ELEMENT TE-01 vs MS-01 vs MP-44 VS MP-44 KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Maximus Danz, Nov 21, 2018.

?

Which Prime is prime for you?

1. TE-01

2. MS-01

3. MP-44 V3

4. HasTak MP-10

5. KO MP-44

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

Can't make his mind up if he is coming or going... front/back crotch thrust... ENGAGE!

The jutting out back crotch... coupled with the mis-aligned hip joint (positioned too far forward)... and backpack absolutely kill the MP-44 side profile. Dang.

It should've been made removable as any other accessory. Especially for the asking price.

Or they should've combined the voice-backpack with the SideSwipe rocket pack... making them one single unit.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    After having MP-44 for a couple of days, I would say the backpack is not horrendous. In fact I think I now understand why it's somewhat necessary. This OP is really thin, and the backpack actually adds some bulk to his frame from certain angles.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

I think it would have been more acceptable at half its width. I dont have one, so it might be different in hand, but it just looks way too bulky.

• Like Like x 2
  4. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

There.

He does and so do I. The backpack is really not as big as some (that funny enough, don't even have the figure) say.

Say what you will about the issues some are experiencing, that sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

YouTube (Handle):
    Well I do have one (and TE-01) and I find MP-44's backpack and side profile not only extremely inaccurate, but ugly to the point of distraction. All that really proves is that people are accepting of - and prioritise - different things.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bruticus88

I do not own MP-44... but have had 2 different copies of MP-44 in my hands next to my TE-01 and MS-01 (both of which I own) and honestly... on looks alone both TE-01 and MS-01 blow MP-44 out of the water on G1 toon accuracy. I won't even comment on which of the three is built and designed the poorest... let alone overpriced by about $250.

The backpack is most definitely noticeable as are all the panels, hinges, and gaps. Oh my! :p 

• Like Like x 3
  7. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

ok

8. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you meant for this to be in blue text right?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bruticus88

Nope. For overall looks OP in the G1 toon did not have a backpack (except when he borrowed SSs rocket pack)... no big gaps in the back of his legs either... and his legs went flush to the ground (like TE-01)... no gaps/holes in back and no heel spurs jutting out the back. He also didn't have visible hinges around the truck cab front blue windows or under his grill in bot mode in any episode of the G1 S1 toon... unless I missed something???

• Like Like x 1
  10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only 2 votes separating MP-44 and TE-01, will people get more replacement MP44’s in the next week or V3 TE shipments, the race is on!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, you perfectly noted all the parts where MP-44 differed from the cartoon model for you while at the same time ignoring all the places where TE-01 and MS-01 differ from the cartoon model like knee joints and backpacks and grills and hips and thighs and smoke stacks and...well you get the picture.

• Like Like x 3
  12. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    TE-01 and MS-01 differ from the cartoon model in that both of them use the actual truck face to form the chest, which is actually what the cartoon model does do, however MP44 parts forms the chest and puts the actual truck face in the back. I think in the transformation sequence Optimus Prime's chest becomes the front of the truck. SO given some sacrifices are a part of that, I say the 3rd party figures are actually more accurate in that respect. while MP44 gets there, but has to do so by sacrificing the intent of the use of the front of the truck as the actual chest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Incidentally look at the shape of the windows above. They are inconsistent in the show, so it could be argued that the 3rd party ones are still accurate to a degree.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

YouTube (Handle):
    That's why we have character models. The show was all over the place, so you can pretty much find a still to support any argument if you look hard enough.

I don't have the Magic Square Prime as I don't care for the way it looks (reminds me of a retooled MP-10), but while TE-01 isn't an exact match to the model it does get a hell of a lot right. It sacrifices some things for the sake of cleanliness and transformation, while taking a few liberties elsewhere, but it's actually pretty close all told. MP-44 has it beaten from the front, but not from other angles.

Sad thing is I'm scared to manipulate MP-44 for fear of further breakage.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Rasbot

Rasbot Well-Known Member

20190917_213121.jpg 20190917_212855.jpg 20190917_212947.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, it's not so much the minor details that put me off of the 3P alternatives. Rather, there's still a massive gap in the aesthetic capabilities of most 3P companies, compared with the official outings. I can put that aside for many of the minor characters, but HasTak have proven that for the flagship characters, it's pretty much official or nothing.

16. Draemonus

Draemonus Well-Known Member

TT may have learned about the joint structure of the human body and the movable joint structure of the action figure to meet customer requirements.
    The Manufacturing method acquired here is reflected in the design of each product.
    This is much better than other 3rd-party products.

Still I like TE01.
    He is very clean. And tough. Love it.:) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    3 if I could change mine. Te01 is going to a new home.

18. Rich33

Rich33 Well-Known Member

And thats where peoples subjective opinions will differ. For me, having seen MP44 in hand now, it is by far the poorest looking of the 3 and does not look as toon/movie accurate as TE01 when looked at as a whole - MS01 is clearly aiming for a different look. MP44s sculpt break up, back pack, bum bag, hip position and general side/back profile just do not look good when compared to the others and all that added articulation is wasted. And thats without getting into or even considering build quality / price point.
    But thats just 1 subjective opinion (1 of many).

However, this poll/thread (including the strength of opinion of members) has proven that even on their key 'flagship' character hasbro/takara's official release has not exactly blown away the competition - the new 3 are realistically close (MP44 and TE01 very close) with well over 50% preferring 1 of the 2 3rd party primes.
    And even if the newer MP44 does eke out a win, or just loses, there are 3 primes out there for people to choose from.

• Like Like x 2
  19. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

But you are also on a 3rd party area of the forum, the bias is likely always going to not be toward takara. Same if you posted the poll elsewhere, I bet you would see incredibly different results.

20. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The poll was biased anyway, simply because there was a condition to participation. When official people did come over and vote it was considered purposely skewing the vote, doubt people who would have voted are going to come back now.

• Like Like x 1