EBay scenario.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BarBoBot, May 9, 2011.

1. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

So I bought a loose alternator Mirage on eBay for what I thought was a good price. ($41 shipped)

It looked good in the pic, was being sold by a good seller, it was complete, and the description said it's in good shape with minor wear.

Fast forward to today and when I open the package I notice that a hinge is broke and it had been superglued together.

I contact the seller and he offers a refund after I send it back.

Is the seller obligated to reimburse me for shipping ( both ways) since the item was misrepresented in the listing?

Should I ask that the seller give my refund before I ship it back? I have 100% positive feedback as a buyer a d seller if that matters.

Am I asking too much?

*the seller did agree to pay shipping both ways, I'm just curious to see what others think

2. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was working up a response to this email..until I got to your sig pic. Well done sir, well done.

3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    :lolol  I just noticed that too

4. Soundwavedotm

Soundwavedotm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Email him mate and if he doesn't send you money to send it back tell him you will I'n involve eBay with a incorrect listed item with damage and eBay will refund you from
    His account although it takes 21 days. I would get him to send you money first matey and if he refuses threaten to involve eBay. Also eBay have a dedicated help line for cust. Services hope that helps dude :) 

5. BarBoBot

So far they have been cool, so I'm hoping it all works out.

Thanks for the sig comments guys :D 

6. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

just curious, which hinge is it? is it the flap under the seats that fold toward stomach in robot mode? if it's that one then it might not have been seller's fault. i got a mirage just 2 weeks ago and it had that problem, seller claimed no knowledge of it, so if it's the identical problem it's probably some idiot factory worker misapplied the glue. i ended up getting a partial refund from the seller and hot knifed the glued hinge to break it off, haven't try to glue the broken hinge back yet.

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Depending on the abount he charged for shipping he may refund the full amount or offer a discount.

If he does neither open a not as described claim and he will lose.

If you can prove he falsified the listing you will get a shipping refund.(depends on the pics he used)

8. BarBoBot

I believe you are describing the right piece, but this figure was sold loose and was shipped in bot mode. Someone would have noticed the broken part. I'm positive someone tried to repair it due to how much dried glue there is slopped all over it.

There is a local toy shop that still has some sdcc rodimus MISB for $50...I think that's where my refund is going.

9. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

i got mine loose too, but it wasn't obvious that it was glued until i actually broke that piece off with hinge attached and saw the glue marks on the inside attached to the seats, so you're probably right some one did try to repair that hinge.

btw before you get that rodimus make sure the bubble is fairly solid not the softy kind, if the bubble is soft compared to other alternators bubble then it's fairly certain that's a high quality bootleg, learned my lesson there; i thought i got a real rodimus off ebay, turns out it's a bootleg, and the auction been over so long ago, i got no recourse.

10. BarBoBot

Yikes. Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna have to check that out.

11. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a similar problem with one straight out of the packaging. I tried to fold the sides over and one side of the hinges broke off the body on both sides. I've always figured the factory got the pins too hot when they inserted them and it fused the mechanism together. I bought another one after that and had no problems.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Had the glue problem right out of the box here as well. I think it seeped through to the flaps from gluing the seats in. I didn't realise it was glued stuck and managed to get one flap to move by a little force so I just assumed they were stiff. Then broke the other flap. Couldn't get a replacement and it instantly ruined the figure for me. I put it into storage a few days after that because it bummed me so much to look at the figure knowing it was broken.