Episode 20 - Partners - Discussion is GO!

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Starscream262

Starscream262 Active Member

Really enjoyed it. I have to say that Starscream is going to be an interesting Rogue. I honestly hope he gets Skywarp and Thundercracker to join him in his "Third Option" route.

And I kinda think Arcee is an irrational idiot tbh. Her words were right at the end, she cost the bots the war potentially due to her actions. Thats not to say Screamer is trustworthy, but they could have certainly gotten a lot more out of him then that.

I think that Scream is going to have to eventually confront Megatron. He has to face his fears. Win or lose.

2. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Yeah, but if Prime allowed Arcee to go after Airachnid alone, then getting revenge for Tailgate will be the only thing she thinks about.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    The same reason he reprimanded Bulk for taking on Breakdown alone...it isn't wise and he's trying to remind them to follow the Autobot and/or Prime's rules for engaging the enemy. Autobots work as a team.

4. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First two times she faced Airachnid she was on her own by nature of the situation. Arcee was cut off from calling for backup in both previous encounters. Here she has plenty of assistance, yet runs off on her own to enact revenge.

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Agreed on both accounts.

I found it a bit jerky and "off". The facial animation was fantastic, but a lot of the wide-shots seemed sub-par compared to previous episodes.

May the memory of Larry live on through Peter's portrayal of Optimus. :)  The dedication was a very nice touch.

1.) I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this Starscream is 100 times more awesome than any other incarnation!
    2.) I love how he’s rehearsing in Soundwave’s visor’s reflection. :lol 
    3.) I really like the interactions between Starscream and Airachnid.
    4.) YAY for Optimus’ return! :D 
    5.) Ooh, Optimus’ face actually showed a lot of emotion and concern when Starscream asked to be on their side.
    6.) is it just me, or did Bumblebee’s abs change? They look different. Or maybe I just haven’t been paying close enough attention.
    7.) The trailer. Sweet.
    8.) :lol  Bulkhead manhandles Starscream out of that trailer.
    9.) And wing-cuffs?
    10.) And Arcee now has teeth.
    11.) :lol  “No one. Who are YOU talking about?”
    12.) Oh, Starscream, you sly dog, you. That was sweet. Just shows the complexity of his character.
    13.) And we actually get to see Starscream fight! :D  And laughing evilly whilst doing it too. And mocking her.
    14.) Wait to go, Starscream. Way to go.
    15.) Megatron actually seemed concerned about Starscream’s capture. Sort of.
    16.) Ooh, quite the ending. I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out.

Keep 'em coming! Only 6(?) more episodes in this season! I can't wait.

6. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

The fight between Arcee and Starscream was done extremely well, and Starscream's monologue at the end that tied into the start of the episode really made this one my favorite so far.

Part of me wishes they would've gone through with SS joining the Autobots, but that just wouldn't be right. This looks like an interesting turn of events.

"Thanks for listening, Soundwave..."

7. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    LOL, Starscream should've kept his big yap shut about killing Cliffjumper...it seemed like Arcee and him were beginning to get along.

What I don't understand is...why didn't Bee restrain Starscream first, then go to help Arcee?

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Because helping Arcee is more important than securing a prisoner.

9. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like Optimus Prime's statement that 'Wisdom is not granted, it must be earned. And sometimes at a cost'.

It looks like it applies to Starscream just as much, or even more. I hope it develops his character into someone other than a punching bag. And to help stop his constant gloating that keeps him distracted from actually winning a fight.

10. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

That was the one thing in this episode that bothered me. Bumblebee was obviously worried about Arcee, but it still would have made more sense for him to subdue Starscream first. I doubt Starscream would have been able to put up much of a fight after Arcee's attack, so Bumblebee probably could have taken him down with relatively little effort.

11. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

Shock?

12. Skywarp2413

Skywarp2413 Well-Known Member

Guh, more predictableness (is that a word?) from Arcee. I am really beginning to detest her character because of just how no progress to her grudges are made. As she said herself, she cost the Autobots a valuable allegiance with a member of the other side.

I, for one, honestly believed Starscream was sincere in his desire to join the 'Bots. (His insignia is already red, ain't it? lol) He really had nowhere else to turn, so it was a logical choice. He could have at least gotten 2 or 3 episodes out of it if Prime had put someone else in charge of watching Screamer.

*sigh* the incompetence of Arcee knows no bounds....

What I'm picking up on is that 'Bee isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed... if you catch my drift :) 

13. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I like to think the whole time Screamer was babbling on, Soundwave was actually in some kind of sleep mode. And only just came back online when Starscream thanked him for listening...Leaving him a tad confused as to what just happened.

What bugged me more is why didn't Arcee kill Starscream just because Bee was watching? Remember, Bee is the bot that killed Skyquake by ripping out his parts while in alt-mode, causing him to fall to his death.

I wonder what that says about Airachnid? Since she's the one who got outsmarted by Bee.

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Um, Arcee didn't kill him because R2-Bee2 just caught her about to kill someone who had surrendered to them and requested to join their cause. Bee looked upon the scene with shock and horror. That cause Arcee to realize what she was doing was wrong, even if Starscream deserved it.

And he went to her over subduing Starscream because it's the thing Optimus has been drilling into them. They are a family and they stick together. Helping your family is more important than stopping your enemy.

15. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    This. I don't even know why that's a question guys..

16. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

I'll go into my thoughts on the episode later, but did anyone else catch the huge animation error near the end where the black of Starscream's eyes became red?

Here, I'll post a picture of it:

[​IMG]

I can deal with the "derpy eyes" that would show up on Megatron and Starscream every once in a while, but this just had me laughing too much to take the scene seriously.

17. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    A: Animation errors happen some times.
    B: It might not have been an error.
    C: Maybe he just popped a blood vessel?

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I noticed it. Didn't think much of it though.

19. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Yeah, they were bonding over their mutual hate for Airachnid. Then Starscream had to screw it up. :dunce 

This is sort of what I was thinking too. Starscream is so power hungry, I doubt he has any connection to the actual Decepticon cause, and chooses sides based entirely on what advantage it gives him. I was expecting him to convince the Autobots that he was on their side, then betray them once he was in a position to cause some serious damage. Similar to what Swindle did to Hot Rod in the IDW comic.

But Arcee's desire for revenge and Screamer's love of gloating made him play his hand too soon.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Like this for instance?

[​IMG]