Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ComicGuy89, Dec 11, 2010.

1. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest, that works out fine in our favour for those of us who aren't Xbox gamers. Knowing games these days, it'll be a rushed DLC and will be substantially improved with patches by the time we get to play it.

You get very, very little experience, oh so little...

"Ma! Ma! Look what I bought in the market today!"
    "What is it son?"
    "Isn't it awesome? They say it was made by the Dragonborn herself!"
    "By Ysmir's beard, I swear this must be the hundredth dagger you've bought. If you don't stop wasting the money I give you for market day then you won't get any at all!"

2. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Well that sucks. I hope that doesn't include when that guy in Riverwood trains you how to smith by getting you to make an Iron Dagger

3. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly don't know about that one, I played that section pre-patch.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

5. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Well to be fair, making Iron Daggers at low levels still works okay. It's just when your Smithing hits higher levels that Iron Dagger making bottoms out. A lot less EXP required to level up at low levels I guess? But making Iron Daggers and slapping high value enchantments on them is still a good gold maker. Though thinking about it, now you can do that and not worry about "power leveling" your Smithing at the same time if you're trying to avoid that.

I actually kinda like the change to Smithing, because it does cause it's level progession to go much more naturally. But you can still go the Jewelry route if you wanna power level it. Really the only issue I have with the change is why did Bethesda wait til 6 months after the game's release to do it? A change like that I would've expected to be in the first or second patch to get rid of it before people got too used to it.

6. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
  7. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  9. Crown

Crown Omnibot

News Credits:
  10. Galaxy Convoy

That was awesome.

11. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL cool video

12. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if there has been a recent patch that fixes Ilias incapability of being able to follow you again?

14. Galaxy Convoy

Got a question I can't seem to find the answer to on the Wiki. On my mage character I managed to make enough gold to buy Proudspire Manor in Solitude and get all the upgrades. Even though I've got the place fully decked out there's still one room downstairs across from the Alchemy Lab that isn't furnished. All that's in there is a bunch of stacked crates and chairs, and a single bedroll. I figure it's the Housecarl's room, but is she really stuck living like that or is there something I've missed to get that room upgraded too?

15. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

Have you become Thane yet? From what i've noticed ( having only owned Honeyside and Breezehome ) the housecarl's room only becomes furnished once they've moved in. If so, maybe your housecarl is the 'ruffin it' type? :p 

16. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've bought the house in 3 separate playthroughs and the room has been like each time. I rarely stay for the night, so my head canon is that the housecarl gets to use the master bedroom when I'm not in :lol 

17. Galaxy Convoy

I see, so it's supposed to be like that. Well that sucks. Seems a little unfair the player can own that lavish manor and has no choice but to leave the housecarl living in squalor like that. Well I suppose it makes sense if you're playing an evil or just general dick character. But a good person would probably wanna be nice to and help out the person assigned to protecting their house.

Unless the housecarl does indeed prefer "roughing it".

18. Galaxy Convoy

Argh, god damned game deleted my mage character. She was level 30 and I had about 40+ hours into her I think. I decided to roll a 3rd character and try out Two-Handed. I played through the tutorial part and got to Riverwood. Went to make a manual save and the only things listed in the save list were my first character's manual save and the very first autosave the game makes at the beginning before character creation, on the new character I made. Went to the Load menu and nothing but the autosaves of the new character and my first character's manual save. My mage's manual save and the time put in on her just went poof.

From the looks of things it seems like the game decided to overwrite my mage's manual save with that inital autosave of the new character, rather than just make a new flippin' save slot! Might be what happened to AllBurnedOut. I am NOT happy with Skyrim right now. The game in no way, shape, or form should ever mess with manual saves.

Just to be safe I copied the manual save of my first character to my flash drive. If we can't trust the game to leave our manual saves alone, bug or not, this is some serious bullshit that needs to be fixed.

19. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

Oh that seriously sucks. What are you playing on? I play on 360, and i have separate profiles for my elder scrolls characters. That started with Oblivion when Wifey accidentally saved over my Argonian warrior. I feel for you even more knowing you lost a mage. I cannot play well with those for the life of me.

20. Galaxy Convoy

I'm on the PS3 version. I just don't understand why the game decided to overwrite my manual save with an autosave. Manual saves are supposed to be safe. Got like 7 characters on Oblivion and every one of them is safe in their own manual save slot that the game NEVER messed with. This has to be a glitch or something.