Encore Fort Max, should I buy it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DELTAsnake, Feb 1, 2013.

1. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'm considering buying Fort Max, I never watched Headmasters so like most Westerners my only connection to him is watching the DVD of season 4. Also I have never seen one in person.

$400 (including shipping) is a lot of money for me, and I tend to end up disappointed by most of my G1/Encore purchases because the toy is smaller than I expected, has very limited articulation and looks very different than the animation model. The only G1 figures from the 80's I still display are Optimus and Megatron MISB and Minibots, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Predaking and Devastator loose.

So is Fort Max really worth getting? I know to some he is the Holy Grail, but I am conflicted about him.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments.

2. Duomaxwell1017

Duomaxwell1017 Lt. to Optimus Prime

News Credits:

Yes you should definately get it. Consider a opened on missing a couple parts will cost ya about 800.00 or so. Complete would cost even more. Consider this will no get a release in the US, Fortress maximus won't pass the drop test. It would break into sharp jagged pieces. And dude its FORTRESS MAXIMUS the Biggest Transformer ever made!! (almost 2 feet tall)

3. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's big and playful. Buy it.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    No. If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't. If you have no nostalgia, it will probably be disappointing. It's quite large, and awesome if you love G1 but could never get one before, but I can't see spending that much on something you don't really want.

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    It is a massive monstrosity, I am trying my hardest to not let my preorder go as more 3rd party/MP items come into stock. If you have been disappointed with the size of the G1/encore figs you have gotten thus far, this one will blow your socks off. This guy is massive, which is probably one of the main reasons I want it.

6. mjcrow

mjcrow Well-Known Member

I say get him. If you don't like him or you're disappointed it wouldn't be hard to resell him and get your money back.

7. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Can you afford it?
    1) yes. Then buy it
    2) maybe. Then flip a coin, sell unwanted stuff on ebay, etc
    3) no. Then start hooking, or find something affordable you really want and be happy you made a responsible decision.

I know I'm not passing on this opportunity. Last time I had a chance to get one I was five years old. My powermaster Prime broke, so I asked for another one for Christmas instead of Fort Max. Not gonna let that happen again.