Encore Metroplex vs Henkei Prime + D.I.A. Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grimlock1972, Aug 18, 2010.

?

Which do you reccomend?

Poll closed Aug 31, 2010.
  1. Encore G1 Metroplex

38.3%
  2. Henkei Prime and D.I.A. Commander

61.7%
  1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    okay my fellow collectors i am at a bit of a quandary here, I shall be in a couple weeks or so be getting some money as an early birthday gift and I intend to use it on some transformers and i doubt I will have enough for both items listed so I would like opinions and thoughts on which you recommend i purchase.

I do not have any form of either option.

Both would be purchased from BBTS.

2. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recommended Metroplex, as I'm a G1 collector first and foremost and it's a great toy. Having said that, Henkei Optimus is also fantastic, and will undoubtedly win the poll as the majority currently favour modern stuff.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Tough call. I couldn't vote, cause I have had my original Metroplex since I was a kid, and so it isn't that special to me. Only got the DIA Commander about 6 months ago, and while I think it is great, it is definately the weakest of the mold IMO. They are both great figures that I am happy to have in my collection, but I would just go with your gut, and also look at which one is the best value right now. If you arn't a "need it now" kind of person, I would POL one of them (especially if one is on sale), and save up for the other and save on some of the shipping. Love me the POL.

4. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd get the Commander. Really, metroplex is not all that cool if you ask me.

5. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Metroplex has more added values that Prime

6. UKBrawn

UKBrawn Intergalactic Tin Opener

Metroplex is one of my favourite TFs ever,
    I dont like to say it loud but I think Classics Prime is a bit... meh..

7. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I chose Metroplex.... but the question is: Do you like Legend class figures?
    With Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and Goldbug coming, Metroplex will be the perfect size for these figures.

If you like your Voyager class and larger figures the Commander figures are great to fit in that larger CHUG line-up.

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Convoy+DIA.

I bought Encore Metroplex a few months ago and I regret it, that toy is pretty boring. Looks like a walking toaster.

9. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I'd say get Metroplex and Henkei Prime. DIA Commander is just an oddity, a fanwank to Diaclone lovers. Nothing bad about that, but I'm a TF collector first and foremost, so I will rather go for genuine TF characters.

10. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Not even close from my perspective, Henkei Prime Rules by himself, and DIA is my favorite of the upgrade kits (i'm sorry i traded mine when I got city commander).

11. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Metroplex - More playing value and the guy is awesome!

12. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime and Armor. As cool as Metroplex is, he can't compete with Prime with a BFG.

13. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It all depends on what you're looking for: Metroplex is great if you want nostalgia and vintage feelings while Prime with DIA armor is way better if you want something that looks cool with great and up to date engineering allowing both modes to have good proportions and articulations.

I voted for Prime because that's what I would buy but that's because I buy figures for what they objectively are, not for some nostalgia reasons I mean: I do like G1 designs but there's no way I'll ever buy a TF with something like 2 POA so the only G1 toys I buy are MP... Ask yourself what you really want, an awesome up to date figure or an awesome toy from the past.

To be completely honest, I would buy Prime but with FP G3 trailer instead of DIA armor. :p 

14. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, you can get Metroplex in the Junkion for 50 bucks so i'd probably buy him first lol.

If not, i'd get the DIA upgrade set and a Junker/incomplete Classics Prime. Why buy a Henkei Prime if its just going to be hidden anyway? I freed my Henkei Prime from that armor because I found a 20 dollar replacement:thumbs2: .

15. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Hmmm.

The DIA kit is quite nice, as is henkei prime, but I'd personally go for metroplex.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Thanks all for your opinions and keep them comming.

17. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Yeah, to clarify, I also voted for what I would buy. If you clearly like one of those lines better than the other (G1 and classics), then its a pretty easy choice, just buy the toy you like more.

18. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to go with Metroplex, because he's a near perfect representation of one of my favorite G1 toys. DIA is nice, and Henkei Prime is great (I have those as well), but probably not worth spending almost twice what you'd spend to get Metroplex.

19. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are they that close in price? I thought Encore Metroplex was pretty cheap. I feel like Henkei Prime and the DIA Commander have a great likelihood to appreciate in the near future than Metrolplex would. So if it's going to be a while before you get a significant amount of money I would say get Prime and DIA Commander first.

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh...neither of the above? I don't understand the appeal of putting Prime in Magnus armor, and Metroplex is...ok, I guess.