Encore Meister released?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by e3nine, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you. I got to get around picking him up though. I never bothered with the collection version because of how crappy I heard it was.

2. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Didn't Ehobby say he was supposed to include Condor/Laserbeak too? I guess not anymore?

3. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that was a false rumour, the website had info on laserbeak (from the soundwave set) next to the jazz info and people got the wrong idea although it was enough to have people putting 2+2 together to make 5 for a while.

4. microclone

News Credits:
    im lucky enough to have a great contact in japan who will be sending me a couple of these over, nice to get them at retail prices!

jazz is immensly popular and his various reissues are very welcome. the collection version was horrible though, thats easily the weakest reissue of the lot, by comparison the others are very well put together. the takara collection was bad enough with the hideous face, loose arms and ill fit car parts. the hasbro version fixed the hood issue but gave us the awful weapons instead. now thankfully we get a more dubugged piece, with tampoed stickers and a new visor colour, i still prefer the wider gen1 silver foot tabs over this gen2 version, the box of course is what will draw many to this particular version.

this reissue means that i can stop fiddling around with my diaclone version which i really need to keep as mint as possible.

5. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

Isn't his face supposed to be molded different or something? Does anybody have a link or pic of that?

6. microclone

News Credits:
    im not sure i understand this reply KA, you saying the G1 box has been used in a reissue before??

7. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, Ditto on the request for Head review. I have goofy-headed Jazz.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there were reissues in early 2000s predating the TFC series. they even made a gold jazz in the box.

9. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Aside from that, there are all the previous Encore releases, of course, and a couple of Hasbro's reissues were boxed in a G1 style before they switched to something closer to Takara's book style (see Rodimus Major).

10. microclone

News Credits:
    for sure, i was referring specifically to the jazz g1 box.

11. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the ehobby gold jazz came in a G1 type box but didnt have Jazz box art.............removes oar :) 

12. microclone

News Credits:
    yes, you are right, a pity they used the awful smeared lipstick head mould though.

here he is although of course this is a generic box for autobot reissues:

http://www.tfu.info/2002/Cybertron/Jazz/boxed.jpg

13. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Maybe they'll sink some money into producing a mold and do Wheeljack or Sunstreaker, even though KO's are coming out soon. That would totally kick the KO makers in the balls. Hmmmmm? Pay 60-80 for a KO or pay 30-40 for a TakTomy reissue? No-brainer.

14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Credit where credit is due, Hasbro didn't haveto reissue, sure itwasthe worst reissue version but for someone who didn't own Jazz before it was a good deal (i got mine for £10 and he was a steal considering how i always wanted one)

This one looksfantastic, i'm ever so tempted to get one but if i do it'll be staying in box.

15. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    agreed Hastkomy have some delusion that because there are kos reissues won't sell, the only reason KOS exist is because reissues don't.

16. Master Sing

Master Sing G1 OG

Agreed! Agreed!

17. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

dont say KO!

they'll hear you....... :( 

18. microclone

News Credits:

i remember they were on sale in toys r us UK for 4.99 pounds each around 2004 ish, there was a stack of them but i didnt bother as i just knew they were really weak, little did i expect them, to start fetching $40-60 on ebay a couple of years later! im really hoping that the moulds have been tweaked. the prowl reissue by comparison is awesome, it just 'feels' right.

19. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i never even saw a reissue jazz on shelves back when hasbro reissued them and i have been trying to get one for years since.

so glad i preordered this guy!

20. microclone

News Credits:
    im not sure if that rumour is really from takaras mouth. ive heard the whole 'takara wont do devastator because of the $4 KO's', im really not convinced by that one, the products are not equivalent, one is a piece of shit they sell in walgreens/elsewhere worldwide, a bona fide reissue would be a quality piece in nice packaging aimed at the adult collector market? in japan.

im just not sure there are many adult collectors out there who would say 'oh im not buying a reissue devvy for $50 because i already have this $4 one from walgreens'. now if takara does believe that then either i am misundestanding the market or they have some rather odd ideas. i think its significant that devastator giftsets MISB can fetch $1000's!!

as for the other KO's out now, the higher quality ones like the g1 cars and dinobots (and soon to be devvy ironically enough) well considering that they are way overpriced youd think that takara could see the potential for those reissues esp. at the $25-30 retail price they usually go for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.