Encore Minibots confirm.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraq, Feb 16, 2008.

1. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Consider me one of the few who is actually upset by this news. I preordered not only to get the cartoon face BB, but also for the other minibots I missed out on as a kid. I have NO desire to own these weak repaints. I didn't like them back in 86, and I still don't now. :mad  Those previous photos (that got me to order) were false advertising.

2. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

That would actually be pretty neat.

Overall, this set it a disappointment for those who missed out on Powerglide, Warpath, Gears, Cosmos and Huffer.

As I already have the TFC set, I would have scooped up this set if it had Brawn, Windcharger, Beachcomber, Seaspray, Cliffjumper and one minibot from the '86 ones - preferably Pipes (who is cool because of what they did with the Huffer mold). Or that Goldbug idea.

As it stands though, it's kinda WTF IMO

3. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Same here. I pre-ordered the set thinking I was getting Bumblebee, Warpath, Cosmos, Powerglide and Huffer. I have no interest whatsover for these repaint except BB, so I'm basically paying 30$ for Bumblebee alone ...

4. Eitheta

Eitheta Well-Known Member

I'm kinda glad to see this. I have all the vintage minibots from 84 and 85, but from 86 I only have Outback and Wheelie. And I've been wanting to get the anime Bumblebee without a whole extra set of minibots I already own.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty uninspiring lineup if you ask me, I would have much rather seen a repackaged TFC set, that or better mold choices at the very lest.

6. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :)  :)  Any new reissue gets my vote. With that, I'm all happy with this set since I got the TFC already. Although, I wish they replace BB with either Goldbug or Seaspray or any new minibots. But then again, no sense of complaining since 4 out of 5 is a new reissue.

7. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I read over on Tfans that they got word from ACToys that the set is still supposed to include Bumblebee, Powerglide, Huffer,Warpath and Cosmos. Doesn anyone know what is going on???

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=9038

8. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Great news IMO, as an owner of the previous mini-bot reissue set.

Hopefully this set includes Outback's gun, otherwise I may cancel my preorder.

They're more remolds than repaints though.

-airfox

9. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    It's good to see the little guys come out again but I can't see myself buying them since the newer ones are so cooler now. I appreciate the homage and the re-release of these cool little guys but I repectivly pass.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Look at the picture. They typed the wrong names.

11. betetta

betetta guitar face

cool, finally gonna get a pipes with some chrome remaining on the arms and outback's gun.

now i only have to get hubcap.

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I don't see why Takara can't release both sets, in all honesty. Then again, they can't win with this fandom either. They reissue the most popular figures over and over and people complain that it's an uninspiring move and are bored. Then they put these new guys out there and people complain that it's not who they wanted and that it's a bit overpriced to import (i.e. Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx---which by the way are STILL way cheaper than buying the original figures in used, non-working condition).

I'm not a fan of the bait and switch tactics either, but I'll take this new set simply because these are hard to find figures in mint condition, which is what I've been looking for for a long time. The '86 minibots go for way too high a price on Ebay MOC and it's hard to justify shelling out for such little figures.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I agree totally. If they were to release another set with the 84 versions of these guys plus Cliffjumper. I'd be statisfied.

14. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Yea, I know. I was just sort of hoping the words were right and the pic was wrong. I like Pipes, swerve and the rest of the 86 bots, its just that I still don't have the first set.

15. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trying to buy these used on auction sites for around the same price would be a bad move. Just get them new and save the hassle. Too bad the key chain versions are shown, but we'll wait and see what the final products will be.

16. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Yes I already own the TFC version and pre-ordered expecting the same figures. Am very happy to find out they are different. Sucks for you guys who haven't gotten the TFC version yet. Its only going up in price.

On a side note, I would have loved if they could just release a mega minibot set, including all the minibots every released. Imagine how well that would sell. As well as the cool packaging. I have seen some fan versions of this and it looks awesome. Like this 2 box set:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's pretty sweet right there...Glad to know there will be different bots to add to the collection than in the previous TFC release.