eOne Outlines Future Entertainment Plans For The Transformers Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ScientistMan, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Aleph0Prime

Aleph0Prime New Member

does anybody know, is this gonna follow up the rumors saying Prowl gets a new backstory? Smth more like TF Animated? (pls?) Anyway my momey\'s on a new show off of mtmte. Love to see it!

ok i'll be real, mtmte/ll animated is a long shot but i gotta dream

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2020
  2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    TTG has some deep cuts in terms of references. Anyone not wanting TTG style comedy haven't give. TTG a chance.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Grimusaur

Grimusaur Queero Supremo

Twitter:
    A new anime series would be nice but not gonna hold my breath on that one since I think Hasbro still has a weird grudge with Takara over their handling of Cybertron/Galaxy Force? Barring that, A mainline show that takes itself seriously enough while still being aimed at kids is all I really ask for. As much as I liked RiD and Cyberverse for what they were I really miss the tone of shows like Animated and Prime. (Plus the younger target-audience ensures we never get any toys of the characters at the same quality as Generations anymore, which sucked especially for RiD which had so many cool designs)

• Like Like x 4
  4. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Hmmm, it sorta makes me wonder if they could handle in a family-friendly take of a Venture Brothers-esque style. Or something akin to Megas XLR.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

Which RID?

7. KFGatri

Ebay:
    I thought it was a response to The Orville. Is there really a lot of awareness of IDW's work outside of the fandom?

8. KFGatri

Ebay:
    The 2001 series, of course. Why would there be an anniversary celebration for `15 at this stage?

• Like Like x 1
  9. KFGatri

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Would people please just let that trainwreck concept die already?

• Like Like x 2
  10. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Hmmm, a O.R.I.D themed mini-series would be interesting. Disney might have rights to the dub, but not their characters, so that could be a good way to dip their toes on that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page before I wholeheartedly agreed!

They can always do a redub.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KFGatri

Ebay:
    Only if they get Peter Spellos to reprise his role as Sky-Byte. The other characters there's a little wiggle room, but having the original voice for RiD's breakout character would be essential.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's basic premise perhaps, but it's clearly more inspired by Rick & Morty, by way of the Chinese knock off toy aisle in Big Lots.
    Blueopt1-1-.jpg

For as much as Goldner has visions of being a 1930s Hollywood studio boss instead of CEO of a toy company, his media is usually closer to the Big Lots KO formula because he doesn't actually want to spend money to do anything right. Starting with the Jem movie to hiring the cheapest VOs possible for their first Netflix Transformers show. The man is literally a living Ebeneezer Scrooge meme, arguing over the price of a single lump of coal. Primus help us if he ever discovers the English dub for Head Masters, or that will be his new high bar for the quality of Transformers media. eOne has really only had experience with the preschool 3 to 5 age demo for thier shows. Between the two, we'll be lucky to even get the most basic of CalArts quality shows.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BlaminisPrime

BlaminisPrime Nyon Denier

Twitter:
    Teen Titans Go! But its the transformers

• Like Like x 3
  15. KFGatri

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

HARD pass if that's the case.

• Like Like x 7
  16. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Has likely offended u. Sorry!

This.

TF fans don't have a broad enuf sense of humor to enjoy a TF comedy. Mark my words: there will b bitching as soon as someone mocks Optimus in any way. :rolleyes2 

• Like Like x 1
  17. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, more than likely, the bitching will happen when a female character gets made fun of. Always happens.

• Like Like x 1
  18. KFGatri

Ebay:
    RiD was a comedic take on TFs, and it's one of my favorite series. I'm all for comedy, just not idiotic comedy like TTG. Heck, back when I was going to Botcon the MSTF panel was the highlight for me.

Of course, my preference would be for Airplane/Naked Gun/Top Secret style humor.

The key thing is that it actually be funny.

• Like Like x 3
  19. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I feel like a lot of the older cartoons, even G1, have enough comedy without being an outright comedy show. The reason I like the G1 cartoon so much despite not actually growing up with it is because the characters feel like real people. Even though there are plenty of them who barely ever show up and when they do, they have nothing to contribute, you get scenes like the Autobots sitting around drinking and laughing with one another, or some of the human interactions which were actually meaningful (because I still maintain the best human characters in Transformers were in G1).

RID 2015 has a bit of that spirit from G1 but it's not quite there, and most of the cartoons in general are very lacking in that department (though the Japanese-made shows I can forgive because they're basically going for a super robot anime style instead).

But that's how I want the comedy done - not forced into bite-sized chunks that make you want to drink bleach, like some of the recent garbage we've seen from companies such as Cartoon Network, and without an art style that makes me want to claw my eyes out.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I maintain that who ever wrote Hoist Goes to Hollywood is a time traveller and made the Bay-verse transformers movie satire 20 odd years earlier.

I know what we'll get is the TeenTitans Go/ThunderCats roar/MLP lol so random humor beacuse that's popular. But really If they just made 10 min long Dr Smoov edits of G1 I'd be happy. Maybe spend a little extra and go down the path of SeaLab 2021 etc but I have a feeling if that was ever going to happen it'd be a fan project.

• Like Like x 1