Ehren Kruger on Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by primushatesyou, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    :D 

2. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    From what I understand he is writing it with some of his understudies. Alex isn't involved. Alex and him have parted ways. Divided their production company up so they don't have any ties to the other. Rumor mill is Bob has a severe drinking problem that has crept into his working relationship with Alex and they split. But I can't confirm it, something I read on Variety one day. But Alex is out though.

3. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I feel his "creative process" requires a dartboard. Well if Orci left because of Bay maybe the problem is still more the guy directing! hmmmm :) 

4. Richard McBeef

Richard McBeef Banned

Ehren is more concerned with fitting in Bud Light ads than Unicron into Transformers movies.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Im glad that you got that memo because im pretty sure Hollywood hasn't. If they wanted unicron in part one it would of happened and still made 3 more movies. These movies have 0 rhyme or reason and the fallen could of been the last or when they killed megs 3 times..

They didn't do unicron only because Bay thinks its stupid. Although he did think dinobots were stupid. I find him thinking things are stupid is actually pretty hilarious given a movie like pearl harbor. Those poor vets protested that movie and he still stands by it lol.

6. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    the writer doesn't handle that kind of thing.

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YET is the key word.

8. maxtresfortimus

maxtresfortimus Member

Not that I was a big fan of it, but the way Prime handled the Unicorn character worked with regards to character interaction (multiple avatars that were scaled down closer to transformer size). Just an idea...

9. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After what was done to the Fallen, and the way Megatron became Megatronus and Sentinel Primes' minion, I'd be a bit concerned about how Unicron is portrayed.

10. Lockdown85

Lockdown85 Member

Well,good to know I'm not the only one who dislikes Krueger's writing.

Seriously,this guy is a real mess. IMO he's 70% responsible for the last two movies' bad film-making. The rest 30% is totally Bayhem,but if I could choose between Bay and Krueger to leave the franchise,that would be the latter.

Why? So much confusing dialogue and too many freaking plot holes!
    Sure,Orci and Kurtzman are not that better,but we got to admit that there's a reason that they've linked their names with so many successfull blockbusters and TV series (Transformers,Star Trek,The Island,TASM 2,Ender's Game,Fringe etc.). The 2007 film had a well structured,simple and easy to understand story,while I can personally forgive them for the 2009 ROTF (because of the writers' strike back then,which gave them very little time to write the script).

But Krueger's only achievement was to slightly give a darker tone to the movies. PLEASE! Like these are films that need to be darker...their primary goal is to attract kids and fans,and I don't believe that hearing Optimus saying stuff like "We will kill them all!" and "When I find him,he's going to die..." would please any of them. The guy is trying so hard,but he's a damn failure. And what pains me the most is that he has so many nice ideas to use,like Sentinel's betrayal and Megatron's head, but it just feels like he can't put them together and give them structure...

P.S.: I don't expect a TF film to ever get an Oscar for its script,but what we get is pure BAD FILM-MAKING. And Hasbro wont care about it,as they are only interested in the money they make and not in a couple of good critics..
    Nevertheless, I gave it a chance and saw AOE for its fresh cast; no more chances for mr. Bay and mr. Krueger, definitely not seeing the next one.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    and you know this how, exactly?

My reason makes more sense.

12. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Look's like Elm St isn't the only place to find a Kruger that scares the shit out of people.

13. Lockdown85

Lockdown85 Member

LOL

14. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, someone actually wrote AOE? I just assumed they put a bunch of 4 year olds in motion capture outfits, gave them each 2 liters of mountain dew and then just recorded them spazzing out for 3 hours.

15. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

The reason he doesn't like it is because he wants humans to continue wasting screen time. With giants robots fighting a planet sized Transformer, the scope of the movie would zoom out so far the humans would be invisible

16. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

I'm fine with Unicron not being in this one, or even the next. Though I find it funny how people saying it would be too expensive to make. Um... Start Wars and many other movies have done this and it works. Just have to have the right people. Even ID4 did a pretty okay job with practical effects so there are options. So it can be done. But I would have to aggree with save it for a reboot or something in the future at this point.

But yeah, AOE was a plot/sub plot mess. And really no point in blaming anyone but Bay in the end. He is the DIRECTOR after all and has the final say. Not hating on him either though. I did enjoy 1 for what it was and 3 I can watch over again passing on a couple scences like the first. But AOE just was not good at all. IMO anyway.

17. Promoney121

Promoney121 Well-Known Member

I've got a friend who is a writer in Hollywood. Not a big time guy or anything but a collaborator etc. Think about how many sci fi movies come out every year? Think about how many of those movies are really, way worse than any transformers movie. It's so hard to write a movie and turn it into magic on the screen. Christopher Nolan has written some great comic movies, but those are mostly using real props and not super sci fi per se. It's just not easy at all to have it all come together. If it was, we would have way more outstanding sci if movies. And if someone here thinks they could wrote a great transformer movie that could be made into a film, let me know. I can get it to a mid level movie writer and maybe get it to a studio, but from conversations I've had with him about movies, he always finds ways that the story I'm pitching him won't work on the big screen. Honestly almost every sci fi movie, is very, very, very underwhelming. It's not just for you, it has to appeal to lots of people to sell tickets. That's what many don't understand.

18. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Since they'd do something stupid like make him a cloud of nanobots or something and say it's more realistic, I think it best Unicron doesn't show up on the big screen. He needs to be a ginormous weird looking planet that turns into a robot satan. (also according to spellcheck Ginormous is a real word, and. Who knew.)

As for the Kruger hate, aside from feelings about the movies, he did say in an interview that he felt Transformers movies didn't need the plot to make sense. Giant alien robots that turn into cars and logical story progression that has continuity, and makes sense are not mutually incompatable.

19. Promoney121

Promoney121 Well-Known Member

Also, maybe in a cartoon unicron might work, but I don't care who directed it....a live action film with a villain the size of a planet sounds so freaking stupid it's unbelievable

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes dude, in a board like this you thought you were the only one that didn't like his writing. You poor lonely soul. Lol. I would say the term "dislike" and "only" will never describe one singular person on these boards....ever.