so many chills when Optimus got stabbed.
    17.) Yes! Yes! Fowler fight scene! My pants, oh. Where did my pants go?
    18.) Silas? Silas can’t be dead!
    19.) Oh gosh! Oh gosh! Silas is gonna’ be a robot! :D 

Overall, so awesome. Sad to see Nemesis Prime probably won't be coming back. But hey, Silas' mind in a robot body is better, in my opinion.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Seems kind of, I dunno, unworthy. MECH might have been arseholes but that at least seemed pragmatic. For Silas and Co. to start donning the top hats, twirly moustaches and dirigibles seems kind lame.

4. Sildae

Sildae New Member

I wonder if the title didn't necessarily refer to the MECH built 'bot, but instead more to the rise of a Nemesis Prime (the combination of human and machine), as shown with Silas and Breakdown.*

Considering the themes of the show, it would make sense: the Iron Giant concept, development of a team between child(ren) and good robot(s), the forging of a Prime, etc., pitted against a nemesis that is an 'evil' melding of the two.

As for the episode itself, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Humorous moments, lovely surprise ending.

5. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

So, Si-kill?

6. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As of this episode, Ratchet is the only bot who hasn't directly been targeted by MECH. (I believe they were following Bulkhead at the beginning of Operation Breakdown)

I know I know, give it time. :D 

jD001

7. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

Well my good sir... They probably are due to the fact that Jennifer Hale has been announced to play a part.

8. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Who is Jennifer Hale and where did you get that from? If it's Wikipedia/IMDB, disregard it.

9. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

...okay good point I disregard it. I forget that Wikipedia and IMBD are veryyyyy unreliable at times.

Jennifer Hale is one of the most well know voice actresses in video games, TV series, etc. Think her as the female version of Nolan North.

Her most widely known role is Female Commander Shepard in the Mass Effect series.

Forgive me, I don't mean to get anyone's hopes up for nothing.... ^^;

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    She could make a good Elita-1,Chromia,or Sliptream in Prime.

11. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

I thought the same exact thing. Though I doubt it being Chromia. but Slipstream or Elita-1 would be a definite.

12. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Maybe she could be a good Override?

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Sorry. :lol  The pervert in me read this.

14. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

Pffffffffffffft xD. Classic

15. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Stingy? i mean... do you know how much each episode costs? More than probably any five of us make in a year. and that's lowballing it.

i love how we sit here and talk about the behind the scenes stuff like we know AT ALL how that shit works.. and you know 95% of us don't.

[​IMG]

16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Don't drop a name like Jennifer Hale and then say nothing: give us something quantifiable or so help me Garrus will finish those calibrations........

17. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Well, we aren't exactly short one. In fact, the question now becomes, what will happen to the Nemesis Prime parts? Will the government try and recreate it, maybe take the T-Cog for themselves?

One thing I still don't quite get is exactly why Nemesis Prime was so damn powerful; enough to tool Bulkhead and 'Bee with minimal effort. I mean, Prime is supposed to be about the equal of Megatron, and Megatron is supposed to be terrifying, yet MECH's first success is as powerful as Optimus?

And I doubt just having the mass and scanning an appropriate alt-mode would do the trick.

The skill I can understand. Silas is supposed to be good, but it's the raw might of NP that makes me a bit confused.

- Coeloptera

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I see her online listings say Transformers:p rime (role) TBA - perhaps she's mentioned more on facebook or Twitter or in some interview - or just to someone she knows who repeated it.

Or perhaps they pre-announce cast for TV shows whole seasons ? (no idea?)

Maybe she's voicing Solus Prime ?

------

Oh and I'm glad the kids still have some cars left after Ratchet fried them in his evil experiments.

19. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    the kurgan as megatron nope now in a live action i can see it

20. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dunno if anyone answered this already for you, but Megatron said it TO Dreadwing, so he probably heard it from him. After Breakdown's death, whenit finally cuts back to the Nemesis, Megatron is flipping his shit and stomps over to Dreadwing

'It is very clear as to why his signal disappeared, but that doesn't explain why you couldn't recover his remains!!!'

Something along those lines, and then Airachnid signaled them and the trashtalking ensued