Episode 20 - Partners - Discussion is GO!

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jul 23, 2011.

1. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    This! :thumb 

2. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

No kids was a BIG plus for me as well. :thumbs2: 

3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Agreed on all parts. Especially Optimus. I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry when Arcee saw the Decepticons, said under her breath, "Airachnid..." and Optimus yells "SURRENDER" in that 'epic' tone he has. It was a real herpderp moment. Plus, the humans weren't annoying (in my opinion) in Rock Bottom because they were believable. They showed a lot more depth than "O hai i represent stereotype X." Rock Bottom is, in my opinion, up there with Scrapheap as one of the episodes to beat.

4. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got to hand it to the animators. The use of energon blood works well. I think its a good addition that can add tension to a scene. I think we as humans can easily relate or understand things such as severe bleeding subconciously. I really liked it here.

The sudden drops of blood on the ground stunned me. Normally it would be something that blows up or just explodes with sparks, in other Transformer stories. But seeing blood pouring out of Arcee's wound felt like it added to the seriousness of the incident. And in a way, it made the feelings seem more realistic.

5. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It definately seems Starscream is gonna see his unrealized potential, I do think some of his lines were quite sincere during his groveling. For a while it had me thinking what if the Dinobot like character they were refering to was Starscream which I think could work well, as I loved Armada Starscream even with it's whole hokey Pokemon vibe. I would love too see Starscream take that approach again.

And I don't know if it's just me but Blums Starscream sometime reminds me of McNeils Dinobot.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    We have a discussion thread for Partners, you'd probably get more responses if you post there.

7. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    So, basically, this is a thread for you to tell us "I WAS RIGHT!!"?
    As for the future... I'm sure few people expected him to go rogue, so we can't really guess anything about the future with certainty at this point.

8. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    SkyQuake's still stuck in another dimension. I reckon he'll either raid Mech who have been building their own transformers, or make an alliance with them and then betray them once they've built him an army *Cough, Combaticons, cough*

9. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really good episode, I thought it was low of Starscream to strike Arcee in the gut like that. Did not see that coming. He really went into "despicable" territory this time.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I agree, I loved warrior/noble Starscream. It was just such a turnaround of the character, yet it worked. The shame of it is in the eyes of most of the audience, and probably the writers, Starscream is too far along his path of evil to truly redeem himself without dying in the process.

But what I'd give to see him swing a sword around and fight an even fight with an Autobot again.....

11. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope he either turns good or reverts to totally evil, I'm disapointed by his cowardice in recent episodes, this starscream meant business in early episodes yet has turned back to being again a joke. This starscream could take care of cliffjumper yet failed to really damage arcee, it was very disapointing.

12. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. It's scary how close the two sound at times, it's almost if blum was told to voice him like dinobot. Maybe foreshadowing the future.

13. Shockwave9241

Shockwave9241 Leige Maximo

Ebay:
    Episode 21

I had heard that there might be a chance in the 21st episode that wheeljack returns to earth. I hope so. Cant wait for the Transformers Prime toys to come to our town. The Skyquake Character toy is SWEET!

14. Shockwave9241

Shockwave9241 Leige Maximo

Ebay:
    Bump

15. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got a source for that rumor? I'm also hoping Wheeljack returns soon, hopefully to stay.

16. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    Yep, hope that Starscream learns from this, to become an even more interesting character! :D 

Glad to see more people liking Armada Starscream. That show may have had faults, but the Starscream in Armada was the best incarnation of the character, imo.

As for the voice, I get what you mean. I've been rewatching 'Code of Hero' recently and I noticed the similarities between Starscream and Dinobot's voices.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That sad part is that after Chris Latta died, Scott McNeil voiced Cobra Commander.

I'm still surprised he's never voiced Starscream at all. Not even in Beast Wars, That would have been epic as hell. :bay 

18. Flashdisk

News Credits:

Hmm... I kind of like him more for heroic characters. But he probably would've done well for Starscream.:thumbs2:  I hope he gets to voice some new characters in Prime later on.

As of now though, Steven Blum is doing a really good job with Starscream. Fantastic job even.

Now its time to give Starscream some guts. I mean Steven Blum voiced characters such as Spike Spiegel, Garcia Hotspur and possibly Shishio Makoto. It would be embarassing if Starscream ends up just cowering in fear all the time and have epic fails one after the other.

19. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Deluxe Animated Arcee says hello.

Starscream and Arcee are the best characters in this show.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Scrapheap was wonderful yes, and again it had a lot of human screentime.

Roberto Orci asked us to not hate the humans and give them a chance and really I'm totally up for that, because so far many of my favorite episodes (Rock Bottom, Scrapheap, Crisscross) have a strong human element that not only helps the plot but the humans also give us a much stronger story-telling.

I'm not saying that humans magically make everything better, just that the "lol it sucks cuz humans" is extremely stupid, I've seen people whine about Raf being stereotypical smart kid but those are usually the same guys that would jizz themselves if STERREOTYPICAL ROBOT SCIENTIST PERCEPTOR showed up.