Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ComicGuy89, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

The Thieves Guild are pretty cool. You get some sweet looking armor by the end of it. You also get a ton of lock picks when you join. I've put off the dark brotherhood for awhile, so I might go through with that. I did just finish up with Dawnguard. Thought it was great. I ended up creating separate saves to see either side. Been keeping the Dawnguard side one as my "main" save.

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I agree.
    Both Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild were well worth it, but sometimes they are a bit time consuming.
    I personally like the Master Guild armor.

3. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Well I just did the season unending quest, it's rather annoying that Jarl Igmund of Markarth keeps referring to me as a bloody Stormcloak....I had no choice in giving your city away dammit :cry 
    Also, in Dawnstar, has that guy with the boat you can hire always been there? I swear i've never seen him before

4. TygaTim

TygaTim Well-Known Member

Yea i just started over in the beginning of the game it made the imperials look like such bad guys this is why in the past i have sided with the storm cloaks i might just stay neutral and do the season unedning quest just becuase it actually sounds like fun.

5. Sslaxx

Sslaxx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That means you've got Dawnguard.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Just checked my save file for shits and giggles.

Clocked 222.45.35 hours for my one character, and I haven't done Brotherhood or Thieves Guild stuff. On the subject of Thieves guild, you can't do it without being 'bad' right?

7. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

Nah man, especially if you play a morally good character. The mission that introduces you to the guild has you seriously screw someone over simply because someone else doesnt like him. Even the dialogue options bring morals into it. So yeah your "good" character might start by swiping some jewellery, next thing you realise theyre screaming "Hail Sithis!"

Yeah, my character is tempted easily.

8. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, thats why I didn't go through with it, just because someone asks you to do something doesn't mean you should do it.

Same thing with the Brotherhood mission, I just looking in my inventory and thought, 'nah, I can take her' and went to town with my Ax (Wufraad at the time IIRC).

I look back on my old weapons (I hoard) and laugh at how puny they were.

9. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

Oh the days of being level 10 and thinking "My Draugr sword is so badass!"

Now that Dawnguard is out, has anyone had much of a play with crossbows? Is a Daedric crossbow as evil and badass as I dream? Or one big letdown?

10. WTDylio

News Credits:
    You can get Daedric crossbows???

*rushes to Xbox*

11. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow is the best you can get, from what I have played.

I like the effects of the exploding bolts, but I think for the most part I will stick to bows.

I have been dabbling in some conjuration, wow I love the bound weapons, out of arrows, bow from nothing :D 

12. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly I cant wait for DG on the PC as I know it will just lead to a ton of guns for skyrim (not the the current crop are bad the many are buggy as hell)

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    No one will ever know what you do if you perform every mission "Hidden". I never had a hard time being detected because my sneek is really good and I carried gear encanted with sneek.

14. elizasteave

elizasteave Well-Known Member

Agreed. Actually this is the main thing which has kept me stuck to this game. I just find it too hard to keep myself away from it. The weapons, the effects and the visualizations are just excellent.

15. WTDylio

News Credits:
    Oh good lord, decided to go to Markarth to give that book to that blacksmith, wondered around because it was night, and all of a sudden a ruddy Elder Dragon shows up. In Markarth. I did not know they could do that. Anyways, after I eventually kill it (it kept landing in the opposite side of the city) I'm surprised that no-one died, when 2 fucking vampires appear from literally nowhere and I accidently kill the blacksmith when a billion people swarm over them.
    YAY.

16. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I WOULD KNOW. My character is such a goody twoshoes she'd bang her head against the wall in a fit of self flagellation after I leave the Xbox.

Is it weird lines get blurred between me and my Dragonborn? 200+ hours'll do that to ya.

Because bolts only do 10 damage (plus whatever assploder damage) unless crossbows can do over 200 damage (ish) its not worth the use. Still crossbows are part of my rediculous arsenal that I carry around everywhere.

FYI I carry...

Dragonbane
    Daedric mace
    Daedric Greatsword
    Daedric Battleaxe
    Daedric Warhammer
    Daedric Bow
    Enhanced crossbow

Assorted arrows and crap. All the weapons are dual enchanted as well. All that crap is heavy though, but if an Elder Dragon drops out the sky I know my Warhammer is the best tool for the job!

17. WTDylio

News Credits:
  18. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Dawnguard is out on the PC. As for the PS3 version there's good and bad news. The good news is that they are working on it. The bad news is that it's a mess. I've personally never experienced any bugs while playing the PS3 version of Skyrim but I understand I may be a unique case. In any case I hope Bethesda can tighten out the bugs as I really want to play Dawnguard before the end of the year.

19. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What kinda bugs? The 360 is pretty much flawless, except for the inventory problem of not being able to get rid of the Dragon scroll afterward.

20. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Damn, that sucks. Well I guess it's better they take their time and fix the issues instead of giving us PS3 players a mess of an expansion. If it is that bad.