Episode 20 - Partners - Discussion is GO!

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jul 23, 2011.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    JaneDoe001 is that 11:30 pm or am? Eastern time, Pacific, or other?

and thank you!

2. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy Only mostly dead

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be interesting. Seing a Prime Skywarp and Thundercracker

3. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great episode. I wonder how arcee gonna deal with starscream now that she knows that starscream killed cliffjumper.

4. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Well, it was hinted that they might appear, since he mentioned the Seekers and that he was the commander.

Oh and just need to get this out, but after seeing today's episode I have only one conclusion: Best. Starscream. EVER! No seriously, I love him. It's just too bad he didn't stay with the Autobots longer, but boy, did I enjoy him kicking Arcee's butt!

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    RIP Larry Cullen. You will be missed for bringing us the main character of Transformers with your voice. And people are sad about Amy Winehouse.

So Starscream's going rogue as with Animated. Hmm. I didn't realise it, but Airachnid becoming Megatron's second in command was an interesting and smart choice. And I never thought Starscream would take to heart all that's happened with Megatron and Airachnid, but now that I think about it Rock Bottom should've made Starscream realize that he really can't hide his activities from Megatron anymore. Steve Blum is still friggin hilarious as Starscream with how flamboyant he is.

Optimus is as preachy as ever here, but I do respect what he says. Bland movie trailer announcer or not, the writers hit the point they were making perfectly.

Sumalee Montanno continues to be the best voice actor in the show, and I was very touched by Arcee visiting Cliffjumper's grave. Definetly a mature show on our hands, folks.

This continues the great episode streak since Operation: Breakdown. Sad to see another break, but literally, thems the breaks of a show of this level of greatness.

6. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Steve Blum is quickly edging his way to being my favorite Starscream of all time. I will always love Chis Latta for nostalgic reasons, but it's hard to compare the two performances when Blum gets so much better writing.

7. Sam Witwicky

Sam Witwicky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh I missed an episode again. If I keep this up I'm going to have the whole series downloaded. Now that waiting game begins.

8. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Considering Arcee's attitude towards cons, I'm surprised she was the one who suggested they work with Starscream.

Also, I really like Starscreams "Awweeeeeeee"

9. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode! I wasn't quite a fan of the previous episodes (especially the human involvement, I was really glad the bots/cons got to have their own episode for once) so this one was quite a treat! I was also happy to see the Immobilizer again, in a far more honorable form that's not so goofy (and the episode itself not being goofy! I could not take Ironhide or Carly seriously in that G1 episode....)

I'm glad there was no Starscream's ghost involvement, or constant vying for Megatron's throne in the plot anymore. I'm glad Starscream's been given space to develop as a character (by far the most space of all the characters in the show in my opinion). I'm looking forward to see the direction my favorite decepticon's heading towards. Plus, I really liked Starscream's facial expressions, by far they're the most expressive than the other characters'!

Airachnid, while she possesses a lot of potential to be interesting, still hasn't left an impression on me yet. It's like she's desperate filler episode fodder. I'm also not a fan of her voice, in truth, I liked Cree Summers' rendition best for the "Black Arachnia". I will concede though, that Airachnid has a lot of potential in character development considering her recent "alliance" with the decepticons!

My 27 year old [Kenmore] toaster still has more personality than Optimus Prime. Seriously, when are we going to see Prime with some more depth?!

Nevertheless, this episode had an all-together G1 feel with something new splashed into it. I'm trying not to be too judgmental on season one of this series, since they all have their growing pains (and also because the writers genuinely care for the TF franchise).

Ultimately though, I'm sorry to hear of Peter Cullen's loss, and can only hope that his brother is resting in peace.

10. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

Another great episode. Starscream going on his own should be interesting and I look forward to seeing where they go with that. It was also nice to see Optimus again after his several-episode absence, and I'm glad he got some character development even if it wasn't much. It's too bad there's another break coming up, I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

11. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't know if Starscream is being sincere now about anything. His lying nature makes me question his message/journal entry through Soundwave at the episode start. But my wish for actual character development wants the message to be sincere, so that the character can be more than just a punching bag. At least Starscream's internal monologue at the end increases the chance that he's sincere. And I sure hope his character undergoes more development.

