Episode 25 - One Shall Rise Part 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    blown away. only way to describe it

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Prime is still Mouth height to Megs

3. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I stated previously, it's bigger than a mountain. And its looking down from above! :D 

4. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    I've got to hand it to Unicron, he seemed extremely eloquent when talking with the autobots. I guess talking with beings he cannot control with force brings out the intelligent, manipulative mastermind in him.

5. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I KNOW RIGHT! I literally was like "Oh shit! The Key to Vect....oh... the space bridge" Pssshhhh. It should have had a bee-yotch key chain dangling from the bottom of it!

Buzz Kill. Unless Prime was lying, and it IS the key to Vector Sigma.

6. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    Yeah, he really trusted Jack a lot to give him the key to ground bridge powe source. :D 

And it was a cool shifting key as well. It folded itself up nicely to fit in Jack's hand.

7. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm betting it is. Prime was a bit hesitant in telling Jack what it was, and the kids already know how the energon lines work from when they had to repair it in episode 7.
    plus i read that's what it was in the signapore spoiler thread :eek: 

8. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

And yet he can still kick his ass! :D 

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the Matrix of Leadership is in the show, huh?

And I love how they made Megatron walking into the base so epic-like. And I thought it was going to be the key to vector-sigma too, up until he said "ground bridge."

10. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    For those who don't mind spoilers:

It is the key to Vector Sigma.

Now remember to keep it a secret.

11. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I managed to see this episode (and the next, but that's not as immediately relevant) before it was pulled from Youtube, and I'm glad to be able to see it in higher quality. Loved hearing Unicrons "spark-beat" at the end when everyone is inside him.

12. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The inside of the planet looked a HELL of alot like something out of Metroid Prime.

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Megs taking on the Unicron "distractions/clones" was amazing and it still amazes me when you think of the strength of that Con. Wow. Also, it brought home to me more than any other episode of any series with Megs strength, which seems to know no bounds--especially with a little DE infusion, why he could NEVER receive the Maxtrix and become a Prime. That's just too much power for any one Con...especially Megatron. The decisions of the past were the only ones that could promise any sort of "balance" in power.

I believe that if you pay close attention to Optimus as he discussed the "key" with Jack, it was one of those times that he "lied" to protect Jack from really knowing how important this request will become. Jack asked Optimus what would happen when he uses the Matrix, so I know Optimus forsees a scenario where he must rely on Jack to protect the key and keep it safe until Optimus returns.......Prime's words....he 'knows' what's to come.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  14. OutlawReese

OutlawReese Sarcastic Jedi

More emotion bleeding through that mask of leadership, Prime. Don't you dare stop.

Every single voice actor impressed me with their performance in this episode. Optimus talking to Jack as a responsible young man instead of a child, and don't get me started on his facial expressions this episode either. Welker continues to wow me with how genuinely menacing Megatron can truly be. Ratchet, Jeffery Combs, I fucking loved you as the Question on Justice League Unlimited, and if I could I would bare you children. But as it stands, I can only fangirl over you some more, sorry for settlin'.:bowdown: 

The Animation was excellent this episode as well. The fluidity of movement is getting better from the hop-running that was prevalent in the first episodes. And facial expressions, while they can get out of hand (I'm looking at you Arcee and Airachnid), the subtle emotions that played upon Optimus' face this episode gave me more hope that he won't be the stone-faced leader for very much longer.

Miko, it was cute, but I was cringing the whole time she was yelling at Megatron. Jack and Raf employed more class, but this IS Miko we are talking about.

I already watched it twice, I think I'll go for a third.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That was a good ep. There were some silly parts that bugged me, like the overacting of Miko, but overall solid. One thing that did let me down was Megatron entering Autobot base. I was expecting something cool and chilling, with heavy atmosphere and a really serious feel, but no, it was more or less the same level of drama, same music, and Megs' corny one-liner really ruined it. Was was a thousand tiems cooler than I expected was the eye at the end. In fact the entire ending was chilling. I expected a sort of metaphysical representation eye, not his actual friggin' eye! Crazy. And the lack of music and the slow heartbeat was just soooo great. I also liked Optimus a bit more in this. He's still not quite emoting to the levels I would expect and prefer, especially in the voice, but he's moved past paper bag territory at last.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron PUNCHED a giant's head off.

He needs to do that more in shows.

17. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somebody needs to sync that scene up with some "FALCON PUUUNCH" audio NAO.

18. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Incredible episode.
    Though the one thing that bugged me was Unicron's awesomely creepy eye since I thought Prime and the other were supposed to be inside Unicron, not on his face. Unless Unicron is able to look inside himself( which is again awesomely creepy).

Still, can't wait for Part 3.

19. OutlawReese

OutlawReese Sarcastic Jedi

I think it's safe to say they where in fact in Unicron. And that Unicron can both metaphorically and literally look inside himself, which as you pointed out is creepy to the max. God, that eye made me think of an aggressive Mechanical Sauron, with rotating and zoom function, all the while intoning "I SEE YOU FLESHLING"

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just finished watching it. I haven't read through this thread so I'm certain I'm touching upon some thoughts already explored.

- First off, the CGI work is just friggen amazing in this series and particularly this episode. Wow.

- Seriously, when did Megatron become so much taller/bigger than Optimus? Did I not notice that the entire season?

- Okay, I'm not upset, mad, or annoyed, but god damn it this is a little G1 esque, eh? Matrix of Leadership? Destroy Unicron? Familiar? Like I said though I'm not mad because I can assume the ending, but this is not the grand, grand finale. There's going to more seasons and stories to come (probably more of Unicron after Prime grills his ass) and I have a feeling this will be a lot better than G1 season 3. I could still be thrown for a loop though.

- Nice acting Miko! You yell at Megatron!

- I'm glad to see Jack was given some responsibility towards the end there. I'm looking forward to his story arc.

- Yo, we need more Decepticons other than Megs and Unicron. Where art though, Starscream?

- Final thought: the Matrix better be more G1 looking than misshapen movieverse pointy thing. Personal preference.