eOne Outlines Future Entertainment Plans For The Transformers Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ScientistMan, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the rebranding will count the movies, so hopefully a full reboot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

This is a very outdated opinion, honestly. Which is understandable that people wouldn't have kept up with the show in recent times, but also kind of crazy that people still say it's just objectively not good without having kept up on it.

The show is incredibly self-aware and accomplishes exactly what it sets out to do, and it's got some REAL deep cuts in terms of references. It's gotten MUCH better in recent years, and I'm sure it's totally still one of the "cool" things to hate on. But all that means is tons of people are missing out on one of the best cartoons of the generation because "it's cringe" or "it's not MY Teen Titans!"

To each their own though!

3. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least this isn't like Mattel, so I can expect around half of these project ideas to make it to a screen.

But I'm curious, is this why Cyberverse is getting a "season 4" ? With a live action movie for 2022, and the Netflix show being more niche, I guess there would be more of a need for content for the main demographic while Hasbro reorganizes and reinvents whatever they're reinventing.

4. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Soooo you say peoples opinion is outdated, only to then fully explain your own opinion to make that validated, to end with "each their own though"? o_O :rolleyes: 

Or people just downright didn't like it and stopped watching. Those who did like it still watch it.

If its not someones cup of thea, its not.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

It's moreso that just saying "It's not good" is extremely shortsighted and just...wrong. You can not like something, it can not be your cup of tea, but that doesn't necessarily make it bad! Try reading my post again! o_O :rolleyes: 

6. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So you can determin from sitting behind your keyboard that another person living somewhere on this planet is "just saying" things? Not based on watching it?

Thats some superpower you got there pal!

7. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Totally forgot about the SSSS.Gridman connection. Aight, I'll have more faith. XD

8. Galvacron 3

Galvacron 3 Well-Known Member

*stares lovingly at his Armada, Cybertron, and Prime DVDs*
    What he said. I've already amassed what TF shows I wanted to own, so you do you Hasbro.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  9. protohuman

protohuman Save the whales

Didn't G1 focus on comedy?

10. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. It HAD comedy, cause it was a kids cartoon, but it did not focus on it.

Robots in Disguise (2001) focused on comedy.

-ZacWilliam, other than some Botbot commercials and maybe the Angry Birds Transformers comic I don't know if any other TF media could be called "focused on it"

• Like Like x 3
  11. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Maybe the only way they can bring back TF:ANIMATED(*tm) is by having it a new spin on it/comedy. Hmmmm but I bet it will be cartoony.

12. BlaminisPrime

BlaminisPrime Nyon Denier

Twitter:
    Im not watchin a show where robin twerks his butt for an extended amount of time no matter how self aware it is

• Like Like x 3
  13. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Of course they made it for kids. It's a show promoting a toyline. Why would Hasbro let the media licensee ignore their target audience? Whatever the genre, be it action, comedy or a mix, it needs to be a well-written kid show, like Beast Wars was. Solid storytelling for the kids with more sophisticated elements for older fans. Or Rescue Bots. Straightforward, fun stories with well-crafted characters and a touch of humor.

What we don't need is the grim, dark, devoid of fun "mature" that Siege embodies. The world is grim enough. Let the toy robot show be an escape. We need that as much as the kids do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OptimusPrime10

OptimusPrime10 Well-Known Member

Well, when only kids get jobs and obsessively collect every single toy in a line, we can make stuff just for them. Even then, having a show with enough adult themes to draw parents in as fans also is good business and will help turn some of those kid's pleas for toys in the aisle into sales. I don't disagree Siege is too dark for some, but it's war not happy fun-time either. They'll find the balance, the MCU can be serious and fun at the same time, there's hope, I'm just trying to remind people why some of us don't support Cyberverse, disliked RiD, and still sit here beating the G1 drum. The comics are solid, they just need to animate them as a tentpole for the brand for all the other iterations to branch from.

15. KFGatri

Ebay:
    The comics are terrible, and have been since G1 issue 80. (Dreamwave's Armada series being the exception to that.) They need to get away from constantly rehashing G1 because nothing, not the comics, not the Machinima series, and certainly not the Netflix series has managed to recapture the fun of the original. And that's all down to trying to be "mature". Rather than going for mature as in engaging and well-written, TF writers shoot for "mature" as in shocking, dark, depressing.

Transformers has always, always been primarily for kids. Kids are still the primary market, and we adults secondary. Sure, we're probably the main ones buying the titans, but the Voyager, Deluxe and smaller? That's the big selling pricepoints, and aimed squarely at kids.

"Mature themes" generally result in crap writing in TFs. Give me solid characterization, good story, and a good blend of drama and fun. Beast Wars is the best we've ever gotten in that regard, and would be the ideal guide for quality storytelling. Or Rescue Bots. Meant for kids but the stories were engaging, the characters well-crafted and it had the perfect balance between the Transformers and their human allies. Plenty of humor, but also with real stakes on occasion. Doctor Mococco was one of the best villains we've gotten, and could have transitioned to the more "serious" Prime with little change needed. The show didn't need "mature themes"; didn't need shock value. It was just well-written and fun. The characters and character interaction felt genuine. I dare say Rescue Bots is the best TF series we've gotten since Animated. Maybe even since Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 2
  16. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

The idw comics are considered the best thing about the franchise to most fans.You are a gewunner who thinks g1 cartoon is the best.

• Like Like x 1
  17. KFGatri

Ebay:
    Wow. Knee jerk reaction much? You clearly didn't read beyond the first sentence. And I didn't even single out IDW, despite the temptation to do so.

18. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Who are "most fans"? Because you're just as likely to run into outright hatred of the IDW comics as you are to find a fan of them.

• Like Like x 2
  19. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

The comics are praised the mostly in transformers videos I see and other parts of the fandom such as reddit and so on.Mtmte and lost light are beloved even outside the fandom.

• Like Like x 1
  20. KFGatri

Ebay:
    IDW is a rather divisive topic. People either love what they've done with the franchise or hate it. Trust me, there are plenty of people who don't like it. Go on A.T.T. and talk it up to Zobovor - you'll see exactly what I mean. He loves it about as much as I do - probably less, as he is basically a Sunbow first guy.

I myself was moderately on the dislike side until I kept getting attacked by its most fervent fans. I generally stay out of the comics section as I don't have much positive to say, but I did complain about the influence the comics were having on the toys around the T30 period and with CW Magnus. The reactions I got pushed me into to "loathe IDW" contingent. Being called a GEEWUNNER in response to a post in which I spent most of the time praising Rescue Bots is a prime example of such reactions.

IDW's most ... outspoken fans are probably the worst ambassadors for the franchise.

• Like Like x 1