Ebay problem...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by RHALX, Sep 10, 2007.

1. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

Hello guys,

It might not really be the appropriate place to post this thread, but if needed please move it.

I bought more than one month ago an ultimate bumblebee on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150149596841

Yeah, the price is kinda insane, but importing it from the states is really expensive. But anyway.

I've been waiting 3 weeks, nothing arrived. I then sent an email to the seller one week and a half ago, no reply. I sent another email this weekend, no reply.

What am I supposed to do? Does anyone know this seller? If it comes he never replies, what can I do? (if there's anything I can do).

If it was a 20 bucks toy, I'd be angry but patient. But when it comes to such a huge amount of money, I can't close my eyes on it, I'm a student, I can afford such a crazy little gift from time to time, but I can't afford losing money.

If any of you have any idea about what I could do, I would be very grateful.

2. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    contact ebay, I'm sure when he gets an email from them he'll pay attention.

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I'm not really a eBay veteran like some of the guys here, but this page may be helpful.

4. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reading through some of his feedback, it sounds like his shipping promptness leaves a bit to be desired. Contacting eBay is the best thing to do right now.

5. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

Thank you guys. So it seems I'll have to use the "PayPal Buyer Protection". I'll wait until Saturday, and when I come back from work, if he hasn't replied, I'll give him hell.

6. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good luck and keep us posted. It's always good to know who to watch out for on eBay.

7. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    3 weeks is sorta reasonable when waiting for something to get to you from another country.

Being in Canada, my wait time for packages from the states varies from 5 days - 6 weeks.

However I would be worried if the seller never responded to my emails.

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Well, sometimes it takes longer for shipping than average. You said something about importing from the US, so I can only assume you do not live in the US. So I'd say a month is a little early to be expecting an item shipped internationally. I'd say up to 2 months (depending on type of shipping service) for international shipping.

Now that being said, I'd say it wouldnt be a bad idea to contact ebay or at the very least send all communication through ebay so that it can be tracked and reviewed later if/when the situation becomes more serious.

I try to promote patience when dealing online.

9. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just noticed this from the auction:

Who wants to bet that the seller will blame it on customs? And even with a delay at customs, we're at over 20 business days thus far.

10. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

Yeah but well, I paid around 60 dollars for the UBee shipping and it's still not here!

I bought Alternator Hot Rod to a texan guy, I paid 10 bucks for the shipping and it was here less than a week after I paid!

So no, 4 weeks is really not normal... I'll keep you updated. I just hope the guy is still alive or something.

11. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    You paid $60 shipping? Ok yeah, it should be at your place by now then.

12. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

I really hate ebay sellers. Most of them make profit on insane shipping prices.

13. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Shipping from the States to Europe can vary a bit time-wise. On occasions I've received items off eBay (from the States) a little over a week after dispatch, whereas I've had one item sit at an US airport for 2 weeks, which made it 3 and half weeks altogether. Items from BBTS seem to take two to three weeks.

The guy might've been slow sending your Ultimate Bumblebee in the first place also.

14. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    The fastet shipping from USA to Denmark I experienced last week when I paid for an alternator figure last tuesday and i got it in had friday ! 3 days of shipping sent as ordinary parcel air mail to $13.60.
    Right now i'm fighting with an ebay seller that claims it'll cost him $22 to send a Universe Treadshot figure to me via ordinary air mail, and I simply don't buy that BS ! i got a MOSC Movie Jazz shipped in a box for $13 and that figure is way larger. THe seller then said he could open for the figure and send it and shipping would be $8 - I'm close to cancelling the deal an take whatever feedback he wants to leave... $22 for shipping a universe mosc treadshot i won to $4 is rubbish.

15. Dinotron

Dinotron AA2010 13-15 AUG BE THERE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i bought some ski blades from a chick over in the states and it took 6 weeks, she sent it surface mail instead of air, so it might be comming over be sea as opposed to air. at least the guy should reply!

16. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

That's right, maybe he sent it by surface mail. But jeez, for the price... But surface or not, I want him to reply, and that's the problem. I wonder if he went on holidays or something, he's actually not selling anything on his ebay.

17. Dinotron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what i would do is, give it another week (i know it already been ages) email the guy and say " look you punk! i still havent recieved my item its been X amount of weeks. i havent had a reply from you so i am informing ebay that i have not recieved it, and will be putting a strike against you." that should get his attention. if he dont reply within 24 hrs, do it.

18. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

I don't wanna wait too much, because I won't be able to do anything anymore when the auction disappear. But I already told him that if I don't get a reply before Saturday, I'll do the necessary actions in consequence.

19. Dinotron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cool thats the best idea.