Encore 21 and 22

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Skyfire21, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Man, I guess I've just been in the fandom too long. 10 years ago, if you even knew who the hell Soundblaster was; to be afforded the chance to pick him up, along with two exclusive cassette redecos for seventy bucks? People'd be tripping over themselves for the chance. I realize Soundblaster and Twincast have enjoyed previous re-issues but to see people scoffing at this kinda blows my mind.

Never picked up a Soundblaster, so he's a no-brainer. (though the initial pics have me a little worried. Never seen one with a non-red cassette door. Hope that's just pre-production pics.) I did eventually score the Ehobby Twincast with Flipsides, but for the chance for more cassettes and to keep the Encore line going, I'll double-dip.

2. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now I'm torn.
    I got Soundblaster and TwinCast on their initial reissue, but these new tapes tempt me.

Now, if they'd just reissue Squawk Talk/Beast Box (so I can get a set of Squawk Talk weapons since I have two set of Beast Box :( )and the Japanese Dino cassettes I'd be happy.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The somewhat blasé attitude illustrates the times of plenty we are living in now. Hell, we've had a Soundblaster working mp3 player released!

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It probably just depends on what you own and what you don't. Encore 4 packs of cassettes went for $50. These for $70 is not remotely a bad deal. Not sure it's a deal for me, but...

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'd point out that if your thinking you'd like to buy these just for the cassettes I'm sure you'd have no problem selling the main toys on - Soundblaster always sells well on ebay I'd image you'd get $50.00 for him with no problems.

I'd also suggest you could maybe repaint them into Shattered Glass versions if you wanted too.

If they both have Tampo decos on them I'd happily buy them as ones to play with as I barely touch some of my old G1 toys for fear of knackering them so no stickers would be a boon in being able to touch them.

I own Twincast already and I mainly bought that reissue for the new Cassette. I never got around to getting a Soundblaster though I tried many times I kept getting outbid on him and I really didn't think he was worth the £50.00/£65.00 he was going for.

So this is partly ideal I may end up with two Twincasts but heck one can go back in the box and which ever one is the more playable can get used - I might even use both rifles.

I wonder if they'd consider making it possible for him to back mount his gun I miss the lack of that feature.

Anyway awsome cassettes decent main toys (if possibly superflous) so yep I'll be buying them for the Cassettes for certain.

6. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't own either one of the characters so this is so pre-ordered!

7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Well now that they're reissuing Twincast again, you'll never see Flip Sides again. Reissuing Black Megatron and Sunstorm was probably a once in a life time thing for an e-Hobby exclusive.

I think they'll have no problem selling these. Popular molds as very popular characters with new (essentially) character Cassettes. Every Cassette release except for Kiss Players Position (even that is probably now) have been extremely collectible and highly desired. I'm sure these will be the same.

Original ads for the figure in 1987/1988 showed him with the blue door, he was released with the red to have the decoder feature work on his cassettes. So this one MAY be coming with a blue door, or it MAY be just the old photos.

Me I'm hoping for the blue door as I have the other version and we'd finally get one like this (purple like the cartoon would be good too) as he doesn't need the decoder this time.

Me I want blue (or purple) over red.

Randy

8. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Has there ever been a Blaster reissue using the Twincast double tape function ?

I know Blasters been reissued many times but has he had the equivalent of TRU Soundwave with twin tape storage reissue made for him yet ?

I would quite welcome a Soundblaster in Soundwave's 3rd Colour or White and Blue sometime. or even the obscure red colour.

Red might be nice as a Shattered Soundwave if nothing else.

I wonder why the Botcon Convention toys don't use G1 moulds ? but SDCC does - is it because they cost a lot more to make and assemble them than a Classics deluxe ?

I hope Soundblaster gets a blue or purple tape door as it would at least provide a tiny reason to buy it if you had it before with a red door.

I've often thought Twincast would look really good if he was painted in an Ice white sprayed on colouring rather than plain off-white plastic too.

9. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hasbro releases the SDCC exclusives and have the rights to the molds. While Botcons exclusives have to be licensed the molds from Hasbro to release them.

10. C.W. McConvoy

C.W. McConvoy 破壊大帝

Yeah, we all wish they'd reissue those. The Hong Kong bootleggers are already working on the Double Cassettes and will probably beat TakaraTomy to the punch.

If they actually give Soundblaster the purple chest this time like on the anime, boxart, and prototype photos instead of the red chest they always use, I'll definitely buy this. Otherwise, I'm not too sure.

11. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting both of these, primarily interested in Wing Thing though. Now, BRING ON ARTFIRE DAMMIT!!!!

12. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

Since I already have TFC Soundblaster, I might bite and pre-order Twin Cast.

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The Protectobots seriously need properly reissuing too. (better quality than the Combaticons reissue one hopes).

Bruticus (1986) - Decepticon Super Warrior - www.tfu.info

Replacing some of those stickers with tampographs would really help them and you'd be able to get a Guardcity repaint out of it too.

Defensor (1986) - Autobot Super Warrior - www.tfu.info
    Guard City (1992) - Cybertron 5-Robot Gestalt Rescue Warrior - www.tfu.info

If they don't get them out soon then the fakers and third parties will make such a reissue irrelevant (as Devastator is) by making new better ones based on them or by faking the original at a high quality or much lower price than Tomy-Takara would charge as is due to happen soon with the Terrorcons and Technobots.

Computron (1987) - Autobot Super Warrior - www.tfu.info
    Abominus (1987) - Decepticon Gestalt Warrior - www.tfu.info

Heck there's new mould Technobots and a KO reissue as well .

I'd have thought they'd have done the Protectobots then followed it up with a nice pair of reissues of
    Battle Gaia (1992) - Destron 5-Robot Gestalt Attack Soldier - www.tfu.info & Guard City.

14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    No.

No other than as Twincast.

Shattered Glass Soundwave is in white, and he's never had the G1 body just the Music Label body and Universe Ironhide body. Plus SG is Fun Publications baby.

I'm sure BotCon can use G1 molds if there is a desire for them to do so. They said a long time ago that G1 mold redecos are e-Hobby's territory (and I'm thinking that's why they stay away mostly). They did release the Seacons though.

I too hope that Soundblaster has a blue or purple door. :) 

Randy

15. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you mean Soundblaster and Twincast, yes, they were from the G1 cartoon stories broadcast after the series was canceled in the US. In an early episode of the Japanese series called "Transformers: The Headmasters" Soundwave and Blaster were killed, but were rebuilt into better bodies as these two guys. They are basically recolors with remolded cassette decks that hold two cassettes each.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  16. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I'd buy a white/blue version of the Soundwave G1 mold from FunPub, especially if it came with some new cassette minion repaints. Haha, Im such a sucker for those cassettes.

17. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    :D  Whoo!

18. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Also, can a third party company please make both a G1 version and a classics version of Boom Box? Cause that would be amazing!

19. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

That would be boss.

20. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I am in this camp too. I can't say no to new cassettes. I'm not quite sure what I'll do with doubles of SB and TC, though...