Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ComicGuy89, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    So my buddy finally has the Daedric mace, two handed warrior Axe & the Daedric Sword.:cry 

I read on wikia that you must possess a smithing of 90 in order to begin making those, but he got it through some mission?

I play Skyrim on easy, he plays it on Hard. .someone care to share some light in obtaining Daedric weapons?

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For Daedric weapons, you need Smithing 90 and the appropriate perk. They're the same recipe as Ebony weapons with the addition of a Daedra heart per item. There's a guy in the College at Winterhold who sells two and restocks after 7 days, I got most of mine from him.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    He must have smithed a crapton of iron daggers, since they're rediculously cheap to make and all smithing items increase your ability the same amount.

Also, there appears to be a dancing mod for Skyrim now. AND IT IS HILARIOUS.
    Partying Hard in Skyrim: Fus Roh DANCE! - YouTube

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Agreed, but there is a mission where you must kill an innocent person and you receive it as a token, well a mace at first. So apparently the smithing isn't too necessary..:confused: 

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ahh, good shout doomboy, I was wondering where to get daedra hearts...

Skyrim on hold at the moment, but only because of SC:V, its character customiser is pretty damn awesome... I think I'll be making a SC:V version of my Dragonborn in there... hee hee. We'll see how close to Dragonplate armour/Ebony Battleaxe I can get...

7. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    They're easier to farm than ya think. The Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, which you visit after gathering the pieces of Mehrunes Razor, has four freakin' Daedras that attack you on sight. Two of them outside, two more inside. Best part is, if you wait a few days, they respawn, along with shitloads of riches inside the temple who also respawn with different items when the Daedra do. Short, sweet and simple. I think I have like 404 Daedra Hearts now, I'm practically eating them cuz they restore a good amount of HP.

Also, Kodlak's room has a Daedra Heart just right there on a plate. I stole it every now and then, though once you become Harbinger, you can get take it. It also respawns after a few days.

8. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Anyone know what that last Xbox update actually did? Didn't fix any bugs I'm suffering from; Anska still follows me round everywhere and I had a Companions quest that I couldn't get out the base in Whiterun.

9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    There is a quest you do for a monk or priest in Dawnstar. He is in the inn, wearing orang robes. It will give you a quest for a Temple that is right up the hill. Wait for him to get there, go in with him, and after a few halls, you will find an ingredient room, he will make you stop there. On the shelf there are either 2 or 3 Hearts.

Another is in Azura's Star. When you are in there, ignore the main guy you need to kill, and kill the 3 other random Daedras to get their hearts.

The Alchemist in Whiterun will sell 1 every little bit. And there's a guy in Winterhold College, name begins with an E, he sells 2 every couple days.

I believe it is actually 7 days.

Oh, speaking of Dawnstar, does anyone know of the invisible chest? To the left side of the mine entrance, there are some rocks and tree's, look around and wait for it top pop up and open it. It is apparently an inventory of some caravan merchant, you can grab it without it being considered stolen, and come back in a few days and repeat. I mean, lots of great stuff that you can either A, use or B, sell!

10. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like Boethiah's (or whoever) quest, or maybe Molag Bal. In fact given that you get a mace, I'm going with Molag Bal.

I tried that thing with Dagon's shrine, but for some reason they won't respawn. Rather peeved off about that, especially after some bloody Draug Overlord sent my Skyforge sword flying across the room and I lost it. Spent half an hour looking for the little bugger before giving up.

Joke's on the Overlord though - I used up all of my potions and beat it to (re)death with my bare hands. Bastard.

11. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

Theres a difference between Daedric Weapons and Daedric Artifacts.

The Artifacts are what you get from Deadra quests and usually have an enchantment attached.

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Some missions actually give you Daedric weapons as a reward, such as if you do Imperial quests. Rewards that they consider "Leveled Weapon", normally bases on what kind of stuff you are wearing/using. As soon as I started doing missions with a set of Daedric armor on, they gave me them.

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    LOLs, well I just finished the last quest for the night (Ranzigs Feast or whatever, with the necromancer and the word wall) and fast travel return to Whiterun. It's night, and there's a red dot on the radar.

I've never encountered a Dragon before in Whiterun. I knew it was possible, but it's never happened. It's an Elder Dragon. My first Elder Dragon.

I'm expecting half the town to be killed, much like my disaster when a dragon attacked in Riverwood and perched on a building which had forced a reload. This one perches on Warmaidens and I go right into 2 handed Thunderbolts. He breathes frost right on me after I exhaust my mana. After a few mana potions, a quick swap to lightning bolt, and I manage to stagger him and disintegrate him. Zero townspeople dead.

Everyone comes out to look at the pile of ash and make comments. Then immediately start going into their ordinary talk, including the guard telling me not to lollygag. *Sigh* Grateful town. :lol 

14. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Game's freakin' amazing. Just took out the final boss with less than ten greatsword swings. Could've been less, but I didn't have as much time as I wanted to really take full advantage of alchemy.

15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    You're right, my friend was not being honest, he only received a conjuration version of the weapons, & not the actual weapons on his items list.

16. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I found the Atronach Forge last night, and in a room just down the way from it found a pedestal shaped like a hand, with the Conjuration rune (I think) in the palm. Anyone know what that's all about? I tried to activate it, but couldn't get it to do anything.

Also, I thought I'd do the Alduin's Wall quest and fast-traveled to the location. When the area loaded up, I got ganked by a Storm Mage, a Frost Mage, a Frost Atronach, a dragon and crapton of bandits. I did not last long at all, I'm afraid. :D 

17. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Today I tracked down the rest of the shouts. Now, I have all 3 words for each of the 20 shouts. However, I don't have enough dragon souls to even fill the rest! And they haven't been popping up as much. I think I have 12 words to unlock, and only 5 souls.

18. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Tried sword and shield and I'm not a fan, I can kill a group with A single fireball. Seriously one shotting everything is more fun for I

19. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Everyone has their own class styles. Nothing to say that you can't be a wizard in Skyrim!

20. optimus pie95

optimus pie95 Banned

I like sword and shield, if I don't slash a guy, I shield bash him instead. Two handed isn't my thing, last time I tried it with a Warhammer, a Drauger deathlord and his buddies got me....and my horse too..