Ebay rule change: the idiocy begins

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Red leader, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it starts to tomorrow but I' already getting the new breed of idiot hitting me up

1) I advertise Fort Max styro for £65 some prick clicks buy it now and then demands £50 posted to germany?!?!?!? I refuse he is being difficult, what I can I do to warn others?? nothing

2) guy buys a MISB Ko grimlock , gets it, rips the bubble open and then moans because it leans back when posed and now wants his money back which I'm obliged to give him

I think I might just call it a day now, ebay really have ruined themselves with these changes, I have always been a really good seller with high DSR's and now I have no protection from asshole buyers, the scum work both ways, ebay just seem to have forgotten this

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ugh. I fucking knew this would happen. I won't be listing anything on eBay from now on either. I never did a massive amount of business like you do bro, but nonetheless I'm not taking the chance. eBay needs to wake up and realise that there are easily as many scumbag buyers out there as there are sellers.
    Are you still able to report the German dickhead to eBay?

3. Red leader

News Credits:
    Heres his reply

''Hello. No sorry. I would like the styro from fortmax for 50GBP, but I have my mind about it. I suppose the box for the regular price (65GBP), and the 40GBP for shipping to germany, As it stands in your auction.Sorry for this.''

this is the shit we will have to put up with from now on from the looks of it, I have never mugged off a buyer ever and the styro was priced lower than the last auction that ended, the carriage is £4 lower than what it will actually cost to ship globally and still no ones happy

4. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    I don't really understand what's going on. Is he saying he's only willing to pay £50 for the total price of the auction (item + shipping)? Or does he want to pay just £50 for the box, plus the shipping at £40? You'll have to clear this up, Red Leader. A link to the auction would be useful.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Gah, broken English FTL. So is he going to pay your price, or does that garbled stuff mean he's still moaning about it?

6. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I think his statement makes more sense if you assume he said "but I have changed my mind," which sounds like he'll pay your price. He probably wasn't being observant, hopefully not because he's trying to be a dick and take advantage of the new system.

7. Red leader

News Credits:
    I dont know what he means but he has buggered off again with no reply now, he bought it last nite and I really dont want to start tomorrow off with a neg because I wouldnt cut a deal, its not fair but then the rule changes dont seem to be

8. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    About the second auction, why are you obliged to refund the person who bought Grimlock? The new evaluation policy doesn't take effect until tomorrow. Maybe you should neg his arse while you still can.

9. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

IM confused.. If he bought a MISB item and opened it, why would you be responsible for a 'manufacturing error' especially of a KO?

Is this a new ebay rule? I know the rules changed but i didnt read about this.

If this was always the case... then the only difference is you cant neg him, which really isnt a big deal

10. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    aye I have to say this is what I don't understand... he bought it as-is, KNEW it was a KO, obviously the quality is not 100% on them, his own fault. Wasn't like you listed a KO Grimlock and sent him... I dunno, a poop in a box...

11. Red leader

News Credits:
    As a seller your obliged to offer a refund policy if your a powerseller, so yeah if the customer aint happy you've got to refund

I'm giving it to draven for nothing anyways so at least someone will be happy but I see a lot of sellers getting abused just the way some buyers used to which is a shame

12. Erector

News Credits:
    fuckwits.

let's set fire to their house!!!

13. Erector

News Credits:
    oh and red leader, clear your inbox :) 

14. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

Ahh, so the only real difference is you cant neg him...

TO be honest, i doubt most sellers look at buyer feedback in the least.

One way to look at it is....By being a power seller you are basically an online store. And if i goto a toy store or department store and buy something i can always return it within x amount of days for a full refund..

I think FAR too many sellers see ebay as a "best of both worlds" store.

As a seller you can sell huge amounts of volume with no overhead and can basically have zero (or close to it) customer service and responsibility.

(And im not saying you are this way but alot are)

Ebay to me is 1 of 2 things.

1. A auction site for people cleaning out their basements selling things "As IS" with little to no responsibility (That is fine)
    2. A online Store to make money. If this is you in my opinion you should be held as responsible as any physical store that we goto in person. I would assume the few returns (bc of the buyer having to eat shipping) would FAR out weigh the costs of
    1. Having to pay for a store
    2. Having to advertise
    3. Having to pay for a Url for a online store
    4. etc. etc. etc.

I know you pay fees but it really is a small cost compared to having a real store.

I know this sucks for you in this case but as a buyer the fact that you have to eat shipping for something no matter how wronged you are make buyers just as helpless as sellers in some cases.

15. Erector

News Credits:
    Not all the time. If I've screwed up on a listing (and I'll be honest, I have done once or twice), I'll always pay return shipping.

16. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

Then you are a better seller than i have dealt with in my 2 bad experiences (2 out of 100+ have been bad)

Both times the seller grossly mis-listed or lied in the auction. Both times i had to paypal dispute and eat shipping. When you are buying items around 50 dollars often your shipping is 10-20 percent.

And, i dint neg either one....Why, bc i knew i would get a return neg which i didnt deserve. As someone with less than 100 feedback one or two negs sticks out alot more than it does on mass-sellers

17. Red leader

News Credits:
    Yeah I always cover return postage and I actually care about my rep

I mark my vintage stuff with UV pen in a hidden spot for returns purposes I am happy to refund anything as long as its the original item

I know why people look on sellers as bad but I love to get to know the people I deal with, my regulars often buy more than one item and because we have a good relationship I often throw in a freebie or cut out the post.

there are some assholes who have ruined it for us all which really really sucks

18. Erector

News Credits:
    QFT. As a buyer I've had a few bad experiences (hi wheeljackslab) and that's why as a seller I've tried my best to everything the opposite to these wankers and for the most part you succeed. But you can't make everyone happy - at the moment I've got a woman in Switzerland demanding a refund on a BB74 I sent her, she bought it a week ago and it's not got there yet... sigh.

19. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

Yep, that is the key. It is like that for just about everything in life.

Well, try not to let the minority (assholes) get you down!

Lets just hope the experience you recently had was a coincidence and not a sign of the new ebay...

Good luck!

20. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Seriously? You take a UV-highlight pen to mark a G1 box? While I'm a little aghast, that is a brilliant idea.