ELEMENT TE-01 vs MS-01 vs MP Optimus V3

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Maximus Danz, Nov 21, 2018.

?

Which Prime is prime for you?

1. TE-01

2. MS-01

3. MP V3

4. HasTak MP-10

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Well-Known Member

The spacing between the ratchet detents on MP-44 is quite a bit smaller than TE-01's in the shoulder and hip ratchets. Knee ratchet is probably about equivalent since TE-01's knee pretty much functions like a friction joint. I'm finding almost no limitations on poses that I've tried to put MP-44 into.

2. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    TE was well ahead of MS for me, but as I've had TE on the shelf while awaiting MP44, I really started to think TE would be my preferred figure in the end as I adored his presence. Well, I finally had a chance to transform 44 and he knocks TE out of my top spot. The paint finish, slightly different proportions, and just overall polish/look make him that much more G1 Optimus for me. I was caught a bit off-guard by it actually. Both are transformation marvels and quality items, but the difference is real. Man, thinking back to MP-01's reveal and ultimate release to our embarrassment of Optimus riches at the moment. We truly live in wonderful times.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

Would say the voice box is worth it ? (Not trying to beat a dead horse or anything) As in, do you think it's a good sacrifice, or do you think it would vave been best to not have one in order to have a less gappy bot mode. It's transformation may be my favorite out of any MP figure ever, and I will be getting it, but every time I think about both the cab area and the voice box, I think about what could have been.

4. Fr33fall

Fr33fall Well-Known Member

Obviously this wasn't aimed at me, and I don't even have MP44, so I'll acknowledge I'm butting in, but...
    1) I completely forgot Megatron even had voice clips, so I feel like it is a novelty that wears off fairly quickly.
    2) Like Megatron, if they were going to include it no matter what, they could have put it in the gun or jet pack or something, thereby being able to just make Prime's body as close to perfect as possible with no sacrifices.

Just my take.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SharkticonX

SharkticonX 3P Optimus Prime and Megatron Collector

Not gonna lie, if it has less kibble and backpack, MP-44 would have replaced TE-01 as the definitive G1 Prime, it clearly has superior articulation and finish, even the sculpt and anatomy looks better in bot mode, from the front.

6. Reygn

For me, and a third of fans, MP-44 is the definitive G1 Optimus. Yes TE-01 is cleaner, and yes the truck is not a heap of trash like MP-44's, but that doesn't make it the better Optimus, it makes it an better overall check all the right boxes figure. MP-44 has the better sculpt, not unintentional panel lines, but actual shaping, while TE-01 has a more basic and standard shaping to it. MP-44 also has vastly superior articulation, making MS-01 look inadequate, who in turn makes TE-01 like like a brick. While I can respect and appretiate TE-01 for being a slam dunk figure, I can't lie and say I won't regret getting him over the near flawless figure that is MP-44.

7. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I can't justify the cost of him yet, but when I can afford it, I'll have to pick it up and try it out! Seems like MP-44 would be the superior option for Stop Motion.

8. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Swerve’s Best Customer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yes, I did find him for $380 w/o shipping but still way to expensive for me.

I am not criticizing anyone who bought him. For me he is too expensive and I will never use any accessories besides maybe the axe and gun. Never really liked the fact that if you wanted an OP MP, you have to buy the trailer and all the bits and bobs as well. Which raises the price tremendously. Maybe I’ll get the KO if there is a clear version since it will not come with a trailer and/or all those extras.

I got the KO of Megatron that came with the toy head and chest, light up gun and English voice clips inside the gun. I believe the official Japan release has Japanese voice clips inside the gun as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2019 at 8:37 PM
  9. Ryuu

Ryuu It is Looooord!

I just got mp44 in today and after transforming a bit and messing around with him and he is amazing the backpack is not as bad as pictures or video make it to be

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  10. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I definitely don't think the voice box was "worth it", but I'm also not sure that it determined as much of the engineering as it gets credit for. In addition, this will vary for each person, but for me the amount of negative from the backpack is outweighed by the positives from the rest of the figure. As we can see with all of these options, sacrifices/concessions are made for different goals and with different results that speak to each person.

For me:
    MP44 - the finish is stunning and the shaping/sculpt have a liveliness and evoke prime from the cartoon the best for me. The transformation was complicated, but not hard and has several truly satisfying moments where parts come together to hide colors or complete a section. The backpack, backend of the truck, and cost are bummers as is worrying about the paint, but the whole package is my favorite.
    TE-01 - great look, adequate articulation, stunning transformation - the legs and hiding of the wheels in the pelvis were definite wow moments, but just a little blockier and less refined than MP-44. I still think he is terrific particularly for the price and had I not handled 44, this would be my prime, but now that I know the difference, he is my second favorite.
    MS - price is great, solid articulation, unique but nice colors - a bit too buff for me personally - particularly the shoulder squares. If those alone were 30% smaller, he'd be ace, but as is, while better than MP-10, he currently sits 3rd in these rankings.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Actually all that stuff he comes with is pretty cool <shrug>.

• Like Like x 2
  12. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Well-Known Member

I finally got some LR44 batteries for the voice box for MP-44. I'm not a fan of the big backpack and even though it doesn't bother me now, if it could be reduced somehow I'd trade the voice box for it. Having said that, being able to play the Optimus Prime voices in English is REALLY cool.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I wish there was more music from the cartoon:( 

• Like Like x 1
  14. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To me (even tho I don't own him) MS-01 wins. The back is clean and dam, the waist down looks insanely perfect to me.

• Like Like x 4
  15. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. (Pssst...he's crazy) Moderator

Thought I was the only one who liked MS-01 best. Underdogs unite! :p 

• Like Like x 5
  16. smkspy

smkspy The old timers here get it

Count me in too.

More I look at 44, the more I can forgive the panel-forming, but the more I also grow to hate the backpack. I know "you get use to it or it doesn't look that bad in person" yada yada yada, but I never got use to hot rod or sunstreaker so doubt Prime will be any different. Guess I'll find out when the 44T or KO version gets released.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 7:11 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Glad to know there are others who like the third party one more. With all the QC disasters TT had with with MP44, they ruined their own parade. Such fools, they need to wake up.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Reygn

The figure design in and of itself is good, but then they let it fall apart, literally.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OPholic

OPholic Empowered by the matrix

I own both TE-01 and MP44. I reckon the latter looks better in hand, and I appreciate the effort of the designers on the overall streamlined cartoon look of the bot, and the very little details like hiding the back mirrors in bot mode, the 'fortress' interchangeable to the robot stand, the battle-damaged look of the prime... but honestly, the QC is disastrous for the price tag and brand name like that. To me, I still love my TE-01 better.

20190913_003040.jpg 20190913_003017.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Knight Prime

Knight Prime Well-Known Member

Got my mp44 in today. After transforming him to bot I’ve got to say....this is my Optimus Prime. What back pack? In hand that becomes irrelevant. The amount of articulation this thing has is off the charts. I’m selling my TE-01 since I have limited space and already own 5 OPs

• Like Like x 4