Episode 23 - Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Knightwave, Aug 14, 2011.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

But adding a tone of seriousness shows there´s actual consequences to the actions.

2. lordjimmybob

lordjimmybob Well-Known Member

Yes, your right. But you need the right amount. Do you really expect a childrens show to be Saving Private Ryan? Compared to earlier Transformers series this one is more serious.

3. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I read this:

Intended to respond with this:

Thank you for saving me the trouble, LJB.

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Once again..from 10 things you should know....

Things Will Get Dark – But Not Too Dark
    The Transformers Prime miniseries not only included Cliffjumper's death, but an entire army of zombie Transformers. When it came to the content on the show, Orci said, "You want to push it a little but you still want it to be that the whole family can watch it and everybody can dig it. I think the movies are maybe one step further than we'd like to go on the show. "

Noted Kline, "In general, what we've found over the years is you don't have to write down to any particular audience. As long as there is a pretty clear emotional through-line to the story, any age is going to grab onto it. They may not get all the references that you throw in there, but they're going go follow along with the story, because they get invested in it. We didn't want to make a show that would frighten kids. We didn't want to make a show that parents wouldn't let their kids see, because that's useless. We could have done a much more realistic, violent show, but that defeats the purpose of trying to bring a whole new generation in to these franchises. So we're constantly sort of walking a line and kind of throwing it around and going, 'Is that too much?' And quite honestly, we're not sure what he answer is until we get the feedback from the people who watch it."

Now, we just have to see what they do with all this "feedback" :popcorn 

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  5. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I think that the tone should be at the level of star trek; people die and their is a mature story to tell but there is no need for anything beyond that. the tone they are using in prime is perfect; having the ability to tell stories like sick mind, predatory, operation breakdown, with the same intensity, would not be possible in any other universe but the g1 comics and the live action movie universe.

6. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

I dunno.
    Despite TFAnimated's over cartoon look. I found it connected with more grown up plots well. Like Blur's (apparent) death, Shockwave the spy, Arcee's open processor sugery and Rodimus' seeming demise in the on screen saga. Not all the autobots were saints like Sentine,l and that sleaze bot who Ratchet and Fanzone interrogated.

7. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

True on all counts. Especially the part about comparing to a real war - which it isn't.

8. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

9. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Startrek(DS9,Next Generation, Voyager) and Animated level of seriousness would be okay, imo. Maybe they can even approach anime level darkness such as Gundam or Full Metal Alchemist.

10. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah it just needs to be dark and serious enough that the whole family can enjoy as Transformers is no longer a brand just for kids anymore, thanks to the live action movie's exposure it can now claim to have a much broader audience. The trick now is appealing to said audience, which seems to be Prime's goal.

11. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Can someone send me the link for the 24th episode please and thank you. :) 

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish there was an episode 24 to link to.

13. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    I am sick and tierd of this waiting game! I mean I've had it up to here with my pachence (I'm to tiered to correct my spelling). >=[ Also, I want to know if Prime lives or not.

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Part 1 - /watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Part 2 - /watch?v=k_U6mWu1XQA

Here's to Hasbro or whatever not taking these down before people get to watch. Enjoy. :) 

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw that coming 100 miles away.

16. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Where is that at?

17. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see this episode. The last one was amazing!!!! Hopefully, this one continues its momentum really well

18. ken8kuhletz08

ken8kuhletz08 JKC

News Credits:
    Oh scrap, not again! I've been falling in the same joke at least 10x now, LOL! :lol 

19. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Maybe I missed it but how exactly did Raf get infected when Bumblebee was not? So Meg's shot through bumblebee and just into Raf? Does not compute.

20. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Raf got hit with the Dark Energon because he was riding inside Bumblebee. Though it doesn't seem like it, 'Bee is also affected to a lesser degree. He is presumably just "putting on a brave face" for Rafs sake, as Optimus tells Arcee to look after Raf and Bumblebee when sending them back to base. Plus, a point brought up in some discussions on the final episode, 'Bee directly handled a shard of Dark Energon when he was being possessed by Megatron in Out of his Head. It would be fair to assume that this allowed him to develop a minor immunity to its effects.