ELEMENT TE-01 vs MS-01 vs MP Optimus V3

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Maximus Danz, Nov 21, 2018.

?

Which Prime is prime for you?

1. TE-01

2. MS-01

3. MP V3

4. HasTak MP-10

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

My Magic Square has none of those issues except sculpt breakage for the abdominal range, which I'm fine with. I'm not buying MP-44 unless/until a well priced high quality KO is released. As far as the aesthetic issues yeah I can live with all of those trade offs for the incredible articulation he offers. The price and flawed knee design are my only hang ups.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Well-Known Member

I really am not bashing TE-01 at all, as I love it enough to have bought three copies of it. But MP-44's posability really is orders of magnitude (OK, maybe just one order of magnitude) over TE-01's (and I would argue even over MS-01). I've REALLY enjoyed posing MP-44 over the past week I've owned it (had to fix the knee, but no paint chips through posing). I think most frequenting this thread probably saw the couple of pictures I've posted below, but I do have to say that MP-44 gets into those poses effortlessly. If you enjoy posing robots/action figures, MP-44 is objectively peerless in that department. If not, then of course it's a very subjective thing regarding which one is for you.

I mean...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  3. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Much as I enjoy my MS-01 I can certainly see that you're right. 44s poseability is better and he looks better doing it. If the thing had been 250$ shipped I might have considered the official, but 325-400 is just beyond what it's worth to me. Hopefully THF nails the KO and it's out relatively soon.

I also think the MP hands are a vast improvement over MS and TE. That bit of wrist tilt really looks nice, and the sway built into the abcrunch(from your pics) made a huge impression on me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darwis Lim

Darwis Lim Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    DarwisLimZ on Instagram Soft side of Optimus Prime.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  5. Laserhead4

Laserhead4 Well-Known Member

TE-01 bar none. I really like how they also sold a MP 44 head to replace the one that it comes with. Now it's even more show accurate and continues to have a back that doesn't give me several different migranes at once.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Every time I come here TE just keeps edging up 1 little bit at a time, almost neck and neck with 44

• Like Like x 3
  7. J Rock

J Rock Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if they are working on a KO MP44? what improvements should KO's aim for? for instance MP 36 and the paint.

8. emporio80

emporio80 Well-Known Member

at this point i am not even interested in a ko mp-44, i am more than happy with my te-01

• Like Like x 5
  9. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

In MP-44's case, better QC and paint with more durability. I created a wishlist thread for an enhanced MP-44 knock off.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

Anything above 150 is a rip off for this figure. Realistically 70 to a 100 max would be a good price. But takara wants to rape your wallets, and most of want it to happen, you sick, perverted bastards.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Reygn

$150 is a more reasonable price for MP-44, given it's part count, and the amount of paint on it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

Just stop, MP10 was 250 with less parts.

• Like Like x 4
  13. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Folks keep supporting them so they're taking a mile. Therefore, Takara has no incentive to change. It's been this way since the official Takara MP conehead seekers.
    In the meantime my TE-01's knees are just fine.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 1:43 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  14. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Shut up Blur! ~The Rude Awakening of Optimus TFW2005 Supporter

Total agreement here, but I will say I got MP10 when I didnt know any better and wasnt as well versed in 3P, but back then MP10 was still the best MP OP available.

I kind of still want to get MP44 when they fix engineering issues and the price comes down after the honeymoon phase, but part of me looks at it as well painted CHUG. The hyper articulation breaks a lot of the sculpt. I like more clean fit and finish and 44 doesnt do it for me in that category.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

I own the TE-01 and really like it. One issue I do have with it is the space between the ratchets. They make for pretty big movements. Especially when I'm considering it for Stop Motion. Can you comment on if MP-44 is able to do smaller, more incremental moves with the arms and legs? In other words, are ratchet gears smaller to allow for more positions?

16. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I think a lot of us have the Toys R' Us price etched into our minds, back in those sweet halcyon days when they released the full set for $100.
    I actually had the Takara release back then, sold it for $250 and then bought the TRU release for 100, which I liked better anyway because of the brighter colors.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Yeah, Takara has always been overpriced. The TRU version was what $120? If you could find it. I think 250$ for 44 would've sold me on it rather than waiting on a KO.

Honestly with the very solid competition at 1/4-1/3 the price I'm surprised MP-44 is selling so well.

18. Reygn

I was talking about the base figure; do you really think I'm that idiotic, because I'm not, I think, maybe, hopefully not.

19. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    owning MP10 I can safely say that was also a rip off.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Especially when you factor
    -it is rather lightweight in hand for a bot its size
    -the chest windows have a slight gap for not closing all the way
    -the cab roof lights were not painted, just left as red like the rest of the cab (unlike the Hasbro version)
    -the index/pointer finger tip is prone to popping off
    -The eyes are dark instead of painted blue.

I really wish Wei Jiang would have made a 1:1, standard sized KO of MP-10/MP-10B.