Encounters with jackasses/trolls in online WFC/FOC play

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Eman7673, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

Heres one particularly infuriating experience that happened earlier this evening while playing deathmatch in FOC on the 360. During one game where I was running roughshod on the other team as a destroyer (I only play destroyer and titan, but am better as a destroyer) which is usually a typical game for me. Friend me on XBL (Eman7673) and see my stats for yourself. Anyways, some prick who played as an extremely annoying, flashbang abusing, air-dashing-all-over infiltrator who I kept crushing over and over messages me and says "bet you can't do that without the destroyer." I reply "I'm still better then you, anyways I'm switching to titan now."

I haven't played FOC online in about 2 months and I was still getting acclimated to online play again, especially as a titan. I played as a titan the next match and this talentless jerkoff hung around his teammates the whole time and infuriatingly blinded me and dashed circles around me and killed me in a one on one battle while I missed him repeatedly with my energon harvester... which got my blood boiling (I have since switched to the technovolt which is my preferred secondary titan weapon now). I still finished 9 kills and 5 deaths or something like that, which is always a shitty game by my standards. He then messages me again and says "ur trash go back to your destroyer."

At this point I wouldn't stop at anything to kill this fucking guy, so I stayed as a titan to prove my point and he abruptly left the game. So the prick comes back in a later game while I am still a titan (the match he jumped into I finished 17 kills and 5 deaths). I stick with titan one more time while this jerkoff switches to scientist, and pulls the typical sentry+high point on the map-camping+retreating bullshit that all scientists use, and goes an incredibly lucky 15-1, and since my team blows, I go 6-7 because his whole team prowled around together the whole time which added to one of my worst games in recent memory.

He then sends me a fucking voicemail which I deleted on the spot, reported him to microsoft for trash talking and avoided him as a player. Trust me when I say this guy was shit at the game, when he was jumping around like a jerkoff as a scout I was repeatedly embarrassing him. Guess this is how morons on XBL act these days.... no wonder why I barely play online for any games anymore. Anyone else have similar stories?

2. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I once beat a guy so bad in Midnight Club Los Angeles before and Black Ops. Im one of the best multipkayer people around. I just ignore em. The trick is to not get angry at all. Channel that aggresion and you'll be kicking ass in no time.

3. lordtigerhawk

lordtigerhawk Well-Known Member

I understand where your coming from mate. That is why I never play Deathmatch just Escalation. The few times I do go into deathmatch folks are jerks. :mad 

4. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    To be honest, I've never gotten any jerk messages while playing FOC/WFC, however in terms of people's ridiculous play styles, like you mentioned is extremely irking. I play mostly Halo, but having acquired all 1250G from Halo 4, I figure I'd try some FOC achievement hunting and wanted to play a few games of multiplayer to reintroduce myself to the feel. Needless to say, Halo players and their "Gandi hopping" is something that bugs me unconditionally. I jump on FOC for the first time in several months this morning, first game I play; you guessed it! Nothing but "Gandi hoppers" I shook my head and wondered what has become of this world.
    And then my 2nd game in, I'm doing good and the electricity goes out. Great! Lol

5. lordtigerhawk

lordtigerhawk Well-Known Member

One of the other things I have noticed when playing Deathmatch or may of the Bang bang shoot them up Video games is that a lot of players do jump around. When was the last time you saw folks jump around in a live firefight or in the movies. You find cover hunker your ass down and slug it out with the bad guy. You send in a team to try and flank them or draw them out. Hell I can't even remember the last time I saw some one do a Clear and Sweep (outside of myself).

6. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's typically my thoughts on it. And don't get me started on no-scoping/quick-scoping. That is not sniping. I have yet to hear any of my friends in the military talk about the time their buddy left his perch to run straight at the enemy jumping up and down like an idiot, emptying clip after clip in his sniper rifle trying to kill someone. Granted FOC seems to have that under control (from campaign gameplay I've experienced), as I wouldn't see how one would no/quick-scope with the sniper, unless they were modding, obviously.
    What ever happened to strategy and plan. I hear a lot of shooter game designers talking about making things less "arena" oriented, yet I still fail to see where they succeed. GOW seems to be the only one to get the whole strategy thing down pack. Although I don't care for playing the GOW games online because I suck at them, I still have to respect that there is a lot of strategy involved in online play.

