Ebay is really starting to tick me off!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Backstop, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I am getting sick of everytime I look at the auctions ending soonest , and new items listed and seeing 8 billion crappy repainted KO's from China, And then your like theres a real TF and it's a so called re-issue KO? What the hell? then everything else I see is new toys I can buy at Wal-Mart? So with that said I do not want a green meantime that falls apart once opened! I do not want a KO reissue Frenzy and Lazerbeak and I dont want a "rare" 2007 Movie Deluxe Decepticon Wreckage! and those cheap ass watches for $0.01 buy it now but $80 shipping do not sit well with me too! I need to spend time going through crap to find something good, There should be 2 new sections added KO and crap.

2. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    Well said. And you can buy cliffjumper for 43.99 with FREE shipping too. It is so rare, I have just seen twenty in the last two hours at Wal-Mart.

3. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

In addition to KOs and crap, there are always the overpriced reissues and A/E/C figures.

$150 for a Cybertron Megatron? How about $100 for TFC Starscream or $600 for E-hobby Sunstorm?

4. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    well, the ending auctions for the cyb. megs have gone up for some reason, 100 for tfc starscream aint too bad, but 600 for a sunstorm is crazy. but i agree with backstop, theres very little to chose from on ebay these days after sorting thru all the crap.

5. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    If it didn't sell, it wouldn't be there. Stop blaming ebay.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'm sick of seeing Transformers on ebay. It gets aggravating shifting through all the garbage, but that just comes from stupid people who either don't know how to label what they have or like to label EVERYTHING G1 so they can get more hits for their auction.

7. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    It's like a treasure hunt. You have to sift through pounds and pounds of CRAP to find a nugget of gold.

But still, it can be fun to pass the time.

Hint: I limit the listings to NA only and that way I don't see the hundreds of China KO auctions.

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

It's not necessarily ebay's fault but it's not true that all the ko stuff that searches involving the words 'transformers' and 'g1' get flooded with are there because they sell well either.

The sellers selling that stuff flood ebay with like 20 of the item at a time, maybe sell one or two, and then repost 20 again. They sell $1 kos for $10-20 so as long as they get a hit every now and then they keep flooding ebay with the crap.

Also, for the 'reproduction/re-issue' bootleg kos (I hate when people just lie and call them reissues), some of them don't appear to be selling well, namely the Dinobots, but sellers have lots of stock of them they need to get rid of and originally post at high prices so again flood ebay with them, very slowly dropping the prices until they eventually sell (still slags, sludges, and even mirages galore out there).

So there's two reasons why they flood ebay even though they don't sell well.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thank the movie for the surge in popularity. its all michael bays fault.

10. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I do not agree, Just do a search on auctions ended on some these sellers and they sell like 1 outta 28? and just keep reposting. I think its funny as they keep losing money off listing fees.

11. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yep 80% of an average page is KO'd shit giftsets or keyrings, its very poor