Episode 23 is titled....

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by spiritprime, Aug 27, 2011.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I'll link the 10 things you need to know about TFP, they said it would be dark, but kids are more sophisticated and can handle a character dying these days.

10 Things You Should Know About Transformers Prime - TV Preview at IGN

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't think a 6 yro could though. That's what I mean when I say "young children", I'm talking about the preschoolers.

3. moreprimeland

News Credits:

Tell that to my 6 yro nephew, who's a Transformer geek and loves TFPrime!! It didn't keep him up nights when Cliffy was killed...he knows it's a war and bots die.

4. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think that's kind of an exception to the rule though. I'm pretty sure my parents wouldn't have let me watch a show like Prime when I was a kid, unless they watched it with me.

5. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    That's why the HUB said today's kids are more sophisticated than..say 10 yrs ago, certainly 20 yrs ago. They are exposed to death and dying everyday in some way, whether it's on the news, in their fave cartoon or their pet goldfish dies. Give kids more credit to understand what's on the tube.

6. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I give kids credit, it's the parents I don't really give credit to. The parents are the ones that are overprotective and don't really get that their kids are smarter then they think. Note, that my comment about parents doesn't apply to all parents, because their are parents out there that don't take their kids for granted.

7. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    The HUB is all about wanting Parents and Children watching their programs together, whether they do or not, is their choice. Not going to debate parents & child rearing techniques.

Besides, this is way off topic of the thread. It's about Episode 23 finally having a title: One Shall Fall!!

8. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh yeah, we're way off topic.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Really? The late into fucking September? I'll loose interest in a month! You had me, Prime. I was getting involved, I was caring.

But My Little Pony will be like, two episodes into season two before Prime ends its first season. The breaks are going to be the death of this show. I hope they get their shit together for season two...

10. moreprimeland

News Credits:

Dran0n????

Have you been watching the uploads from our Canadian members?? The eps that air starting Sept 10th are the ones that we've been downloading for the past 3 weeks..
    TMI, Stronger Faster, & One shall Fall are the 3 eps that Toon in Canada has aired but the HUB will air them starting Sept. 10th.

I don't see the big deal...???????? They've taken breaks before and will do so again.

11. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

:thumb 

12. swarlock

Exactly.Keep in mind though when G1 first debut the writers nor the fans couldn't know how big it would get.

And as much as I would like to convince myself to like all the incarnations that have been out since then. I don't always follow a show based on the mentality that following the crowd like sheep or lemmings is a good thing to do.

13. swarlock

A very sensible answer. Sometimes this show like a lot of others are taken too seriously. I don't want to forget that it's only fiction.

14. swarlock

At the end of it. It's still a Toy line for Kids as well. It'll alkways be likwe that no matter what medium it's in.

15. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Multi-quote, muthaf*cka, do you speak it?!

16. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Say quote again, I dare ya I double-dare ya, say QUOTE. ONE. MORE. TIME.

17. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

Children are the target audience. The difference between today and the 80's is significant. We live in a more darker, brutal world than some of us did growing up. And you can see a piece of that reflected in all forms of entertainment now, not just cartoons. In my OP, Prime is not appropriate for kids, but in today's world most think it is acceptable. G1 was an innnocent cartoon. Like most from that era. They were fueled by greed, but at least the immorality did not bleed into the actual cartoon.

18. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After finally watching this episode, I'm starting to think Transformers Prime is gonna be the darkest series we get. I'm lovin' every second of it!!!

19. Raiju

Raiju Oh, thank heaven for 7-11! Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Great episode! Optimus better be ready for the hot nuts because Megs sure is! XD

20. Laughing Man

Laughing Man Not crossing the streams.

News Credits:
    I gotta admit, I haven't really gotten into TF Prime either. I tried. I stuck with it for the first 8 or 9 eps and I have the rest dvr-ed.

It feels a little like season 1 of BW to me. Both in setup, tone and graphics. It just feels like we've been here before. I know Beast Machines wasn't the most loved series, but at least in turned the formula around. The bad guys had won and the Maximals were leading a rebellion. They weren't evenly matched against the Predacons but rather, outnumbered.

Like, season 1 of BW, the show makes me feel claustrophobic. One thing I always liked about G1 was they did a good job hiding the fact there were only a handful of bots doing anything. Sure, each story may have only featured 4 or 5 main characters, you still saw the others standing in the background or just 'around'. Now, I know how the animation business works - especially 3D. Having 50 robots running around with their own animations and voices get expensive. But as I said, it seemed that G1 hid that fact better.

But, season 1 of BW was my least favorite so I'm hoping Prime improves as well.

Also, it feels that Optimus has been reduced to one liners. It just seems he shows up to deliver dramatic phrases. Bumblebee also really gets on my nerves. I can get past the no talking thing, but that horrible noise they chose to go with is very irritating. And, yes, the humans are irritating, but lets face it haven't the humans always been irritating?

But believe me, I'm thrilled Prime is doing well. I would much rather have a show succeed even though I'm not crazy about it if keeps Transformers in the public eye and gets new fans. And, I love the character designs. I think they're a great blend between bayformers and non-bayformers.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011