Episode 20 - Partners - Discussion is GO!

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Bob's Personal Assistant

Bumblebee's eyes tend to color change a lot too. During the middle part of his fight w/t Airachnid (the section where he tricks her) the center of his eyes are black, even though they were blue at the beginning of the ep. It happened in the first ep, and 'Masters and Students' too.

On a completely unrelated note, everybody had Sadface on at fullblast in this episode. Even Optimus looked sad when he was reprimanding Arcee -- his face actually looked gentle . . . awww.

Man, we need more Optimus, Ratchet, and Bee in this series. They've been completely sidelined by the Miko/Bulkhead+Jack/Arcee pairs. And Raf. This kid has the personality of an Eradicon. Grrrrr. Aaargh. *rant*

2. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Is "Captain H.L. Larry Cullen" Peter Cullen's brother? He was the inspiration for the voice of Optimus Prime, if I remember correctly.

3. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think so.

4. TfAnimatedfan

News Credits:
    We need an exploitable for that!!!

5. TfAnimatedfan

News Credits:
    :( 

6. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as Starscream has a habit of betrayal, up to this point he was always trying to expand his influence within an organization. I'm not too sure he has ever been to used about working alone. He probably just chooses sides depending on which can give him a promotion. I think that's why he switched to the Decepticon's side in the first place. I think either in WFC or Exodus, he was passed over for a promotion. Not sure though.

Sad, I really wanted some sort of redemption for the character. And I really wanted a character change and I was hoping that he was sincere in leaving a message with Soundwave.

As much as I like this Starscream, I realize I still like Armada Starscream the best(Except the dying part, and I don't consider the other Starscreams of the Unicron trilogy as the same character).

I found this to remind me: http://youtu.be/T1img3-8lTc

7. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was pretty funny watching Arcee and Screamer interact. Kinda felt like Arcee and her gay bff bonding over that bitch Airachnid.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i don't think it's an error, i think they did it on purpose, for one, he is a robot, and i assume those eyes are "lighted" up, some how.

and the red also does a much better job of showing that he is afraid of arcee, then the black would of, i think it was on purpose.

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Remember how I was pissed at Starscream's decline as a villain? I'm not anymore: This show solved all the issues I had with Starscream in ONE episode, kudos for you, TFPrime crew.

I never thought I'd be actually rooting for Starscream, that I'd be actually be sympathizing so much with that psychotic bastard, this Starscream is my absolute favorite of all Starscreams, he puts all other SS to shame when it comes to character-depth.

He started the episode as trying to redeem himself [I think that was the first instance where Starscream actually tried to change his backstabb-y ways], I started to feel genuinely sorry for him and root for the guy.

If the episode were just that, I'd be happy, but then he kicked the living crap out of Arcee, returning him to his badass status again. FUCK YEAH!

And then, this episode turns Starscream even mroe awesome by turning him into a rogue:

"I have been a fool. Made mistakes. Monumental ones. But I have gained a clear understanding of my place in the universe. Of who I am. Starscream: aligned with no side; servant, to no one."

In short: This episode single-handedly made Prime-Screamer one of my favorite TF-Characters, added depth to him, fixed the isuses I had with him, AND made him more badass.

Best. Episode. Ever.

10. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    RIP Larry Cullen :( 

Really great episode.
    I really liked Starscream's and Arcee's battle.I loved him kicking Arcee's butt.And overall,this Starscream is probably the best version of the character.
    Liked the way BB punched Airachnid at the end too

Nice to see that Optimus got some character development too

Can't wait for more

11. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

Seeing Megatron loose his shit on Arachnid .... Old school awesomeness

12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally, an episode with most of the cast.

Starscream was total bad ass in this.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  This sounds all sorts of gross :lol 

14. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Primus, no wonder she quit...

jD001

15. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    RIP Larry Cullen. :rip 

It's probably the reason why we didn't hear Optimus speak for the last three episodes. Maybe...

But other wise... One of the best episodes ever!

I'm loving this series more and more. They've obviously turned this Starscream into a unique character. His battle with Arcee was awsome and he practically kicked her skidplate! It kind of surprised me that Starscream turned against the Autobots by nearly killing Arcee. But what's even more surprising is when Bumblebee was looking on with the 'I'm ashamed of you' stare or the 'Why?' stare at Arcee.

Immobalizer? Lobbing with The Fallen? Excellent references!

I was on the edge of my seat during the whole episode. Yeesh!

But I love how Optimus seemed to scold Arcee for going off on her own against Airachnid. Then he provided some form of comfort to her with his 'words of wisdom' about never finding peace when she acted out of revenge and giving another life's lesson in one sentence.

It's great to hear Optimus speak again after not having any lines for three episodes. This is a great way of him to make a comeback. What's even better is that we were able to catch a glimpse of his personality. He seems to be the 'strictly-goes-by-the-book' kind of guy if you think about it. Maybe that's just me, but that is what I saw. He doesn't like rules being broken and is even compassionate enough to show mercy to Starscream, even if it was Arcee's suggestion.

But all in a while, a great episode! Perhaps almost levelled with that of Scrapheap. Can't wait to see more in the future. Meanwhile, I go back and watch the previous episodes until 30 days have passed. Hah!

16. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Thilda, where did you get this pic from with Starscream in the Autobot base? Because that wasn't featured in today's episode. Is this from a Hub commercial showing a clip of a future episode? Because if it is, it looks like Starscream could be interacting with the Autobots more in the future and even joining forces with them?

17. humblebot

humblebot Well-Known Member

That's a photomanip.

18. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was actually suspecting that, but wasn't sure.

19. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else think that Megatron's gonna find Starscream in the next episode?

To be honest, I was getting sick of Arcee looking for vengence, sure she lost two partners but ever since episode 12 it seems like she was looking for revenge more than working with the Autobots, though I guess it's supposed to go with her persona.

I have to admit, Screamer was a jackass in this episode but you saw how frustrated he was with either side. The last straws were 1) Airachnid ditching him and B) Arcee attacking him, although Screamer really did fight back the second time around. Wait until he finds out that Airachnid got an earful for leaving 'Screamy' behind.

LOLed when BB moved while Airachnid was talking to Optimus. :lol  I also saw how adorable BB was when he looked on in shock as Arcee was about to finish off Starscream. Kinda like a little kid watching mommy and daddy fighting.

jD001

20. megapork

megapork Cheese

Or when a kid catches his parents doing something....... that sounded so wrong....

Oh And any one notice that airacnid's head could fit in megatron's mouth..... That sounded really wrong.........................