Episode 23 is titled....

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by spiritprime, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Lay off, Karhukjnsi. He's entitled to that view, I don't agree with it either but he's not obliged to give an explanation if he does not want to.

Sorry, my mistake. That's my background showing, TV here rarely referred to seasons when I was growing up, it was all about series. Still hear it on TV a bit, season finales are sometimes referred to as "last in the current series".

My brain's simply not fully wired up to differentiate the two since local TV networks used to use the two interchangeably.

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    This one should've been named 'One shall rise' and the next 'One shall fall'.

3. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Why "rise?" It would make more sense to use "One Shall Stand," seeing as "One Shall Fall" is part of that exchange.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why? We don't know what's going to happen in the next show at all. In the episode entitled One Shall Fall, it appeared that one of the two would fall. What if in the next episode, something different happened?

5. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Please enlighten me, why didn't you like Beast Wars and Animated? Is it because both shows were better written then G1 and made it look like crap?

I'm 16 and I was introduced to the franchise through the movies. I watched G1, thought it was ok. I then watched Beast Wars and Beast Machines, BW was fantastic and BM was meh. I the watched TFA, which is my second favourite Transformers show behind BW. I've been watching Prime for the last six months and it's a really great show.

I've also read some of the Marvel US and Marvel UK G1 comics, which are way better then the cartoon by the way. Not to mention the IDW stuff which is pretty damn good.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Interesting that they would name this episode "One shall fall" and as we know it's a "to be continued" ep, then what happened to "One shall stand?"

Of course, I'm hoping that Optimus is the one left standing!! :thumb 

7. lordjimmybob

lordjimmybob Well-Known Member

Did you not read Sol Fury's post? He's allowed to like G1 more than the shows you like and vice versa. Calling G1 crap is provoking him, not starting a conversation. Everyone just calm down.

8. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I am so worried because of that. Sure, people would prefer to watch the new episodes in HD, but let's be serious. How many people in the US who watched the new episodes on YouTube will watch it again as a new episode on The Hub? I know it's been said ratings haven't really been effected by these breaks, but the fact that people have already watched the episodes, and we are still currently in our longest break yet, I feel slightly worried. Nothing against Canada, but I hope for season 2 it starts airing on their own channel first again.

9. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hey, I'm calm. And it's fine if he likes G1 more then BW and Animated, it's just I'd like to know why. I personally hate it when people say they hate something and then they don't give reasons why. It comes off as "Hey, you people like these shows, so I'm going to say I hate them so I can be cool" or something like that. Also, I didn't say G1 was crap. I was mearly pointing out that imo it is not as good as BW and TFA. G1 was good for it's time, but it's hasn't aged well.

10. lordjimmybob

lordjimmybob Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I mistook it for hostility. water under the bridge.

11. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No problem. It happens.:thumb 

12. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

Quote taken from here: 10 Myths About Television That Fans and Viewers Believe

Feels good, man. :thumbs2: 

13. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    I think that will change as more homes have DVR's..the advertisers are already whining about the number of shows recorded and they know we blaze thru the ads. Also, the DVR and cable co. have a record of everything you've recorded, even if you delete it later.

14. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

Its ok, bro. I will answer his question.

I'm sure the writing is ok, because most , if not all, of the Transformers series are great in that aspect. I personally do not like the CGI look of the series. It is also very "dark" oriented, for example, the manner of Cliffjumper dying. Now, I know the 85 movie was brutal too, but it was an exception for its time.

The G1 series, like all 80's cartoons, are great to me because they do not cross the line to make them too real. I like the G1 series because it is a cartoon. And does not try to be anything more than that.

15. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was more or less asking why you don't like Beast Wars and Animated, but it doesn't matter really.

Anyways, with regards to Prime being dark or whatever, the show is marketed to teenagers and adults; people who expect a level of maturity from their cartoons. With G1, it was campy and treated it's audience like children. Which was fine, because it's primary audience was children and it was the trend at the time to make a cartoon to market a toyline, and to put action ahead of story so they didn't confuse their audience. Which for the time was ok, but now cartoons have matured and G1 and the rest of the toy cartoons of the 80's, don't hold up anymore.

Also with Prime, it started out dark and doesn't treat it as a gimmick. G1 did the whole killing off most of the season 1 and 2 cast in the movie as a gimmick; they did it so they could appear "edgy" and "cool" in a Disney domminated decade. It caused the movie to flop and G1 had a cloud over it's head for the rest of it's run; G1 was pretty much racing towards it's cancellation. I'm not saying G1 randomly going dark in the movie was the reason it flopped, I'm saying it had a hand in it.

As for G1 not trying to be anything more then a cartoon, that's why it's so dated today. If G1 had taken a more mature approach to storytelling like BW and Batman: TAS and many other shows did in the 90's, maybe it wouldn't be as dated as it is today.

Anyways, I have no problem with you liking G1 and not liking Prime, because that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

16. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, please. Adults are not the target audience. The show may have a ton of referrences for older fans, but that's where it stops. It's a kids show.

17. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Then who is? Becaues it certainly isn't marketed to young children. Not to mention adults are enjoying it as well.

18. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    When the show was first being discussed the HUB was looking for 6(8)-12 yro as their target audience. Think that's in one of their news releases.

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is marketed towards children. Hasbro continues to remind fans of old that they cannot afford to make things exclusively for them, but the larger market, children. That said, this toy line gets lots of love from fans who are in the development of the show/toys etc.

I see no reason why they can't please both markets, which is what I think they're doing, in one go. Goofy elements of the show aren't there for the enjoyment of adults—I thought all the grownups here hated Miko:/

20. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well, that obviously changed when they killed Cliffjumper in the first episode. After that I think their aiming for a 10 and up age range.

When I say "young children", I'm talking about 6-8 yro. It's obviously not aiming for them because parents wouldn't want their kids watching a show that murders a character onscreen. It's also not as stupid as G1 was, which did go for that age range. I see Prime as a show that goes for preteens and young adults, but can also be enjoyed by adults.