Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ComicGuy89, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^I've been using Dragonbane(one handed katana), that's found at the Blade's Temple during the Alduin's Wall quest. I smithed it up to 97 dam. since then, and it does a little lightning damage, and 35 pts more damage to dragons. I haven't found anything better to replace it with yet.

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Raaaaaage! I'm finally getting around to choosing a side in the Imperials vs Stormcloaks and apparently my Jarl was knocked off the rooftop of the Dragonsreach so the map shows him way off in the wilderness, but the quest marker leads me to his room, so no matter what side I choose it's stuck! Fudge!

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I've been rocking the Daedric Sword. I've been getting them as quest rewards and just buffing them up.

Dumb question, did you try waiting? I would try that to see if he pops up. Try even turning off that quest and waiting. Only thing I can think of for now. Either that, or do you maybe have a save shortly before he may have been knocked off?

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Hee hee. I disintegrated my first Dragon today. LOL's, that was fun. Not quite as fun as watching a Mammoth disintegrate. Man, it wasn't that long ago when Giants and Mammoths were avoid at all costs creatures. Today I was hunting them for bounty and left no survivors.

And that Mammoth Cheese looks nasty as all getout.

5. Tarngold

Tarngold Knight of Braves

News Credits:
    Start leveling destruction and enchanting then, Daedric swords, dual enchanted with 2 of the elements enhanced in the destruction tree are best, im trying to get points into them right now, but im level 53 and just starting to so leveling is slow now, maybe ill do the enchant gear so spells are free trick.

6. poplockgrimlock

poplockgrimlock Dreamer

My first character was an Argonian, magic user but more of a skull crusher (Volendrung!). Daedric armor FTW. I'm now on a second character, a Khajiit that I'm going for a more stealthy type with a bow.

7. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW

kinda wish i had the Pc now:
    Valve and Bethesda have released a mod with the space core from portal 2

8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    /\ Yeah, every mod I see makes me want to buy it for the PC...

9. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn! Can't finish the thieve's guild quest until the patch comes. I sold my thief armor right away, and Tonilia is sorry about my luck. Patch shouldn't take too long in coming, though. I've read it's been submitted to Sony and Microsoft.

10. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, it was indeed submitted sometime last week. I'm planning on getting a wifi connection set up asap in my place so I can get the patch when it comes out. I'm running the game straight out of the box and am starting to experience some terrible frame rate issues when exploring Skyrim itself.

I had something really weird happen last night. I decided to make myself some Daedric armour to finally replace my Ebony and Steel Plate combo. Got it all made up, buffed up and enchanted up with Fortify Health and Fortify Stamina then decided to go do that White Phial quest. I hadn't discovered the location previously so I fast travelled to the nearest location I had discovered, which happened to be a forest. As soon as the area loaded up I was attacked by a polar bear, a frost spider, a frost troll, a spriggon and a frost dragon, all at the same time!

11. blackTtop

blackTtop No this is not Patrick...

They're just helping you test your new armor, make sure you did it right!

I'm hoping they fix the Thief's Guild armor with a patch too. I sold mine as soon as I got it, since I already had better armor. As soon as I got the quest to trade in my old armor for a new one I thought "Oh s**t... I got Bethesda'ed didn't I?"

12. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I haven't got that far in that questline. Hmm that would suck I might have some peices left... might not.

13. rob_charb

News Credits:
    Are there any Daedric armour glitches that any of you are aware of? I've been taking way more damage wearing a full set of Daedric armour than I was wearing a mix of Ebony and Steel Plate. The Ebony stuff had an enchantment for one of the schools of magic, and the Steel Plate had a Fortify Stamina enchantment, if that makes any difference, while my Daedric has Fortify Health, Fortify Stamina, something to increase 2-handed damage and faster magicka regen.

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Not that I know of, and I have been using it for a while. It seems to be hit and miss. It's something with the levels of stuff from what I noticed. Can't quite put my finger on it.

15. rob_charb

News Credits:
    It's weird because all of my items in my previous set were ordinary, I didn't upgrade them at all. All my Daedric stuff is Legendary and I'm taking an asswhomping. I tried to do that quest where
    you have to lead someone to that shrine and murder them, then fight all of the followers of that Daedric god
    and I got smoked in seconds. Hell, even Draugrs were doing some heavy damage on me.

I'd switch back to my old stuff, but I had to disenchant my helmet and boots to learn the enchantments. :mad 

16. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I do have to ask what level you are. Because, even though it says it is "level based difficulty", it really isn't. When I started tackling Draugrs at a lower level, I got my ass whooped, but now, I do the ass whooping! Plus, what is the game difficulty on? I played through on whatever the middle difficulty was, and sometimes it just didn't make sense why stuff hit so hard.

17. rob_charb

News Credits:
    I just hit level 34, and have the difficulty set to either adept or apprentice, I forget. My armour did seem to be working better tonight though. I got ganged up on by three Draugr Scourges while doing a quest, and was trying to only use magic instead of my Daedric greatsword and actually managed to last pretty long before I had to whip out the sword and put them back in their graves. Was down to about 1/4 health by then, but that was after a good 15-20 seconds of them constantly wailing on me.

18. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
  19. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Has anyone here had issues with becoming Thane of Markarth? I can't find a straight answer online if there is away to kickstart the quests from the Steward, or if your just SOL until a patch comes.

/360, so no console commands

20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I had issues, basically you have to do the Jarls quests which aren't marked out clearly in the quest page. Once you do his two missions (picking up family heirlooms iirc) the option to buy a house opens up, and then you can help the citizens of Markarth and become a Thane like everywhere else.