Minor/Repaint: EHOBBY DETRITUS CUSTOM

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Moonminer, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Moonminer

Moonminer Moonminer

Hey guys... yeah.. it must be weird seeing me so much on this board. anyway i whipped up another custom this week... And its a custom of Detritus, a Junkion, from the classics hound mold.
    [​IMG]
    i got lucky and got a henkei for cheap, so he had a chrome grill. Shame the red eyes i gave him dont show too well in the photos, its pretty bright red just like on the OG. I took some liberty and gave him arm stripes to make his arms look less bland.
    [​IMG] Heres the OG E-Hobby exclusive of Detritus for comparison (from TF-1)
    [​IMG] 3/4 back view. (i forgot to apply the con logo in this photo..)
    [​IMG] another 3/4 view, i really enjoyed taking photos of this guy.
    [​IMG] comparison photo of the weapons and tire paint (from TF-1). for my custom, i used POTP starscream's gun, as it also had the same gun tip shape and skinny silhouette.

And now the vehicle mode!

[​IMG]
    So...I added some chrome headlights and little engine thing on the grill (from an old sprue from a model car) for G1 toy accuracy. I scraped the chrome a bit for a rougher look, and added "sand build up" in crevices and on top of the chrome (minus headlights) as well as the tires and rims. I went for the window cleaning effect with the smeared khaki color on the windshield.
    [​IMG] OG for comparison (TF-1). It had the shiny clean chrome screws and headlights, but i chose to dirty up whatever screws and pins that were exposed.
    [​IMG] better look of the tires, plus the weaponry. The missile gun attaches weirdly (i know theres a hole in the seat for it, but theres already a long gun resting between the seats.) The long gun is in that position to emulate how it was on OG detritus.
    [​IMG]
    Last photo to show off the interior where the wheel is, and the dirty underside of the body of the vehicle (behind the wheels).

I know this stuff isnt perfect, and i do see some color inconsistencies, but thats ok. Im just having fun! Let me know what you think, or what custom i should do next? Im open to suggestions always. Thanks for checking my stuff out!

• Like Like x 17
  2. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

Looks awesome!

3. Moonminer

Moonminer Moonminer

hey thanks for checking it out!