EE updates with pics of Shortround, Repugnus, Excillion, etc

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TriBlurr, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Namekjohn

Namekjohn Namekimus Prime

News Credits:
    i hope Repugnus is an autobot, im getting the feeling Hasbro wants to con him up thou. plus the fact that theres only THREE jungle planet autobots and four decepticons they need to even out the odds. plus its wierd but im hopeing double clutch is a decepticon theres too many autobots on speed planet. and shortround(the fuck im calling him nemisies Seaspray) most likely looks to be a con.

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah, you can see a con symbol on his cockpit in vehicle mode...

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Depends on whether you want to buy them from Entertainment Earth or other stores...

4. cybertron2000uk

cybertron2000uk Active Member

Ooh... Excellion is pretty..second that! the flames look a bit off..lol
    But I Want!!!!

5. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Exillion looks pretty awesome... but as with everyone else, I'd prefer the yellow.

Unfortunately, swapping all the clear blue parts for Hot Shot's clear yellow parts (wings, the doors on his arms, roof, visor, gun) could be a real pain in the butt. Not to mention the painting over the blue parts on the doors and roof, which I don't have the patience or tools for... but possibly the dexterity. Then again, maybe only the wings need to be swapped. ;) 

6. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I want all of them! :) 

7. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, my Override is going on sale. The original is marginal with the colors and doesn't look much like a fembot. The Doubleclutch repaint, OTOH, looks great for that mold. It's so much better than the original that it's the only worth displaying.

Likewise, the Excillion repaint actually makes it to my buy list, which the original Hot Shot didn't.

Yeah, they should have the Energon battles thing in Shortround's bio. It's not like it would be the first time they took a small part of background text from the fandom without going through all the legal wrangling that they say they have to with that stuff (10th anniversary Rhinox's Chain Gun 'of Doom').

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Love Shortround. Looks awesome.. Repugnus looks great as well. Looks like Scourge Jr..

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Shortround (that name still makes me laugh) shall be mine...the others will be left on the shelf.

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shortround looks cool. The Repugnus style repaint is interesting. I eagerly await the Excellion toy, and if I ever get Cybertron Blurr and Energon Magnus I can have a nice Season 3/Movie G1 team homage going along with Bulkead and Arcee from Energon. They need to make a Kup homage to round it out!

11. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    sweet Mercy at last! and a predacon re-color of undermine! even cooler!

12. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Entertainment Earth only sells figures in cases (and always seems to charge $10 more than the total cost of figures at retail..?), but at real stores and other online shops, they'll be available individually.

I heart Repugnus. G1 Repugnus is positively disgusting and I have no love for it whatsoever. But, the Buzzclaw repaint looks great, so does the Undermine repaint, and both happen to be favorite molds of mine. Great stuff all around!

Shortround - crummy name, interesting everything else. I have no idea what Hasbro's doing with these new and bizzare names; are they trying to see how many names they can make up just for the heck of it, or are they picking on other companies taking TF names that might have wanted these? :p 

Nothing surprising about the other Scouts of course, but I still want Scrapmetal, Lugnutz, and Swindle...

Excellion looks like a very sharp repaint - and much like Armada and Powerlinx Hot Shot's Jolts, a switch of weapons might be in order. Still one I'd like, maybe both it and Hot Shot.

Double Clutch (one word or two confirmed yet?) is interesting, but I was almost hoping for the badly-lit version we'd already seen. It looks more unique compared to Override. Ah well, probably won't get the mold in any colors regardless.

13. artiepants

News Credits:

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    For some reason, Repugnus made me think of both Doomlock and Dinobot Magma Type. He'd look at home with them with that sharp new colour scheme.
    The rest, well I'm not too hot on Double Clutch as its a repaint of my least favourite design of the line (but, it is a decent deco, I'll concede that). Excillion and Shortround were on the list for quite a while already. This just keeps them there.

15. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tow-Line is a Skids homage though. Whatever Kup resemblance the head has is way secondary to that. I mean they should make a direct Kup homage like they have with the other characters that were new to the movie. It would just be nice to have all those guys lined up together.

16. artiepants

News Credits:
    yeah, he's kind of a bizarre amalgamation of Skids-Ironhide and Kup (<--just the head)... not sure what they'd do for a "new" Kup...

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree. Except Wheelie. A Wheelie homage would suck worse than Runamuck.