Energon UM- opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Jul 27, 2010.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was reading up on Ultra Magnus at TFwiki, then TFU.info looking at the Energon release of him.

His robot mode has an interesting look, though i am digging his alt more. add to it that by combining with other figures, he has a PM Prime vibe going. i like that feature.
    The wiki said he was released in the U.S. in limited numbers but Europe got tons of him. but a few trips to eBay and the Junkion should tell me of his availability.

am interested in him, but before i start bidding on him, was wondering from someone who owns it just how good or bad it is.
    QC, paint, playability. how does it look in-hand. best idea for displaying him.

i do hope that it's a better figure than that Armada Optimus Prime

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Armada Overload repaint ? Yeh it's nice bricky robot. The Mini-Con's quite cool aswell and the combined mode is decent as a huge set of guns :lol 

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he was a shelf warmer in the UK so I got him quite cheap (rather ironic given his rarity in the US and how the UK is often a shelf warmer dumping ground)

As a toy He's cool about the same level of play as your typical G1 toy that came out towards the end.

the combo with super pants prime however is awesome I've got UM with the repaints of prime and jetfire and its rather cool looking even if all it can do is stand up

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    when you got guns that size, I don't think you need to move much =P

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Personally I don't ever remember him shelfwarming in the UK and only ever saw him at Woolworths. But I had Overload already so I skipped him.
    But going by Overload he's one of my favourite figures. I love the Headmasterish thing of his Minicon combination, and he's a nice solid figure. All the combinations add play value and the gun platform mode is just a nice fan mode extra. And of course there was that old-skool transforming sound when you plugged his head on.
    Damn, now I'm really tempted to hit up my TF storage again and bring out Armada Optimus, Jetfire and Overload for mega combinationing.

6. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotta love big 'effin guns !

[​IMG]

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    It's a nice deco and yes in the US it was rare. It was only in the first wave of Energon Ultras and not all areas got it. In fact I think it's the only Energon figure I never saw in store.

8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Great figure, cost is a bit high on him thou. I like the magna convoy release or the costco release the best.