ENCORE G1 Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by viper2391, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I finally got my encore megs!

Bot mode: Ugly as heck. But hey, it's not too bad for being designed in the 70's.

Alt mode: Solid, shiny chrome, nice weight, fits perfectly, doesn't fall apart when you move it.

I got mine to display in alt mode, it's as awesome as I expected it to be, and then some(never had g1 megs as a kid).

Unfortunately, the right inside horn(2nd from the right) on one of the larger decepticon logo stickers is peeled back and onto itself from the factory, oh well. I dont want stickers on this guy anyway.

2. BluRR

BluRR TF fan til I die!!

Glad to hear someone got theirs. I'm still waiting on AgesThreeandUp to get theirs in...come on Spencer, don't fail me now.:) 

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Takara's QC continues it's freefall towards the earth!

both my convoy and megatron have problems.

The piece of plastic that goes into his trigger mechanism for gun mode was bent straight out of the box (seen by looking inside him, I'll try and get a pic later), so his body cannot be pressed straight down. I have to push the back down first, so the bent piece of plastic maneuvers into it's slot, then the front. I will not attempt to bend it back into position, since that may weaken it further and cause it to break.

there are stress marks on the handle, in the indented parts. few dabs of a gundam marker covered them up perfectly though.

overall, I'm satisfied and happy, because it could have been worse. much worse.

oh, and I have not yet been able to get his gun out of the plastic tray without destroying the tray. thanks, takara.

4. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have 2 versions of reissue megs, the vintage box style 'black' (ie the gunmetal all chrome version) special (16S) from around 2002 and the later book style ie the asia only second release of 2007. I never noticed any QC issues with the first but the second release book issue has a couple of minor issues:

1)the arm cannon arm is quite loose at the shoulder.
    2)the right foot once retracted out doesnt click into place very firmly so it can silp back in upon display.

I havent got an encore version (yet!) but i guess with some a relatively complex toy with lots of metal vs plastic joints the QC issues must vary along a gradient where they do occur esp where rivets are often involved. i bet it was the same with the gen 1 toys too (maybe).

5. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah I had the SAME problem with Megtron's piece of plastic that goes down into the trigger slot, bent all the way to the back right out of the box. I bent mine back (closer) into place though. I couldn't even close the chest as it came. I agree on the plastic too, it's so tight over the pieces that you have to mash it up to get out, and seems to assume no one would want to put the pieces back in later for display...they know their target market well (sarcasm emoticon here).

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron I plan to keep in the box, and since there is no visable problem, I will just play ignorant and assume he is fine. He looks great as a display piece in the box, and for the most part his robot mode isn't really that great IMO.

7. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I don't think I saw it, but does the Encore Megs come with the orange cap that was supposed to be modified for US safety laws? If so, was it easily removed?

8. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That depends upon who you buy it from. Some places didn't cap it, some places superglued it, some places set an orange piece of plastic in there that falls out.

I can tell you that tfsource didn't open and cap mine.

9. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    I got mine from Digital-Toys and they capped theirs before shipping. However, it was very easily removed. I just took a tootpick and inserted into the gun barrel, applied minimal pressure, and then it was fixed. However, they inserted the plastic tray upside down into the box and then resealed it with tape, so I had to open the box to turn the tray the right way so Megs wouldn'├Ąt be sitting upside down...

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFSource did not open or cap it in any way.

11. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    I have a question about G1 Megatron (I assume it is the same with the Encore). On top of his scope/fusion cannon there is a little piece or peg that can be flipped up. What is the purpose of this piece? Is it just something a real scope would have?

12. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picture?

If we're talking the two little handles towards the rear then they should be on either side and are for a Microman figure to use when Megatron's accessories and in Cannon mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Micro Change Gun Robos | Source Blog

13. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    Exactly!!! That piece of the scope was rotate 90 degrees on mine which is why it seemed on top and I didn't notice the other one. I totally forgot to consider whether it was a Microman related feature. Mystery solved! Thanks!

14. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't believe that the camera I used to take that photo was just 2 megapixels. It was a panasonic Lumix something. I miss that camera.

15. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its nuts dude. Just a few years ago it seems a 2mp camera was baddass. Now it seems every cell phone has a 10 mp camera on it.