eBEFOREi Reviews: Prime Deluxe Smokescreen

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by eBEFOREi, Nov 27, 2012.

1. eBEFOREi

eBEFOREi Well-Known Member

Talk about controversy! This has been getting some online hate as of late, but now that the figure is in hand, does it live up to that hype? Or... Is the figure actually pretty great?!? (Also note... there *are* door wings... sort of..) Click on for my review of Transformers AM26 Takara Tomy Smokescreen!

Review of Transformers AM26 Deluxe Smokescreen! - YouTube

Subscribe to support my channel! Just click subscribe, give a thumbs up if you like it, and feel free to leave comments. I thank each of you for watching and supporting my videos!

You can view all of my toy reviews at:
    ebeforei.net - YouTube
    Dan Bernstein (e_before_i) on Twitter
    eBEFOREi
    www.facebook.com/ebeforei

2. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    nice review man..im all about making the best of what you get..this smokescreen is kick ass!glad i ordered him

3. eBEFOREi

I'm with you! Turned out really well in my opinion.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    This upped my confidence in Smokey as a repaint considerably!

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Dang, that's surprising how much it doesn't looks like the Knockout toy. Your Minicon trick rocks.

6. Viral

Viral Well-Known Member

The bow "wings" help a lot and I actually do think there's potential for a decent smokescreen figure from that mold but it would have been nice if they changed a few of the more pointy and angular bits on the figure. The sharp pointed shoulder pads, the pointy claw hands, and the triangle cheese wedge feet work great for a decepticon but they don't really fit with an autobot design (those parts could potentially be swapped out as they're not key to the base figure or transformation although that might have been outside the molding budget.)

part of me wonders if hasbro is holding off on the figure to be released under the beast hunters line where they have a bigger remold budget to change up a few of the parts.

7. eBEFOREi

Great point. It looks like 'Bee got a significant back varient on his Beast Hunters deluxe mold, so it is entirely possible they could rerelease Smokescreen and fix a few of the issues. If they just removed the shoulder points as you mentioned and placed a sort of shoulder cover it would go a long way.