Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ComicGuy89, Dec 11, 2010.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Level 59 beeyotches.

Seriously though, finished Dawnguard yesterday, and what a ride it was. Only one problem though, quite a serious bug in fact, after finishing you're stuck with the three Elder scrolls in your inventory, thats a combined weight of 60 you can't get rid of!

Also, is Serana a potential wife type person? I got that feeling at the end?

2. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Moth Priest guy Dexion offers to take them off your hands, I joined the Dawnguard so I am not sure if it is the same for the Vampires.

3. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Careful with the spoilers guys. Some of us are stuck having to wait until August to play DG :/

4. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Finished Dawnguard a few days ago, really nice little subplot, though what I really like is the new perks you can get for Werewolves. I never found
    those 2 dragons though, I wondered around the vale for bloody ages. The final fight with Harkon was a bit disappointing, didn't really take much effort to kill him.

5. DinobotNny

DinobotNny Dewbot

6. TygaTim

TygaTim Well-Known Member

wait what the heck is dawnguard is it another skyrim game

7. Airspeed

News Credits:
    It is the first Downloadable content for Skyrim, it is an add on pack basically.

Adding stuff like new enemies, weapons, shouts, locations, quests and of course it has it's own story.

It is only out on XBOX now, I think it is just under a month away for other systems.

8. TygaTim

oh thnks for the information but one quick quetiona bout skyrim i have for ps3 and it involves the thieves guild. there is one more quest i need to complete and it is called Under new management and your suppose to get the guild master armor after completing 5 different jobs for delvin in the cities or whiterun, markarth, windhelm,and some other place i looked this up on the internet and it did not make much sense to me could one of you guys try and explain this to me i did the whole thieves guild quest line up to returning the skeleton key and the jobs for vex and delvin atleast once what else is there left.

9. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    You just do jobs for Delvin or Vex. Four jobs in the same city grants you a semi-big mission that'll unlock a merchant in the Ragged Flygon that you can use as a fence. Once all merchants for Solitude, Windhelm, Markarth and Whiterun are unlocked, you should be all done and become Guild Master or whatever.

10. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep a piece of your thieves armor or find more in the cistern, too. That held me up for a while.

11. TygaTim

Thanks for the information but last question is that questline already completed i mean i completed the story line i just have not done the under new management quest and no stone unturned my least favorite quest in the whole game probably. Here check out this link about the thieves guild and the quests. Look under reputation quests and other quests how do i activate those quests.

12. TygaTim

13. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Anyone who has Dawnguard, what is that power that Isran uses with the crazy light that seems to be constant while he fights ?

14. WTDylio

News Credits:
    I didn't fight Isran in my playthrough, but is it like a spell? If so, it may be Sun Fire, Stendarr's aura, or Vampires bane, those spells usually create explosions of light, or it may be the same thing he does when you recruit Gunmar and Sorine if you choose the Dawnguard storyline

15. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone have any idea of when this game might go on sale. :p 

When it comes to video games I'm generally a cheap bastard cause these days, games seem way too short and half-assed. Skyrim really has my interest but I have concern it might be another short game. The last games I played I honestly and truely enjoyed in a while was Mass Effect 1 and 2. Both were great, the length felt decent, maybe a little shy of what I had hoped for but the story and charactes more than made up for it.

16. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Dude. I'm over 120 hours into the game. Not close to doing everything.....

17. TygaTim

i got another question which would be the best way to play skyrim. i know everyone has their own opinions and all that but what i mean is i might start skyrim all over again and join the imperials this time just to see what that is like or be neutral and do the season unending quest towards the end of the main quest of the game. whcih do you guys recommend.

18. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I usually side with the Imperials, because I have to create the most spurious justification to join the racist dogs that are the Stormcloaks. I usually do the main quest followed by the civil war, as the peace council mission is funny and the battles for the forts become much more epic once you get your friend to help ;) 

19. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

There really is no "right" or "wrong" way to play Skyrim. That's the beauty of an entirely open ended game like this. You play it however you want to. Hell, my Dark Brotherhood character is completely ignoring the main quest, as in after the opening "tutorial" I never bothered to go and talk to the Yarl of Whiterun and start the whole thing.

20. WTDylio

News Credits:
    Agree with this. On my playthrough that i'm doing now I was going to join the Stormcloaks, but I simply justify any reason to do so. Not just because they're racist, but also because they seem completely oblivious to the fact that even if they do win and drive the Imperials out, the Aldmeri dominion will simply re-invade, destroy the Stormcloaks (and the Empire certainly won't rush in to help), take over Skyrim and make life even worse for the Nords.
    At the moment though i've just halted both the main quest and the civil war. Fuck all that, I want to explore :lol 

I also failed in joining the Dark Brotherhood. I know it's a game, but I really can't bring myself to killing random people who for all I know are innocent. I joined it in my first playthrough because I thought I didn't have a choice, in my second playthrough I realised you could actually kill Astrid in the shack, so I did that instead :lol 
    I might join the thieves guild though if I can be bothered