Episode 20 - Partners - Discussion is GO!

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jul 23, 2011.

1. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    I couldn't help myself:
    [​IMG]

2. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny, but not very sexy.

3. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

As they say.......
    "ROFLOL" :lolol 

4. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Who else is starting to feel bad for Starscream? I see him as a once noble seeker, he lead his own group. His greed led him to Megatron. His treachery led him to switch sides. And now, he is all alone...

5. LesterX

LesterX Banned

What episode is that?

6. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well, it's not that they really need human partners. It's just that the only characters with any real development have them. Alot of episodes have been dedicated to Arcee and Bulkhead and their interactions with their human partners have helped develop them. Even Bee and Raf have received some development. Prime and Ratchet, however? All Prime does is make epic speeches and act perfect. And all Ratchet does is....be grumpy doc. But do we really know all that much about these two characters? No. And Optimus...he needs to loosen up. Have him play basketball with the bots or something. He's so perfect and never has vengeful feelings or anthing. That's why I think Elita One would be such a great addition. He was being a goody goody and telling Arcee that revenge is bad. But what if Megatron seriously injured or killed Elita One? Or just threatened her? Would he be all goody goody then or would he start acting like Arcee and want to rip Megatron a new orifice and kill him! What if he had a human he bonded with to protect and that human was endangered or hurt? Would he be all goody goody then? I think having a human partner or love interest can really bring on Prime's character development and really test the boundaries of his soul. It's doing that with the other bots.

7. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I see some people complaining that Arcee's grudge against Airachnid and the new one against Starscream being predictable. To me, seeing that flaw in her was kind of the point to her story in this episode. Just like Predatory had her learn to trust her partners again, here she learned that letting your personal feelings come first will result in more harm to both you and those around you. My one worry is that the writers end up ignoring the lessons learned here, but the episode itself I can't fault, it shows the beginning of tremendous growth for Arcee.

And Starscream has further cemented himself as my favorite Decepticon on this show. I love that the Con most infamous for betrayal is the one who ends up feeling betrayed.

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    episodes like this make me mad that we dont even have the toys yet. its animated all over again in that respect.

9. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Fixed.

10. Sideswipe94

Sideswipe94 Autobot

News Credits:
    The Fallen's reference caught my ear too. Got a feeling he'll be invovled in this show hopefully.

11. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I'm not feeling sorry for him.

Starscream reminds me of a spoiled kid. If he can't get his way he goes into his rants.

He won't stay alone too long, but we'll see.

12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    This has to be one of the best episodes of the entire series. I love the characterization of this Starscream, I have to say that.. (looks down at shoes) he may be up there with the G1 version. The greatest part is that there were no kids in the show. Woohoo!

13. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to agree, it was a great episode and it was nice not to have the kids.

14. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Incredible episode. I still can't believe there's people out there that consider Prime's writing inferior compared to Mike Costa's on the ongoing. Starscream brilliantly escapes villain degradation in this episode. The guy was just working on so many levels, and I don't know how much of what he said was genuine and how much was smokescreen. The guy is just awesome. BEST. STARSCREAM. EVER. Even better than G1, and I love G1 Screamer.

Also- BEST. ARCEE. EVER. Not that that was hard to do, but aside from being the best Arcee, she really is becoming one of my favorite characters in the franchise overall. Airachnid needs some new material though. Seems like every time she runs into Arcee she starts off with, "Arcee!" in the same tone and then proceeds to ask about how many partners she's lost today. New material, lady!

Great episode. Excellent awesome work.

15. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    nuu arcee u cant b vengefur!
    [​IMG]

16. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yup TFP Starscream is proving himself to be everything G1 SS was and so much more.

Now the question is, as he is going solo if he is to make any meaningful impact he will probably need some stooges. Will that lead to recruits or cloning experiments or just playing both sides against the middle? Maybe Screamer will be responsible for unleashing the big bad we're hearing about for next season?

17. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

One of, if not, the best Starscream ever in Transformers. Nice to also see Optimus get attention in this episode. Man, this episode made me wanna get the Bumblebee figure! He kicked some metal ass in this episode! Also, I liked how Optimus' trailer actually stayed when he transformed, and didn't just "magically" disappear. So far, this is my favorite episode! Lovin' this series almost as much as Animated!

18. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Prime from what I have seen, but I don't think anything will beat Animated

19. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can totally see Starscream allying himself with
    Unicron
    . I think he realizes he can't pose much of a threat to either side all alone.

20. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Unicron doesn't have allies, only servants and food.