Episode 19 - Rock Bottom Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Also, Bulkhead isn't as big as his TFA persona. He comes up to around Optimus's chest/shoulder.

2. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

Dang, Megatron's smiling @ Starscream's helpless cries was freaking scary, for some reason.

Seeing Primescream deliberate gives him the edge over AniScream who just plotted and planned recklessly

I wonder what Primescream would have done with the Allspark fragment inside his head?

3. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My new Signature say what I think.

4. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  5. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really liked this episode. Megatron shows why he is the leader of the Decepticons. Scary as hell, what with him dragging Starscream out to an abandoned mine to execute him. Loved how Starscreams voice got all high-pitched when he was panicked. I do have to agree with some of the comments about Raf and Bumblebee taking the place of Jack and Arcee.

While she was foolish in running into the cave, Miko probably saved everyones asses as they'd have still been outside when Megs and Screamer showed up. Hopefully we see the events of this episode have a lasting effect on her.

And one of my favourite things I read about this episode:
    :lol 

Megatron, Optimus and Skyquake are the biggest robots in the series thus far. Everyone else is shorter then them, with Ratchet, Bulkhead, Breakdown and Wheeljack being the next tallest.

6. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Anyone else think what happened to Starscream at the end brutal?

Also, I'm liking how they keep episode casts small to give each one more development. And that Arcee is Prime's answer to Bayverse BB.

7. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    What I wanna know is...did Miko and Jack make it to their rock concert?

8. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny but I kinda doubt it.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Half way through that I swore you were saying "did Miko and Jack make out?"

The HELL is wrong with me...

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You just read the question too fast, that's all.

11. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    But even then, when Bulkhead is crouched down under the weight of the rocks, Starscream REALLY needed to crouch down to be at his level. Not too much taller, but, let's say "head, maybe head and shoulders"-taller. Maybe it's just my eyes.

But then I keep seeing someone's sig with a picture of Starscream with the Autobots, and Starscream is barely taller than Bumblebee, and only up to Bulkhead's chest.

That ain't right, in my opinion. Starscream needs to be as tall, if not taller than Optimus Prime himself, if only to offset the skinniness.

Oh well. Didn't make or break the episode for me. It was still fantastic.

12. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

More likely he secretly enjoys watching underage cartoon characters express their physical love for each other.

Pervert.

13. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just finished watching Rock Bottom. I liked it. Wonder what Megatron will do with Starscream.

14. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved this episode, and I can't wait to see it play into the next. I also can't express how much I dig Megatron's look for this show.

15. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    They did an episode similar to this in GI Joe Renegades last week, can't help but wonder if it was intentional, or purely coincidental.

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    you owe me a new keyboard =P

17. AshesG

AshesG The worst seeker.

Still not liking these episodes that much.
    In Prime, it's like they only want to give focus on Jack, Miko, Bulkhead, and Arcee out of all the protagonists. And even though I like 2 out of those 4, it gets annoying seeing them over and over again knowing there could be/are just as or more interesting characters in the show.
    It seems like the writers are having favorites when doing there job which is a huge detriment.
    However, even though some have favorites, there are only a few that care about making sense, like the writer of Starscream for example: In this episode had a monologue about thinking twice about his action based on present and past events, displaying someone actually being clever, mindful, MAKING SENSE. Even though there have been flaws on both side, the most rest with the Autobots' side. It becomes tiresome seeing conveniences happen with them.
    *Darkness Rising Part 5: Arcee comes back to life just by Jack touching her palm
    *Scraplets: There's a commercial break where before, 3 Autobots are being helplessly consumed, but when the show returns, their fine and managed to advert the seemingly impossible-to-escape situation
    *Rock Bottom: Arcee, the smallest bot in the show with thin,spindly arms and a laser that, if shot, could cause the cave that she was in to collapse more.
    It seems the writers put the characters in near impossible situations and have just luck sort them out of it.
    Also, guns are shown to be useless again, Arcee doesn't kill Starsceam(killer of Cliffjumper) even though she was ready without any forethought to do it to Megatron when he was almost dead, guns are shown to be barely used and useless again, and the Energon that's scattered all over the planet is still not being found and researched by humans.
    I'm gonna keeping watching until the end of the season to choose whether or not I'll continue watching but it is I'm really close to falling off early.

18. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She wasn't dead, just heavily injured.

We have no evidence that any of the Autobots know with certainty that Starscream killed Cliffjumper.

19. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

More importantly, they needed him to hold up the ceiling so they could get the hell out of there.

20. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Given the events of the prequel comic, it would probably be assumed. And Arcee has plenty to be pissed at Screamer about, anyway; in the comic, he kind of ripped off her arm.

Arcee's laser didn't cause the cave to collapse. She knocked Megatron's cannon off-aim, and he shot the cave ceiling.