Encore 16 Bruticus, cheap plastic and terrible quality

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Yamaotto, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

Hardly a surprise. The whole "where it was made" issues never made much sense to me.

I guess everybody here was just hoping that for a different mold than the one that's been used to churn out all the repaints. Still plan on getting it.

2. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

These are the moments where it is frustrating to be a TF fan. We get a worn out reissue of a combiner that has been reissued several times in the USA in the past seven years. If it doesn't sell well and gets marked down, TakaraTomy will reason that no one wants to buy combiner reissues. All they had to do was reissue Devastator (isn't there some major thing that Dev is in right now?) and everything would work out.

3. jazzimusprime27

jazzimusprime27 Well-Known Member

We need masterpiece combiners. I'd love a masterpiece Bruticus and Devastator.

4. OptimusKronk

OptimusKronk Well-Known Member

Die cast

Die cast is good but causes problems for posing, plus I would rather have a more durable plastic. Metal weighs down combiners parts to much and makes them harder to balance. eg. MP 1

G1 doesnt give much room for balance.

Encore series would be better off sticking to the rarer G1 figures.

Considering I didnt have many G1 Figures to begin with.

I would rather spend $50+ on rarer figures and better articulated than OVER
    USED BRUTICUS MOLDs...:p 

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    So why waste 100 words in a thread about a G1 reissue?

6. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

That Onslaght looks like shit. As stated earlier in this thread, that Vortex really does look like a KO. Very sad. I'm still gonna get this set. Bruticus will still look nice in my display case. I've held out for it since it was announced. I've pieced together 4 other combiners (expensive, tedious, awesome) since this one was announced, in anticipation of getting this one with the awesome box action and minty fresh TFs. Very disappointed in this release based on the pics. But will still look good on display.

7. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I've had Bruticus reserved for months. I'm a little disappointed that there isn't any metal, but I can deal with the stickers. Encore has made small tweaks to almost all of their releases, so this honestly isn't much of a surprise. I'm still excited, though. There have been a lot of releases of this mold, so it makes sense that the mold has degraded a bit. I'm too worked up about owning Bruticus to really care about these minor changes, honestly. I heart reissues.

8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    They weren't 'screwed up' as much as made different from the original reissue.

Despite the wear on this mold (which is expected and some thing we should be used to after RID & Universe releases), I am really looking forward to owning this version!

Randy

9. Megatoron

Megatoron Member

Yes, I do know G1 Bruticus was also made in Macau, and the Euro Classic version was made in China.

No, I'm not saying the Japanese-made ones are better than the Macau-made ones. I have two G1 Menasors, one is Japanese-made and one is Macau-made, and the quality on both look identical to me. I had a Euro Classic Menasor and its quality is a bit off compare to the Japanese and Macau ones though.

10. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hopefully the people at takara get information from online sites and actually take on board criticisms, im sure there are still many collectors who will be unconcerned with the standard of bruticus. It must be a difficult market to measure, consider the (as far as i can tell) excellent product in omega supreme and metroplex, ive not compared to originals but those toys give no impression of being compromised and yet OS for eg is being sold way below retail.

11. OptimusKronk

OptimusKronk Well-Known Member

anyway

Why spend 100 bucks on something worth 35.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After reading this thread, I went and opened my set and...I'm pleased with it. I don't really care if die-cast was used and the mold degeneration isn't as bad as the ones posted in the pictures. Overall I'm pleased with this purchase as I've finally owned all the TV appearance combiners! :D 

13. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Titanium?

14. lemonherb

lemonherb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure if it was deliberate on your part or not, but I noticed that your washing machine is an Encore model. Kinda funny since we're discussing the Encore Bruticus set. :) 

15. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Why do i have a sneaking suspicion that Encore Frenzy and Rumble won't be up to much...

16. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    The Energon Bruticus is better? lmao Sorry, I'd rather have fists and feet. It took a secondary company to come along and give Superion add-ons. And yes, I know G1 had those small plates as feet, but at least they still looked like feet, and not see-thru candy. I'd rather have individual robots that look different, than repaints of the same toy within the same combiner.

And better articulation isn't always better. In reference to your other post, you said diecast made Masterpiece or 20th Prime hard to pose. With G1, where a lot of diecast was prominent, you didn't get those problems. The stability was superb. Sure, they didn't move around much, but at least they didn't fall over.

Hey, just my 2 cents.

17. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, those two haven't been used much right?

Encore Washor!!

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. And for me,I will add Predaking to the list also. The combiner is so "heavy" and "floppy" that he's a real pain in the butt to fiddle. If he wasn't the biggest G1 combiner, I would have skipped him.

Hmmm, I will be surprised if the mold degenerates that badly especially since the tape brothers have not been reissued yet.

I find it ironic that the for all the Bruticus variants issued that when it finally comes to the original to be reissued, the mold is damaged! XD

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So has anyone got Bruticus in the mail yet? It would be interesting to see if this is just 1 bogus set. I'll take photos of mine when it arrives next week, we should all do the same. Hopefully, it was just that set.

20. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    LMAO!
    Very sharp Lemonherb!
    Does it got mold issues as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.