Episode 19 - Rock Bottom Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Also, what I think some forget, is that Starscream has physical needs like requiring Energon and maybe some other form of food to survive. It's not like Energon just grows everywhere and is easy to extract. It may even be in short supply on Earth now because the Cons have extracted so much of it. If he defects from the Cons, he may have no way of feeding himself anymore and may eventually starve to death and die. Energon to them may be like oxygen to us. If their bodies use up their entire store, they could die shortly afterwards. So he's not only risking Megatron hunting him down and killing him, he's also risking starvation and death if he leaves the Cons.

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Sheesh. Starscream is really having a nervious breakdown, huh?

And Jack had one of his fire extinguisher moments again....

3. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Oh wow, I was really quite impressed with this ep.! Fantastic tension-filled interactions and moments between Megatron and SS, Megatron and Jack, SS and Miko, SS and Bulkhead and Arcee and SS; I...actually felt like shedding a tear when Miko did (didn't think that would happen anytime soon!); the cave environments really evoked a sense of wide space, and with the voice echoes, it reminded me somehow of the Tomb of the Primes from ROTF; animation is really getting better, espcially with facial expressions (loved all of SS's extreme expressions of fear, anger, cowardice and frustration, and the moment at the end when Arcee looked back at the cave, like she really wanted to finish the job); camera angles from human levels and camera movements from high vantage points were used to impressive and grand effect; and some great new dramatic music when the cave collapsed and the camera moves away into an aerial shot. The ending left us with a big question that I expect next week's ep. will answer: what will happen to SS? Can't wait to find out!

Oh and Arcee took on Megatron pretty well before the cave-in. She had remarkable aim with her shots to Megatron's canon arm! And she snuck up on SS...again (first time was in the DR eps. from above)! Go Arcee!

And now Megatron's final death glare will haunt my dreams...

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want starscream stop talking to himself or being afraid of arcee.

Although both captions are funny.

5. Team Prime

Team Prime Gosh, idiots...

to be honest, I liked last weeks episode better, but this one was still pretty nice

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, hopefully this week's will be pretty good.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Rock Bottom much better than last week due to the intensity of all characters involved.

I recall the writers saying that the show would be about character/interaction and this episode really showed it. Easily best character interaction we've had since Beast Wars, it was just so intense without being exaggerated, they were reacting to dangerous situations all in their own way and it felt very believable ( Megatron trapped with a drill to his face, Miko and Bulkhead basically waiting for death, Starscream and the whole Megatron dilema ).

8. Team Prime

Team Prime Gosh, idiots...

now if only it would COME OUT!!!!!

9. Satanatron

Satanatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love how sinister this Megatron is. This has been an awesome show so far.

10. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I liked Miko for the 1st time in this episode. Still stupied of her to go into the cave with out the bots, but show she really cares about bulkhead when she would not leave him.

11. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

That reminds me, when Bulkhead asked Miko to bang his foot with the rock, my first impression was that he was trying to make her use up all of the oxygen so she would die by suffocation instead of being crushed. It doesn't make much sense that way (crushing would surely be quicker and less painful), but that's where my mind instinctively went. This show is definitely darker than most Transformer shows ever go, because something that morbid would *never* have entered my mind while watching most TF series.

12. DarkLiger

DarkLiger Well-Known Member

too much fan-fiction?

On-topic the Prime Megatron is quickly becoming my favorite version of the character. I wonder if he will taunt Jack about not finishing him off in the mine. I thought the whole Jack/Meagtron interaction was well done.

Why Arcee paused, I have a theory, She was thinking about when Bumblebee entered Megatron's mind. This is the second opportunity she had to finish off Megatron for good but walked away. I'm loving Arcee in this series.

13. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Really enjoyed this episode. The shot of megatron poking his head in that hole was kind of funny. It was a peek a boo moment. But still this megatron is scary. I would have liked to see optimus but oh well. No more bulkhead and arcee after this. Please. I like them but they had their own episode in the previous week. Loved starscream and was mad it ended on a cliffhanger. Can't wait till next week

14. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I think he wanted her to bang his foot with the rock so Jack and Arcee would hear the clang and come their way.

15. denali76c

denali76c Active Member

i think your both right. i think starscream was smart enough to realize the gravity of the situation in that his only chance of survival was to go back and help megatron. in hopes that he would be welcomed back into the fold.
    but i don't think he thought it was a small chance, i think he really felt megatron would take him back with open arms. so he was smart for deciding to go back and stupid for having total confidence that it would work.

16. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I really like the "No, Optimus wouldn't do it, not like this" and I'm glad since they distanced this Optimus from the movie monstrosity.

Since you you KNOW if it was movie-verse Prime piloting that drill he would run that motherfucker right through Megatron's skull and probably rip out his arm and killed Starscream with Megatron's fusion cannon.

17. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same thing, Bulkhead wanted Jack and Arcee to hear the clang from the rock hitting his foot.

Then someone reminded me, Bulkhead has a built in sound system. Why couldn't he use that?

18. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This makes me wonder about Orci and Kurtzman's control over the 2 films they wrote. From what I can recall, Prime became a killing machine during TF 2, a story written by Robert Orci and Kurtzman.

Yet in this story, which I think Robert Orci and Kurtzman are still writers, Prime seems to have a pacifist approach to things.

So who added all those scenes of Optimus mutilating the Fallen, ripping a Decepticon's head in half with hooks, executing a downed Decepticon etc.

Could they all have been from Michael Bay, given that Optimus even became more of a killing machine in Transformer's 3rd installment?

19. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    He's devoting all his power to holding up the rocks?

Or maybe he's afraid the vibrations will cause the cave to collapse more.

Flashdisk: Considering the line about Optimus being a Con it could be that this leader isn't as much of a paragon as everyone seems to think. They did say we'd delve into what it means to be a Prime so maybe Optimus has to work really hard to not let his malicious side get through.

20. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

What a great episode. It's official- I LOVE this Megatron. He's just...so much FUN!

But, really now- we need some Optimus. :(