As for Airachnid, I think she should have just taken the staff and ran. She could have requested a ground bridge instead of taking on the autobots. As of this moment, the autobots have gotten their hands on the polarity gauntlet and the staff(given that Ratchet can seeminlgy repair it). And with Starscream's potential to leak information on the Decepticons, that is a big blow for the Decepticons.

This episode just shows me once again that Optimus is irreplacable. Looking at the way things are, if things turn out bad, the other autobots may get theri judgements clouded. Optimus Prime is probably the bedrock that prevents them from being washed away by their own personal vandettas.

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    This. Starscream totally makes up for the various flaws the show has.

Speaking of which, Soundwave needs to do something, even if it's just trolling.

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    My take on Screams recording his speech for the "historical" record was to set things up for his eventual defection..it just came sooner than he expected. SS knows SW sees and hears everything anyway, why not take that step b4 it was recorded behind his back.

Her angry face close-up also made me notice that Arcee is the only Autobot I've noticed with purple rings in her blue eyes...a little bit of Con on the inside fighting to come to the surface??? Hmmm??

BB did kick butt and took out the itsy bitsy spider, didn't he?? WTG Bee! Sneaking up on her, way to "bug" her and send her off without the prize. :) 
    It did make me wonder what Arcee would have done had Bee not showed up when he did...she wanted to go ahead and scrap SS...maybe Prime's words ran thru her head also.

:D  Too true, of course don't remember seeing a map on the monitor so we could see the location of the wreckage this time...could have been another remote area..but it did look like the desert. Even if no one lives there, a plane or two would have flown over at some point and noticed the wreck. Heck even Fowler could be out there flying around and should have seen it.

Wasn't sure if you just had a typo here or not, but Capt. Cullen is Peter Cullen's brother and the inspiration for Prime's voice and demeanor, not his actual VA.

14. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    not to mention that B totally did a Matrix jump.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By the way, Arcee "Avenged" Cliffjumper with a PEOPLE'S ELBOW!

Fitting.

16. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Trolling Soundwave is the best!!!

I loved this episode! So, is it Unicron or the Fallen that's coming? ;) 

17. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yup, I freakin love this show. I don't get how people can dislike it, but c'est la vie.

I really like that they still bring up Cliffjumper and Tailgate. Granted it is only to piss off or in connection to Arcee (you never see Bulkhead missing him, for example) but it is still great that the dead stay dead and their deaths have meaning.

About Starscream I don't think he was deceiving anyone other than Arcee for that split second before his attack. His speech to Soundwave sounded completely genuine especially after the events of Rock Bottom. His plea to join the Autobots was rational and you could just feel the fear and loathing in his speech. And his ending, while not my preferred way to end it, wasn't out of the blue. So I think this entire episode was Starscream searching for who he was; desperately trying to find himself.

I do have to ask though, is Earth Cybertron's garbage dump? They've had what, 4 or 5 McGuffins on the planet that despite 10,000 years of human history and exploration no one had ever discovered? This brings us to, what, 3 starships that have crashed landed and just sit there out in the open and apparently have some "Humans keep away. Nothing cool here." signs around them? I'm really hoping next season will kill the McGuffin of the week stories.

Speaking of the next season, by Primus stop with the freakin breaks!! Take the time you need to make sure that once you start the season you can finish it without a break every other freakin episode! I truly believe they should have waited a year before airing this season. Not only would the toys be released simultaneously but then you wouldn't kill your ratings by playing games with the audience.

But at the end of the day it was still a fantastic episode and cannot wait until the next one.

Prowl was never mentioned. You might have misheard prow, which is the front of a ship.

The way things work, this episode was likely recorded and long past the point any changes could be made at the time of his death.

18. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely enjoyed this episode. Airachnid certainly appears to be in Megatrons good book, that is until she elts Starscream get caught. It seems Starscream only prefers jet alt-modes, even though Airachnids is capable of flight. Liked Bulkheads little reference to the Fallen, nice to see him get an in-show confirmation of existence.

19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Great fun episode, although I expected a better reveal to the end. Like that the device was totally screwed and Starscream was the only one with the knowledge to reverse the process and the next couple of episodes would be about Bumblebee, Ratchet, Arcee and Starscream working together to undo the damage done.

Still, a solid ending that hints to the interesting direction the show is going.

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Oh one more thing. Why did Optimus reprimand Arcee for facing Airachnid alone? She's faced off against her multiple times and only ever received mesh wounds. I would think Optimus would recognize that she's capable of handling her, even if she is too emotional about her.