7. megatron prime1

megatron prime1 Well-Known Member

one time me and a frend were playing useing micks any way this one guy sent me a massage saying can u 2 pleaze trun ur micks off and call each other kind hared when if i call him we have 2 pay sens he does not have the same phone compny i told my frend and he fliped on this guy next day the guy sead sorry

8. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Was the grammar here intentional? If not, can someone point me to the appropriate Google Translator.

9. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I think the worst I ever dealt with was a group of two on Spark Hunter who were scientists who sniped and only sniped.

Then the cheater appeared. What happened to the days when no one cheated online and only stuck to cheesy-ass classes?

10. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I've not really come across any who's infuriated me online in these games, beyond people just being useless/unhelpful by camping in stupid spots and things. I think we have it better on PSN 'cause fewer people have mics, so you're less likely to come across trash-talking 13 year-old internet hardmen.

This does remind me of one time on the only Call of Duty game I ever owned, where some moron was playing awful rap music off of tinny mobile phone speakers into his mic, and inficting it on everyone else...

11. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I haven't found someone that sends messages like that in FOC yet but if I did I would of invited him to a private match saying if you think your better then fight me in a private match.

12. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The 3 most annoying things I can think of are people who never shut up (especially when its not game related), music into the speakers, and echos from their game audio.

I'm on PS3 so luckily these things are a minimum in FoC, but without mute they become annoying very fast.

My only solution is to turn on my own bluetooth ear piece... and place it right by my speaker. Sorry to anyone who has had to endure that as a bystander. I only do it when provoked.

13. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've not had any issue when I was playing...though it's hard to get trolled when the game has no voicechat or any other sort of communication feature. Though there's plenty that just play like jerks I guess.

14. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    yeah i hear you..

the team annoyingly banding together is the worst. some of them i even think are in clans and them getting together was pre-planned. if it was WFC, i would've smashed and creamed all of them many times over with the Leader class without breaking a sweat and would be laughing at the pathetic strategy all the way through.

this is one of the reasons i got turned off with this game.

15. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Should've shown him some of that old fashioned roid rage.

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

When Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (Vanilla and Ultimate) dropped for the PS3, I got a lot of hate mail and mic insults after ranked matches. I've been called a lot of things: from "cheap" to "******." I've also encountered quite a few ragequitters. My PSN block list is bloated as a result.

I also don't use a mic. I have the opposing mic on mute as well since I'll typically encounter a player that sounds like he has a chunk of shit in his mouth. It's either that or the sounds of MAS stick buttons getting mashed.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I've posted this in another thread, but I do enjoy telling it so. I laughed so hard that night...

:D  I'm such an asshole.

18. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't play much online anymore, but I do have one semi-amusing encounter from the FoC launch week.

I was playing TDM. The lobby was about half full as usual around that time of day but nearly everyone left immediately, leaving me alone against some random kid. Fair enough, I thought and decided to stay.
    I was playing as a Titan with the Scrapmaker and Energon Harvester and he was playing as a Scientist and frankly, he sucked. That's not me trying to be an elitist asshole or anything, I'm no amazing player myself, decent or good at best. I quickly found an easily defended spot and held it. Meanwhile, he'd fly in and just stay perfectly still in one spot while firing at me (at least that's what I think he was trying to do). No attempts at strafing or anything, nor would he retreat when his health got low. So you can see where this is going, the match did not go in his favour.

So this went on for a while. He just kept on charging me with the same tactics from the same direction over and over again. After a while a third person joined the game and was sorted into my team. He picked Scientist and proceeded to back me up with the healing ability.

After another couple of minutes of killing the poor sod in the opposite team, I get a message saying:

"fkn chetur get ban"

Now, this being the first time I was being accused of being a cheater, I decided to play along with the guy for a bit. So I messaged him back apologising if he was having a bad time and also asking why he was accusing me of using cheats. And the response was, again:

"u kno, fkn chetur u get ban!!!"

This went back and forth for a bit. I kept my cool and apologised yet again in the event that he was having a bad time while attempting to explain that it isn't that surprising that he's having difficulties when up against a Titan + Scientist team on his own and that it was simply bad luck with the matchmaking system. His response?

"whatvr fkn chetur ul se u get ban!!!"

I then proceeded to report him to Microsoft for bad conduct and blocked him after we proceeded to win the game with 20 - 1 (he killed me once while I was typing).:D 

19. simonlaw16

simonlaw16 aerialbot

haha....
    i love killing kids

20. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

There are so many reasons why in this thread I barely play multiplayer anymore, so many idiots and outright cheaters, and they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.