Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Evac, Feb 16, 2021.
You replied too quick ;P I updated the post hehe
In addition to what it says about them releasing at 6am I'd recommend following an account like @disfunko on Twitter because a lot of them time they end up going up randomly the night before around 6pm PST
Talk about awesome! Hopefully Grimlock is a retail exclusive, but I’ve been able to get some POP store exclusives pretty easily here lately, other than Nemesis Prime.
I do not do social media mostly - one of the great evil's of humanity is the false god known as social media. But I will keep an eye out. Thanks
I would like a volcanicus funko pop
Love it - can't wait to add to my collection.
But does it transform though?
Oh man... hope this becomes a regular retail exclusive.
I'm way, way not a fan of Funko pops, but when the characters have a visor like Grimlock here (and the jazz they did) instead of the stupid "dead eyes" that is their overall style, I think they look about 1000x better. He also looks like he's got a really nicely appropriate level of sculpted detailing. And he's even got a sword!
(I actually wish SS86 Grimlock's shins looked more like this instead of the stupid rectanglur blobs of solid color paint)
Don't be a downer, I've gotten multiple Funko exclusives at retail.
For the sake of my wallet I hope they’re not doing full Seeker or Dinobot teams. I can live without Metallic Prime and Nemesis, but I might need this and Jetfire. There’s hope for Grimlock but Jetfire’s going to cost me. Already have the rest luckily.
I honestly hope that they do BW’s right after this so I can go back to my regular scheduled programming. But I’d forgive them a Shockwave.
MORE exclusives please.
In 46 easy steps:
1. Register to their bogus website.
2. Find the secret link.
3. Stay up all night in case it starts earlier than advertised.
4. Make sure you have triple internet redundancy, 2 computers and Gin.
5. Hit refresh a zillion times.
6. Hope you're in the queue.
7. Take a shot of Gin to calm the nerves.
8. Fill your order faster than any human could possibly do.
9. Hit ORDER.
10. Take a shot of Gin to calm the nerves.
11. Doesn't work. Refresh.
12. Refresh takes forever. Close tab. Re-open tab.
13. Re-open tab takes forever. Close entire browser. Re-open browser.
14. Bogus website flooded with scammer-bots.
16. Login takes forever.
17. Take a shot of Gin.
19. Hit ORDER.
20. Order takes forever.
21. Take a shot of Gin to calm the nerves.
22. Order still takes forever.
24. Tab crashes.
25. CURSE THE HEAVENS and THROW your empty glass of Gin on the wall.
26. Redo the entire thing.
27. HIT ORDER.
28. Order takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R.
29. Pages refreshes. Is this it? Will the next page loading confirm my order?
31. Nope. Out of stock.
32. Blood Pressure dangerously high.
33. Nothing inexpensive to throw at wall. Bang the keyboard.
34. Head spinning.
35. Abandoning all hope.
36. "F*ck this collecting sh*t"
37. Hit the sack.
38. Wake up 2 hours later.
39. Read the forum boards.
40. Blood pressure mounting again as you read folks who were able to get one. Sometimes more than one.
41. Suddenly...you almost faint reading that the "out of stock" thing was a cart glitch and there was plenty left 30 minutes after the frenzy. Of course, now they're all gone.
42. eBay pre-orders price 27x times retail price.
43. Contemplating relocation to Thailand to take care of elephants.
44. Live an ascetic life devoid of material lust.
45. Depression ensues.
46. Go to the kitchen, get a new glass, finish the Gin.
Ain't modern collecting fun?
Me Grimlock consoom!
Kinda sucks that the article stating how to obtain this cool Funko Pop came up 2 days after the cutoff for registration to be eligible to enter the raffle for said Pop.
After they don't meet the sells quota, you will find them in a landfill near Everett, WA.
I wish Funko Pop! would just go away.
For all the insta nay sayers and whatnot. Grimlock will be a Gamestop shared exclusive so easy pickings if you want it.
Windblade Funko Pop when?!?
Separate names with a comma.