Emotional or Affective Scenes from TLK?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, Jun 25, 2017.

1. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me,
    - the "revelation" between Prime and Bumblebee during the one-on-one fight
    - the part where Cade and TRF are on the Osprey, and he says something to effect that he always believed in the good Transformers, like Prime & the Autobots, while the rest the world believed in their worse. To me that's a worthwhile message in today's era.
    - The very ending where everyone is falling until the "ignition engine" falls to ground.. for some odd reason the music, the movement, etc evoked some emotional response
    - The part where Merlin is begging the Knights for help all the way to Dragonstorm leading Arthur and the Kinghts to victory
    - Cade's call with the daughter
    - I'll admit the death of Canopy and Izzy crying was pretty sad

• Like Like x 12
  2. Boneless Pizza

Boneless Pizza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Burton's death and with Cogman by his side.

• Like Like x 14
  3. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    -Merlin's speech to the Knights
    -Canopy's Death
    -Added: Cade Helping the Knight
    -Added: Megatron with Starscream's head
    -Lennox confrontation with Yeager and Bee.
    -Izzy and Cade speaking of what they loss and them bonding. And Cade's dialogue about TRF on why they can't fight them.
    Especially "That's the kind of world we live in." considering how much of an Optimist he was during the Fourth Film
    -Tessa's call and Hound telling Cade that he's a good dad.
    -Burton's Death
    -Any of Optimus Dialogue it was heartbreaking, but then hopeful.
    -Bumblebee talks
    "Optimus I would lay down my life for you."
    -Optimus' revelation on what he has done. And then not even fighting back against Megatron, Nitro, and accepting death from the Knights after losing hope in himself.
    -Everytime he says he is Optimus Prime to remind himself he is not Nemesis nor what Quintessa wants him to be.
    -Cade's Speech I didn't lose faith the whole world did.
    "We Were Brothers Once."
    "Once."

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 12
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I kinda felt a little something when Sir Edmund Burton died, but otherwise there wasn't a single emotional moment in this film for me. Because there was no emotional core to the film whatsoever.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    -Megatron acknowledging starscream
    -When Optimus sees cybertron
    -Cade texting his daughter.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah Cade helping that Knight.

I also forgot to mention that scene when
    Excalibur (?) appears to protect Optimus Prime

• Like Like x 2
  7. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

'what everyone wants human, to go home...'

• Like Like x 6
  8. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    First time around I can't say I felt a lot lot - I was trying to keep up with everything and didn't get a chance to really relate to anyone. Second time, however, felt like a different experience and I could really put myself in people's shoes. It all just seemed to slow down and I felt some meaningful moments.

1. Izzy and Canopy. Kinda felt a little meaningless first time around because you never learn who Canopy really is or get any sense of their history together. But just looking at Canopy in the film... he's this slow, seemingly good-natured bot who doesn't show a weapon and only action we saw was to cover up and protect some kids. He was the most harmless-looking bot in the entire series. So just that alone made it really sad to see him go down. Then given Izzy's reaction, you can imagine some of their time together. Rather heartwarming how she takes on bots as family, kind of like Miko from Transformers Prime. Isabela Moner also played the emotion very well.

2. Burton's death and line: "I had my moment". I felt for Burton a whole lot more the second time around. He was quite a character. The Jablonsky track that matched the line was fitting.

3. ...Everything with Cade at the end. The bits about his whole life having no meaning until now, made especially hard after the loss of his wife and separation from his daughter. And he goes and throws in his life in at the end. A lot of it was outside the scenes or dialogue... it was just in his expressions as other characters spoke. Wahlberg didn't just play his part with a blank face during other characters' dialogue, his character really seemed like he was fighting internal battles. I just noticed it a lot more, and related well to it the second time.

And I felt a real satisfaction at the end of the second viewing when he ended up with Vivian. It felt like they both needed each other, much more so than any of the other romances in the movies to date.

4. The entire Bee vs Optimus scene. The scene dripped (literally, hehe) with tension and drama. Cade pleading at Optimus the entire battle was just... terrific. Throwing himself next to Bee's face as the sword was coming down. And then of course... "I would lay down my life for you". That was great.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    It sucked seeing Burton die, and poor Izzy watching Canopy die thanking her was a bit sad.

I was actually genuinely touched a little when Hound told Cade "you're a hell of a father Cade, don't forget it." It was sweet.

• Like Like x 10
  10. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

It pulled at my heart strings when Canopy and Burton died. And when Hound told Cade he was a good father.

• Like Like x 8
  11. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I actually wasn't sad about Burton's death. I really like the character, he was hilarious. It seemed like he knew what was going to happen, he was prepared to die, he was going there to get his moment of "knightlyness".

That was great. Actually, I love everything about the junkyard scenes. Loved Day Trader teasing Drift, Loved Cade talking to the baby dinos.

• Like Like x 7
  12. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That and Burton's death were good.
    See for this one, I didn't care for it. Tucci's acting didn't really sell it for me or something.

13. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

that was a nice touch with cade & hound..'my dad never called me..'

• Like Like x 3
  14. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Tucci was a hoot, it was a little less than serious. The way eh threw in the women joke in the middle of the speech kinda toned down the seriousness. But for me, that scene was about the music... it was a beautiful track and actually had me feeling something too.

• Like Like x 7
  15. pjeung

pjeung Active Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    def cogman/burton scene. The last act felt like it was supposed to have emotional moments but the dialogue wasn't up to par to make me feel it. I guess the Wahlberg sword parry scene? Izzy tear scenes were well-acted, but like many have said they just hit you so fast with them without any time to get ready before or after to feel the weight of the moment in the end they weren't memorable for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Well I did feel emotional during the Bee and Optimus scene and Burton's death. I also got a little emotional when Optimus almost died.

It's weird though, I always knew he would be okay. Yet for that brief moment, I doubted myself. It kind of tore myself up to see him get beaten down and be willing to accept death as punishment. Maybe it's because I see a bit of my deceased dad in Optimus and seeing him in that state manage to hit me in the heart, despite always having confidence that he would live.

• Like Like x 4
  17. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Surprisingly alot of Megatron's moments.

"We were brothers once"
    "Once"

"What everyone wants human, to go home"

The scene of him holding Starscream's head wouldn't even need words

• Like Like x 2
  18. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    -merlin asking for help
    -canopys death
    -burtons knights history lesson and only u can save the world speech
    -bees speaking and snapping OP back
    -cade stops the knights
    -burtons death
    -optimus rallying speech
    -humans jumping off cybertron/ cade and vivianne choosing to stay
    -closing scene

• Like Like x 1
  19. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

Music always gets me, nothing beats Arrival to Earth but the ending was beautiful.

07 had a great and chilling final speech with the ‘We are here, we are waiting’ I always felt RoTF had the weakest ending and speech, AoE had a threatening ‘oh he means business’ vibe, DoTM was also heartfelt considering how things turned out in AoE.

Speech wasn’t emotional but that ‘Calling all Autobots…It is time to come home’ and that final shot of Cybertron along with the Music was gorgeous!

I found it very emotional. Anything that plays the score of ‘Arrival to Earth’ or ‘Autobots Theme’ and 'Optimus' theme' from the 07 film gives me chills.

Also the opening was great aswell, one of the more emotional openings I think along with 07 and DoTM

• Like Like x 4
  20. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "And when the account of the ages is etched into the cosmos, let those who exist long after us know... that this was our finest hour!"

That might be my favorite line in the entire series.

• Like Like x 8