Episode 20 - Partners - Discussion is GO!

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jul 23, 2011.

1. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

Nice to see this thread back in the limelight. This is one of my favorite episodes of the series.

Now about Arcee going total homicidal on Starscream. Was she understandable in her actions? As much as it pains a Starscream fan to say this, yes. Losing someone you care about is not a fun thing to go through.

Frankly, I'm not even angry at Arcee. She's another one of my favorite characters (and the only Autobot I'm getting a toy of, unless they release another female). I'm more disappointed in the fact that the writers chose for Starscream to not join with the Autobots for at least a few episodes. Instead, he goes off on his own.

It's not like he's ever done that before......*thinks of G1 (a few times), Cybertron, and Animated Starscream*......Oh wait.........

Ugh, what a perfectly good waste of a plot......at least that's the way it seems to me right now......hopefully they'll rectify this when Season 2 comes around........I'm still pissed that they delayed it............

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yeah I figured this thread needed to have a second go of some sorts!:thumb 

And I agree about Arcee! What she went though was indeed traumatic and frankly there were times when I kind of wanted to hug and comfort her showing her she's never alone when dealing with this kind of grief!

While what she done was indeed foolish I think many people are forgetting that it's very difficult trying to move on and keeping yourself together because things like this take time and pateince. Hearing who killed Cliffjumper didn't exactly help her problem either. As for Starscream well, truthfully in my opinon this version doesn't seem the type that'll redeem hmself. Don't get me wrong,it's a very nice concept something which I really liked about Armada and it's quite a nich idea for him for a change after all the G1 inspired characterizations! It's just that if Starscream really means to reform he wouldn't have try to kill Arcee when he had the chance. If the writers are planning a redemption story for him or at least a Dinobot like character they need to be smart on how they will pull off so it won't look badly written or lazy. They may pull it off somehow so I am willing to be a little open minded!

Who knows? Maybe they will do something with Starscream that'll suprise us in the end so let's see how it'll take us?:) 

3. hyper90

hyper90 Member

I like the the part where Megatron is yelling at Arachnid at the end of the episode :D 

4. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

I am dissapointing that it wasn´t Airachnid the one who spoiled Arcee about the identity of Cliff´s murderer (giving a reason to the scene when SS show off over Airachnid of his past archievements, including cold blood murder).

The way Starscream (the same SS who was Genre Savvy enough to come back to the mine in order to try to rescue Megatron, the previous episode) slip his tongue in front of her captor (Cliff´s partner, with alleged emotional problems about losing her partners to the Cons) was plain stupid.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    ^shemadbro

Partners is still one of my favorite episodes.

7. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I undestand she was upset at the time but honestly that's NOT her most lovely expression ladies and gentelmen!:lol 

TFP Arcee: (Not amused) Ha ha ha, very funny!:sly: 

Me: Sorry! but it looks strange all the same!

TFP Arcee: True but that's nothing compaired to this! ( Shows me the cover of the Marvel comic where Ratchet and Megatron were fused together.)

Me Oh good grief how could I forgotten that?!?:eek: 

TFP Arcee: Well things like this can't be always forgotten forever. Believe me I know, I saw what they did to me in IDW. By the way I showed the cover to Ratchet and Megatron yesterday.

Me: How did they react?

TFP Arcee: Rachet took one horrifed look at it and fainted on the spot. It took 12 hours to get him back to conceinsnes, and as for Megatron well let's just say he's still in the medic room being hysterical about the thought of that happening to him.

Me: Ouch!

TFP Arcee: I know! And to think I'm the one who's having it tough here!

8. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well it does make more sense if it was Airachnid who told Arcee that. However I think Airachnid was putting her plan to get into Megatron's favour first before she can do that. In other words work before pleasure!:) 

In Starscream's defense he was getting a little to indegnent to know that he should be careful of what he says so things like that does happen often. Unfourtunatly he did it at a rather poor time since Arcee was not in a jolly mood at the time so to speak!:lol  So in a way he had the beatdown coming to him for being such a pompus braggert. I'm having a feeling that the next time he shows up around season 2 he's not going to let Arcee forget about this incident which will have Arcee really regretting going postal on him!

9. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I'm really wondering if they are going to bring up the fact that Arcee spared his life. In a way he owes her. Hope they won't ignore it, having Arcee having an emotional attitude towards other 'Con than Airachnid would be great.
    I'm not sure whether Starscream will make Arcee remember the accident or not. It was quite embarrassing for him to be beaten and then spared by her. As unlikely as it is, maybe he will in a way try to make them even (by sparing Jack or ratting on 'Cons, idk). Or he will just mock her that she should have killed him when she had the chance.

But I hope that in season 2 Starscream will do some growing up and become a kind of character that lives by his dual morality, but isn't simply evil. Like in the beginning of 'Partners' where he seemed to sincerely want to mend his ways and submit to Megatron.

While re-watching the episode is occurred to me that in this show they just love paralleled situations- gathering the killers of two of Arcee's partners and having them switch their positions was brilliant. Airachnid now appears to the new SIC (and Megatrons and Soundwave's chewtoy) while Starscream goes rouge. This gave me the idea that they could reverse the situation again and bring the 'Skyfire stuck in an iceberg' plot just to have Starscream rejoin with his old partner and bring Arcee into the mess. Yeah I know, just a random and unlikely idea, considering how goddamn boring G1 Skyfire was. Though they could kill him in the very same episode he appears, making it both tragic and convenient.

And thumbs up for bringing back this thread, this is my favorite episode!

10. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

These are very interesting ideas you have. I would love it if they portrayed Starscream in a way that wasn't always so G1. It's why Armada is my favorite.