Customs: Enamels vs. Laquors vs. Acrylics...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by seanb47, Nov 5, 2012.

1. seanb47

seanb47 FB: SBee's Custom Creations/ IG @Sbee_75

Ebay:
    I have all three for a current FoC Jazz repaint.I've just wet sanded some parts down and I am getting ready to lay down some paint.Here's my dilemma.I have a Translucent Silver Laquor I want to lay down first,then a light coat of White Gloss Enamel with another coat of Translucent White Pearl Laquor over that.Recommendations?

2. seanb47

Ebay:
    Ok,well,I was hoping for a helpful response of some sort.I went ahead and layed down the tanslucent silver lacquer,let it cure overnight and sprayed a light coat of the gloss white enamel over that this morning.So far I like the result.now I'm wondering if I should wet sand 600 grit between the next coat of the pearl white lacquer?Hmmm...

Attached Files:

3. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Best I can advise in a situation like this is to try it on a similar colored piece of junk plastic first to see if you can create the effect you're looking for before you hit the full toy with it. Or you can try it on the inside of a part that won't show in order to gauge. In all, not bad so far.

4. seanb47

Ebay:
    Good idea.Thank you.I went ahead and did some minor Battle damage scratch before laying down the Pearl White.It has come out pretty good enough for me to decide to go ahead and spray the rest of the vehicle in this manner as needed.The Translucent silver is perfect for this.