eOne Outlines Future Entertainment Plans For The Transformers Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ScientistMan, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev TonTon: Revealing All Kingdom Figures Tomorrow!

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    I personally use the meme generator, keeps my house running also during the winter

• Like Like x 2
  2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trigger's directors etc are huge transformers fans and produce some amazing fan art. Going a step further if you ever watch Gridman you'll notice every character is a transformers homage. Mostly from Shattered glass but also the movie Dinobots G1 Megs and even the MegaEmpress team had a nod at one point. So with that in mind a lot of people see them as being safe hands to put the IP into.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A comedy Transformers show isn't the first thing that comes to mind, but with the right script, it could work. I wonder if they will use previous established characters, or make new ones...

I don't need to cry with laugher from a comedy show; a few chuckles or something I find entertaining will do. I just hope it's something that everyone can enjoy, and not be targeted to one specific demographic.

Also, making a follow up to Cyberverse will be a challenge. Although Season 1 was initially slow, it ended up being a very surprising TV show over the course of three seasons, and it makes me hope that its successor follows the momentum. My only hope is that each episode is 22 minutes, rather than 11, as pacing was the only issue I had with the show.

I look forward to seeing eOne's new iteration of Transformers, and I shall remain optimistic and wait to see what they bring to the franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    I pray it IS like Teen Titans GO. Nothing wrong with hilarious meta referencing paired with fart jokes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. the master builders

the master builders Member

if this is gonna be like teen titans go like that pizza episode with tmnt i have no idea how to make that into transformers with the tmnt thing same with the pizza and would prime be like i dont know like a cooky nut job smashing the teams heads with a gun or something? i just hope this wont be a really goofy cartoon

6. Chromecannon

Chromecannon Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the comedy can be enjoyed by adults but isn't targeted at adults. Like, kids should be able to enjoy it, and I don't want a show aimed purely at making in-jokes with adult fans. Or, I dunno, Transformers: Fleabag.

Something like Phineas and Ferb, I guess.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Let me guess, Drift reformatted as an allegiance ambiguous Transformer as Hasbro’s Transformers version of Deadpool

• Like Like x 1
  8. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As long as the humor isn’t acting like children/the audience are idiots (like most shows now do) I’m actually pretty interested in a comedy.

Sounds nice after the try hard siege series that tried to be edgy but failed at actual being a mature show. That one turned into an unintentional comedy.

(Also yeah, If it is like teen titans go, won’t even bother watching it. That show is one of the most annoying pieces of media I’ve seen)

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I appreciate everyone having ideas and hopes that any of this will be good.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Riddler87

Riddler87 Everything's a puzzle

Everyone seems to be really focusing in on the comedy show meanwhile, I more wondering what this "brand makeover" could entail.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'd be shocked if the comedy show wasn't at all Botbots since the premise of that line is pretty freaking hilarious and ripe for many funny moments if done right. It'd be a good way to expose Botbots in other media other then the toys.

12. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

Aligned 2.0, here we come!

• Like Like x 2
  13. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let us pray the comedy focus show isnt a G1 reboot done in style of Teen titans go or thundercats roar.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

For the love of Primus, no more shows or movies centered on Bumblebee and Windblade.
    Seriously, I completely understand why Waspinator goes bat shit crazy just at the mention of Bumblebots name.
    As for Windblade, she's suffered the Arcee Syndrome, being waaaaayyyyyyy overused.
    Maybe someone should remind Hasbro they have hundreds of other, far more interesting, Transformers they can give the spotlight to. There's the rest of the Autobot Ark Crew (Prowl, Jazz, Ratchet, Red Alert, Swipe, Sunny, Hide, CJ, Mirage, etc), plenty more Cons, Mercenaries, Neutrals.

15. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transtech! ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  16. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leys hope the new show has a real run time of 22min.

I Hope so. It was never ok that it never came to be.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    It’s sad reading all the good ideas for a TF comedy, knowing fully well it probably won’t be anything like them.

Comon, Thundercracker comedy about him struggling to get his scripts made into movies, with each script acting as a cutaway parody of another TF continuity. Half sitcom, half sketch show.

18. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    While I agree that Teen Titans Go does a lot of solely kid-targeted jokes, I can’t deny that the show can be fairly enjoyable when it’s satirizing something. Most of the show’s bits that make fun of itself, fans of the original show, or DC as a whole tend to prompt at least a chuckle from me.

I’ll keep my expectations low but I’m willing to give a Transformers comedy a chance.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I’d really just like another good normal Transformers show before we start branching out into genres.

I mean we’re at, what, three or four out of nineteen (twenty if you count the movies as a series) TF shows that are actually good? Five if you count Prime? We seriously need to bump that average.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Vangie

Vangie Active Member

A more comedy centric Transformers show could work really well in the right hands, the concept of Transformers is inherently ridiculous after all.

• Like Like x 1