1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Energon Megatron quick question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by frenzyrumble, Aug 16, 2008.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I remember reading there were 2 sizes of this figure, one larger than the other. What is the name/description of the larger of the 2?

(also if you have one for sale, PM me)

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    The larger one is the leader class Energon Megatron. The smaller verison was a two-pack with Energon Optimus Prime (this was voyager sized). Hope that helps you out, bro. What custom do you plan on doing with it, if you don't me asking?

I had one of each left not long ago, but JAF picked them both up from me through that old sale thread of mine.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I'm actually doing a G1 style Galvatron....but with some modifications so he suits up size-wise with the MP line.

Thanks for the info. Just to be certain...are there color differences between the 2? I have this figure, but used the head lol...so I need to grab another one.

4. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The bigger one is an ultra class figure that was available in the states as a single pack. The smaller one was only available in the states in a multipack with a powerlinx prime. Hope that helps.

5. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    The only real color differences are the shoulder cannons being a darker "clear" green than the smaller version, as well as the landing gear on the legs (and some slight lighter colors to the orange on the legs). I believe the heads were painted a different color (just a lighter shade on the smaller one and some of the plastic was molded in a lighter shade). Overall, they look pretty damn similar. (I used the Voyager version for my Galvatron custom, for reference).

Here ya go:

Energon Megatron [Leader]

Energon Megatron [Voyager]

Can't wait to see what you do, man.

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    awesome. i just wanted to make sure, the pics definitely clarify the issue.

thanks!

7. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Anytime, man. Check the sale forum here and good luck with it.

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I already snagged one on ebay for $20...
    like I mentioned, I have the headless one here, so I am going to mod up the legs and waist to give him about 2 more inches in height. The mods won't effect the alt mode (canon) either.

9. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Sounds cool, Mike. It will be cool to see how the mods work out (that figure could definitely benefit from it).