ELEMENT TE-01 vs MS-01 vs MP Optimus V3

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Maximus Danz, Nov 21, 2018.

?

Which Prime is prime for you?

1. TE-01

2. MS-01

3. MP V3

4. HasTak MP-10

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. emporio80

emporio80 Well-Known Member

so i first bought the ms-01and i absolutely loved it, than i buddy of mine had the te-01 and i thought that it looked good,but the more i was busy with it the more i started to like it.
    I sold my ms-1 and bought the te-01 and that will be my prime, i like how they did the legs and no backpack and althought mp-44 looks amazing to, it is just to much money for me

• Like Like x 3
  2. Darwis Lim

Darwis Lim Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Just finished watching EmGo's review on MP-44. I knew that damn Autobot symbol looked crooked! You'd think for $450, they could get the one single tampo printed symbol on the figure straight.

• Like Like x 4
  4. smkspy

smkspy The old timers here get it

It has to be $489-$500 that makes it just almost %500 lol. No wonder you think that your $375 (not including shipping) is mid-300s. You've got a lot of ignorance yourself, it seems.

Regardless, time to stop using the early PO prices that people had to nab a year ago as some kind of it's really not that expense banner. The current price tag is at best $400 depending on the seller.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019 at 11:14 AM
    • Like Like x 3
  5. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Actually and fwiw, MP-44 is currently available under US$350 shipped right now from Amazon-japan direct if you're a US-resident as of this posting:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07L324QLS/

Only about just US$20 more than the PO-pricing I got it from last year.

No need to get it at the "$400-$500 pricing" you're posting about.

If you're in the US and interested in getting MP-44 in about 2-3 days shipped, that is...

• Like Like x 4
  6. smkspy

Fair enough, and that's a decent price I'll admit. But for me, that is what he should cost without the discount (another issue altogether). Nevertheless, one retailer is pretty much the exception, not rule.

And for alot of people once taxes and import duties do come in, he does end up costing close to other quoted prices, which is why that particular price sticks around.

Personally, I have zero problems with people stating any of the quoted prices cause they are all applicable to the figure.

And I had one of the original AJPOs for $324, but cancelled. Not because of price, but rather that I had a feeling he would be QC ridden, which turned out to be true for a great many people. I can tolerate fixes from 3rd party, but not from the official brand for that premium sum of money.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019 at 10:53 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

I agree with what you're saying. I also think it's cool to have an ab crunch, I think it's a but extreme in this case but that's just my feelings on it... you can also have an ab crunch where the ab floats a bit in the chest area, giving some degree of mobility but not as extreme as the direction Takara went... it may have been more difficult to do that with this figure however (given the way the front cab forms both his chest and abs), which I fully acknowledge...

• Like Like x 1
  8. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Look at fanstoys roadking. Whilst they were very late to the ab crunch party they executed it the best. His abdomen has an inner shell so when you move his Torso forward it reveals that extra piece and doesn't break the sculpt at all.

Then they didn't bother with silverbolt.. 1 step forward..1 step back

• Like Like x 1
  9. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Well-Known Member

I forgot how the transformation worked on Road King, but I think this is a case-by-case situation. I think Road King had enough space in the torso to accommodate the feature to cover up the ab-crunch joint. MP-44 certainly doesn't. I've never handled FT Silverbolt so don't know if it would have been possible.

10. smkspy

It's cool, I fully admit that throwing around the term "dated" gets my blood boiling and has been so for a long time now lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Same story here. Thought it was MS-01 for me, then got TE-01. Want MP-44 but the price makes it a no go...so TE-01 is my guy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus A Prime a day keeps the doctor away

News Credits:
    We should do a separate poll only for the people who actually own all 4.

13. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

1_R0SseoHCiB2qeTNg7kjfWw.gif

• Like Like x 2
  14. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to buy TE-01 Shattered Glass version, but can't stand his limited articulation.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

That's what puts me off the figure. He really looks great standing stoically, but I get most of my enjoyment from playing with my toys.

TE seems like a fine Prime to pop into a display, but MS is a fun toy to handle. Can't wait for KO-44 as it looks like the perfect hybrid combining the best features of both(imo).

• Like Like x 1
  16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Rabies.

17. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Shut up Blur! ~The Rude Awakening of Optimus TFW2005 Supporter

TE poses just fine in some extreme poses. Is he limited? Sure. With no ab crunch it limits it a little. I actually dont care much for ab crunch. With the newer hyper articulate figs we are getting into the realm of breaking sculpt fit and finish to get this better articulation. To the point now they are moving back from the MP theme of being a Cool fig that looks amazing to be posed and displayed on shelf to being a (excuse the language) f'ing toy again. Its one the things I hate about my Sunstreaker. That is my opinion. I'd rather have a super clean bot that can do some good poses, and displays well.

• Like Like x 3
  18. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I can understand that, even though I'm firmly in the opposite camp. I'm more than willing to trade some aesthetics for better articulation. Once it stops being a fun toy it might as well be a statue(imo of course).

• Like Like x 1
  19. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

That little bit though makes all the difference to people like me(articulation junkies). It's the tiniest nuances that bring so much more "life" into a pose.

20. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

... if you can live with paint-chipping from posing, the visible hinges on the cab windows, the big exposed hinge under the grill for the ab-crunch, risking blowing out a knee joint from extreme poses, and the exposed gaping holes with random red parts showing thru on the back of the legs.

For me... aesthetics and G1 toon appearance trump the little bit of extra pose-ability.

• Like Like x 3