Encline's CHERRY BOMB TOY SHOW after party video PREVIEWS week: Maketoys

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by encline, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can see why you'd want to read it as ma ke toy, assuming this Japanese company would have given itself a Japanese name; however, I can't any Japanese company calling themselves that as it translates as loser toy. However, in the off chance that that's what they called themselves, I have to ask, is that how you heard the name pronounced? After reading the company's introduction on their home page, I believe the company's name is derived from two English words rammed into one: make toy.

EDIT:

Thanks for the pictures;) 

2. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hard to judge scale (and I don't have a RTS G2 Prime!), but we've seen that PP Ironhide/Ratchet are the size of Classics Prime; so if individual Giant bots are anywhere around that size I'll be happy with that. And for me, in terms of scale, it goes PP Ironhide=Faith Leader=MP Grimlock.

Obviously the combined Devs will be smaller than he ought to be, due to the size-cheat that went on in the G1 toon whenever the Constructicons combined. Not much that can be done about that, except hope for an oversized KO of Giant! ;-)

3. OptimusTimelord

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah I'm afraid I prefer G1 style over updated versions. Seems Giant will beat Herc to release, which is another bonus, but I haven't ruled out Hercules altogether; if there's time and money I could see myself getting them both in the end.

Scale is something we have to grin and bear... Even the Masterpieces don't line up with each other, sadly. But fingers crossed for the PP line :) 

4. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes please!

[​IMG]

5. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    The Fallen!!!!!

6. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    Has there been mention, confirmation even on the price of the fallen? If it is under a hundred (though I'm not holding my breathe but make-toy doesnt have as high prices as say i-gear or TFC) I maaay get it. A display of classics megs, thunderwing, straxus, and the fallen will be amazzinggg....

7. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That colour does not suit Devy,make it like it is an Autobot,haha

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Looks great! I hope all the major retailers like BBTS and TFSource carry their items, and certainly hope that the price is reasonable.

9. Stepper

News Credits:
    Am sure they will carry, is up to us to choose which shops to PO with.

10. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    You and me both, man. XD And I believe the Deluxe car Bots/Cons fit this scale perfectly as well, particularly the taller ones like the Twins and Red Alert molds. Beefy Scout-class Ninsecticons are a good fit too since those guys were never very tall in the cartoon either.

Things get a little complicated if we're talking the Minibots like Powerglide and Brawn/Huffer (iGear has these covered as Legends-class), along with the smaller Cons like Reflector (PE-11 Scouting Force X still works for me, however) and the Casseticons (again, PE to the rescue though I personally like the original G1 cassettes with Crazy Devy parts more).

We're still just missing a downsized Megatron (a pipe dream now?) in scale with the others, since Soundwave and Blaster are covered by another 3rd party. MP Shockwave would be nice if the previous two are successful. Still no Trailerbreaker or Hoist to round out the season 1 cast. A better Astrotrain would be great (the Classics/Henkei version does nothing for me) along with a scaled-up Jetfire (again, not a fan of the Classics/Henkei mold), not to mention Blitzwing.

Who knows what the future holds for these characters?

Personally, I think Giant will fit in nicely with my collection simply because he's looking to be more G1 accurate and he's in scale with FP Bruticus. The fact that he'll be cheaper and might be released in its entirety even sooner than Hercules are huge pluses too, in my book.

Hercules is still an amazing combiner and project undertaking, but if I had to decide between the two, Giant would be my choice. Sometimes size isn't the winning factor, but everything else (including G1 accuracy/aesthetics, price, and speed of release/availability). Quality-wise, both TFC and MakeToys look to be about dead even.

But why should any buyer feel they should need to justify his purchase except to himself, eh? In the end, they're both great choices and having the option to decide for yourself.... man, what a great time to be a TF fan!

11. Stepper

News Credits:
    Still prefer the original head mold for the G2 prime of United series than this

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    There is no evidence either way, since they are a new company. Ofcourse I am hoping that the case. I was prepping for worse case scenario.

13. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm with you. Anyone who makes quality G1 figures in that scale will get my money. This includes Has/Tak if they continue to make G1ish CHUGs, too!

Ooh, I hope Megs isn't a pipe dream... I don't see why iGear or another company wouldn't tackle him eventually. Ditto Shockwave.

I imagine iGear's got their eye on the Trailbreaker/Hoist mold to follow up on the van-bots, assuming all goes well with them. It's the most obvious hole to fill, though things might get really interesting if they offer up a completely G1 accurate Prowl or Sunstreaker, or something to that effect...

14. OptimusTimelord

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Other than Devy I'm the same for cons. Shame PE Reflector is so damn small, cos it's almost a MP worthy figure.

Bots is another story. MP01 goes nicely with BT/Alts (which look great in alt mode with MP Rodimus!). Ideally I'd like 1/24 scale G1 bot cars (made myself a custom Sideswipe and have started on a Mirage)... BUT Faith Leader and the PP line fit better with MP Grimlock, the MP seekers, the 3rd party MP Soudwave etc, so I'm kinda juggling two rival collections!!

15. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    Thanks Encline for sharing this to us, gives us an idea how tall their individual bots are.

The Fallen is fuckin sick!

Lastly, Giant will sure be mine as well. :D 

16. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That Fallen looks pretty cool... Wasn't expecting it to be that size either! Can't wait for some colour images!

17. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. That Fallen looks teh awesome! I'm gonna have to get me one of those. Anyone know what the price is gonna be like on that thing?

18. imoff2186

imoff2186 Well-Known Member

I think the fallen might be voyager class... i'm just saying

19. Stepper

News Credits:
    Agree,if there is PO that will be good,if not we shall move on.

20. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Do you think this is likely? This is what I would like, as well...

Yeah, I'm not interested in Cassetticons that don't turn into cassettes. I thought Fanstoys was making Soundwave compatible with G1 sized cassettes? That opens up some possibilities... I mean, really any third party could do G1 sized upgraded cassettes, right?

Yep, season 1 is the bomb!!! :)  Though I could find a way to fit the triple changers in there if they were made.

At this point I would be happy with a downsized MP05 - I just want a Megatron! It doesn't bother me that it's not completely cartoon accurate. It's a combination of cartoon and G1 toy accurate, which can work for me depending on how the design is accomplished.