Episode 19 - Rock Bottom Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jul 16, 2011.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

The scenes with Megtaron and Starscream were great, as was the opening bit with the 4 protagonists.

2. Sideswipeluva

Sideswipeluva Cassette

This episode is slowly bringing this show, in my opinion, out of a meaningless filler stage and, hopefully, into a well thought out plot and character developmental stage. The next episode hopefully is bound to introduce some plot twist, what with Starscream 'defecting' and all. Hopefully it won't just end up as a single episode thing and last as a full story arc, but still.... It's weird.
    This Starscream killed a mech like the first five minutes into his reveal! He's way too dark to be an Autobot. Unless of course, there's a plot twist/devlopment of his character (that we all know so well).
    And I still say that Cliffjumper should've come back as zombie!Cliff in Rock Bottom!

And PRIMUS Starscream's faces in this episode was ADORABLE!

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:

MEGATRON'S fusion cannon was strong enough to do that. All Arcee could do was make his arm go up, but it was Megatron firing upwards that made the cave fall.

4. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Megatron's expression at the end was very intriguing.

Well, not a bad one, and maybe, just maybe, Miko might mature from realizing what a millstone she is around Bulkhead's neck?

Still not liking her, though. She'd have to serious up a lot for that to start happening.

Megaton was in his glory. He was totally in control. He knew about Screamer's plans and only chose to end them when he grew bored. That is just fantastically awesome. This version of Megs seems ancient, but not yet...tired? It makes him seem to just exude power and control. Even with Jack riding a drill and able to core out Megatron's head, Megs is still the one utterly in charge of the exchange.

I must also say, the sheer size difference between Megatron and Starscream really helps drive home the point that no, Screamer will never usurp his master. Starscream has moved from one failure to another and Megatron not only knew, he took little to no action because it amused him and Starscream still had some use. But once he was done with the game, there is left no doubt whatsoever that even if Starscream were to try an overt coup and assassination, he'd fail at that, too.

Hell, the little lesson in politics was also amusing and well done. Starscream had to go back for Megatron. Any other move would have been certain doom. Yet going back only gave him a chance to survive and not even with any respect. Megatron is firmly in control of his faction, it seems.

Bulkhead had some nice moments as well. He's really proving that he is a hero, through and through; concerned for others, brave in the face of terrible odds, and yet still able to actually think things through when he really needs to. Great addition to the mythos - very different than TF:A Bulkhead, but very welcome nonetheless.

- Coeloptera

5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I loved this episode. The Megatron/Starscream scenes were awesome and this episode showed how much Miko loves Bulkhead. Did anyone else think about the "can you drive this" scene from DOTM?

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not kidding... that look gave me a slight nightmare. I dreamed that the Decepticons had taken over the earth, Movie-style, and I wanted to talk to Megatron to convince him to stop, and remind him that he was once a freedom fighter. So I went into this warehouse, where he, Starscream, and Shockwave were scheming. I talked to him, and he glared at me like in the episode. Freaky shit.

This episode gave me hope for Miko. I don't hate her for the sake of it. I can warm up to her again if she has moments like this, again, to show that she is not just a caricature.

7. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Not a bad episode, but not that good either. Most interesting part for me was the insight into Con politics: Megatron having had Soundwave spying on Starscream all this time, and taking delight in Screamer's constant failuers. And also the twisted logic Screamer was operating under in that he was stupid enough to believe going back to resuce Megatron would put him in the clear again... This episode sets up for the next very nicely.

8. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream stole. the. show.

Great character interaction; sure it could be called filler, but more character development is always welcome, and I could definitely see the next episode building off of this. I imagine the next time Megatron lists Starscream's treachery/failures this will be at the top of the list.

God Damn is Megatron terrifying in the end-scene. Just leaning on that rock, glaring at Starscream.

Great episode, the development for Mike really makes want to see more of Bumblebee/Raf. Just because someone is "mute" doesn't mean they have to be a non-character, Just look at movie!Bee or Soundwave. I really think there's a lot of potential in a turbo-revvin'-young-punk-character (TM.) who we only see through actions and tone.

9. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I don't think Starscream was stupid deciding to go back for Megatron. He was actually smart enough to grasp the gravity of the situation and knew that his only chance for survival (as small chance as it was) was to get in Megatron's good book again. G1!Screamer would just go back to Nemesis, tell the other 'Cons to feast their eyes on him and get killed the moment Megs gets home. Had he tried to escape a'la Animated style, Megatron would have him hunt down and terminated. He has nowhere to go, no immortality (at least none we know of), no allies (I wouldn't count on Breakdown).

The only option he didn't consider was seeking refugee with the Autobots, or rather in their secret base. But judging from the description of 'Partners' we know that Starscream's plan did work, at least partly. He survives, for now.

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to agree in part which this show was ok.

11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I liked the start of the episode a lot. You just knew from the way he was acting that Starscream was trying to hide something.

By the end I wasn't so crazy about it. Just the way things unfolded didn't go the way I thought it should've. I was kinda disappointed it didn't become a Miko and Starscream story like the preview image hinted at.

12. TinnaMinor

TinnaMinor Eradicon

At the very end of this episode, Megatron has 'evil-smirk-of-doom' (tm.) from G1. This usually means that there is about to be an evil plot that will be successful until Starscream screws it up. Obviously, Screamer lives, I mean, how else can he get into Partners?

I didn't really like parts of this episode, such as Jack being able to drive a drill, or the fact that we almost never see Arcee. Miko changed a little bit, and I liked how they made her cry.

What I really liked was the Megatron and Starscream interaction. The fact that Megatron seems to be all knowing and Starscream's constant begging brought on G1 flashbacks. But I couldn't help but notice that he didn't mention Starscream's rescue that went for Breakdown. On purpose? Starscream abandons Megatron (what else is new) but the fact that he can think farther than, "Now I lead the Decepticons!" (G1) is a real cause for applause. And that fact that he goes back for Megatron proves that though he's an idiot for thinking that Megatron will let him come back, he is also smart enough to realize his chances of surviving at home are minimal. By far, I enjoyed his nasty moments when he finds Miko and Bulkhead. Constantly tormenting and teasing the helpless is what he seems to do best.

An okay episode, leading up to the Partners episode which will decide the future of many Starscream fans. I look forward to it. (Come faster Saturday!)

~TinnaMinor

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    at first I wasnt keen on the story. It was not bad but it was the same thing autobots show up kids mess up autobots fix everything.

But I was surprised to see just how much time was spent with Megs and screamer and that death stare from megatron on the end,,, epic

14. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Okay episode, still can't stand miko. They should remove all the children imo.

15. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

Yeah, remove the main characters that the target audience best relates to. That's a fantastic idea.

Jack is a very good character for a human sidekick and Miko has her moments, but Raf is the one who really needs some work. Here's hoping for a Raf-centric episode so somethingb can be made of his character.

16. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I don't mind the kids at all, but we could use a less human-centric episode like 'Masters and students' or 'Operation: Breakdown'.

17. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Loved the episode! I dont remember Starscream whining so much since the old G1 days! Thank you for that, TF: Prime staff! Was a wonderful episode! So many emotions in a single bot in so short time. :thumbs2:  If i were MEgatron, i would blast Starscream's afterburner long time ago but at least we know he is aware SS did thanks to Soundwave.
    After this episode I hope Miko's character changes a bit, she almost died and lost Bulkhead. A bit common sense inside her would be nice from now on.
    At least the humans are showing to be good and helpful comrades. ;) 

18. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Its rather funny to think about this. Prime's Megatron never killed Starscream in his return and never kill him in this episode. Yet in a much more lighter show, Animated Megatron already had Starscream dead.

Stryker055, does Prime need kids to be a hit with kids? Beast Wars was a hit and it had no humans following along on every mission. But I do hope this teaches her a lesson, Bulkhead could had been killed from her actions.

19. DarthP00P00

DarthP00P00 Autobot

I actually rather like this series. The humans don't bug me as much as I'd thought they would. Miko needs to be killed though, all this "IM COMMING TOO" crap. If Bulkhead had any ball bearings he'd punt her into the sun.

But one thing remains.

I.LOVE.THIS.STARSCREAM!!!

I.LOVE.THIS.ARCEE!!!

I think these are the best iterations of these characters I have probably ever seen.

20. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    One word: CHEETOR.

Every kids' show has a kid-appeal character, and frankly, I doubt Bumblebee can manage that in Prime, especially with as little screen time as he has.