Ebay have just destroyed my business

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Red leader, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Overenergized

Overenergized Active Member

News Credits:
    I've bought from Kapow toys 4 or 5 classics megatrons and primes and got great prices, fast delivery and amazing service. Im really sorry to hear about your situation, i hope you can resolve it. I have a number for ebay you can try 0208 080 2105 mon to fri 8am-9pm sat and sun 11am to 5pm, i got this from ebay on a card which says this telephone support service is for ebay stars only but its worth a try anyway.

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Jeez, Andy, that's foul. Good luck getting some info out of them on Monday, and hopefully arses can be royally kicked.
    And good luck getting your new non-eBay store up and running. And while I know you've got Drave on graphics, I just thought I'd chip in the offer too. If I can help at all, I'll be happy to - I'm away for the next couple of weeks, but I'll be checking in as often as I can.

Judging by all the talk about this I've seen, it does look very much like eBay are very much trying to ease out of the auctions and turn themselves into the new Amazon, concentrating on big-bucks mainstream sellers. Which clearly is stupid, as Amazon are already the old Amazon.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if, as someone mentioned earlier, Google (or someone else) decide to pick up the slack and hopefully be less 'tardish about it.

3. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    The best thing to do is to open a Webshop. That counts for everyone who wants to sell transformers in big quantities.

Place you link on Forums like this one and mouth to mouth commercials wil do the rest. Maybe open a new account on Ebay with a name like mynewwebshopsname.com

Ebay is getting more stupid by the day

4. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I'm happy to offer my services in the realm of PHP if you want to go for an all-dancing, all-singing online shop.

5. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

Damn Andy, ever since this whole "no negatives for buyers" and the crazy crackdown on feedback it seems ebay's gotten really strict. I still thank you a ton for the vintage m-titan boot. Our deal really reminded me of the older days of collecting when fans just helped other fans out and i'm glad to see some of that spirit still alive here on the boards. Good luck on monday.

6. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm really sorry to hear that Red Leader. From my emails/PM's with you you seemed to be doing really well and I can't understand why ebay would do that.

If you're looking for some hosting/ help setting up a web shop, give us a shout. My main business is a web development/ hosting company. I'm also considering setting up my own webshop - ebay & paypal are charging me the earth at the moment (e.g. Selling a £24.99 figure costs me over £3.00 in fees)

7. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    WOW! eBay seems to be pissing in a lot of peoples soup! I too just opended a web store because of there freaking fees and new rules! I use 1and1 shop and it varies from 25 a month to 50 depending on your amount of merch!
    I feel you!

8. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    man that sucks redleader i mean you aare probably one of the most outstanding people on ebay i mean you could of been totally pissy with that jazz and soundwave deal thru a certain seller but you werent and this is how ebays shit goes im seriously sick of ebay constantly changing their rules. i guess its true no good deed goes unpunished. and guaran-goddamned-teed that wheeljackslab didnt have this happen.

9. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Really sorry to hear about your predicament, and things like this are always worse when they happen at the weekend and you can't act for a couple of days. Unless it's something to do with having the two stores on the go at the same time, I can't understand it with so very few neutral/negative feedbacks.
    I think it's also very irresponsible of eBay to knock sellers off with no warning when they sell at such quantity it is obviously their main source of income; there really is a court case waiting to happen here. I wouldn't be sacked without warning and explanation from my job. Even then I'd have to do something pretty serious - much moreso than being messed about with neutrals/negs from buyers that are intentionally being arseholes.

On the note of eBay wanting to lose it's basic userbase. I don't think those who sell just a few things a month are being treated as harshly as those next rung sellers who sell enough for it to be a livelihood. I mean, things like lost in post items, providing you can back up the sending, are not the fault of the seller but can easily result in a neg or neutral being left from a buyer annoyed. This is inevitable when you sell a lot of stuff. The buyer can eventually claim back compensation fro the post office but it takes time, I have just waited a month for this as a buyer before receiving a refund. But I gave the seller positive feedback as they did their bit for me (I even left full stars but these seem a bit irrelevant when you are in this situation). It wasn't his fault. BUT I could have been arsey and the bloke may have lost his eBay business because of it which is ridiculous.

eBay has gone shitty of late but it remains , for now, still one of the best places to find stuff cheap... so they still get their money and don't have to do shit to keep it users happy. Most people can't set up their own web business, and remain a captive audience (provided they can still sell), and so it will go on until you are basically paying people to take stuff of your hands, being shafted by the 'bay. Surely there is a small group of web wizards with a little financial backing who could set up a rival, otherwise Google will. They are not so stupid and they love money, and are generally quick on the uptake when they see an opportunity. With all the moaning about ebay going through the web at the mo, gotta be a matter of time with all their spies about. lol.

I am getting worried about selling stuff these days, and while I only sell a little bit of stuff now and again, and have 5.0/4.9/4.9/4.9 ratings that I absolutely break my balls on each sale for (curse whoever marked me down!!!), one slight problem and basically I'm shafted, kicked off and can't even buy on there. Thusly I shall keep replying cheerily to emails from people all over the world, wasting hours calculating shipping to half of the planet just incase someone misses something in my immaculately worded, half-dozen crisp clear professional photo-including, noble effort of a listing which I have toiled for hours over for a £10, only to be bumraped back for 20% of it. Aaargh!

Any rate I feel for you man, you are just up the road from me (Bury St Edmunds, yo). Hope they either relent or this inspires you on to greater things. Sometimes it takes a push to get us going!

10. Corporate Ken

Corporate Ken Everything RULES

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear that mate. I always liked doing business with you. I hope you can appeal against the ban.

11. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Hey Andy. Sorry to hear that happened to you. This pretty much proves that ebay doesn't care about the seller even people like you that give them billions in profits. Hope everything will work out in the end.

12. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fuck 'em Red, just create a web-shop you don't need Ebay.

13. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

This just confirms what I've heard rumoured about eBay pushing out smaller sellers in order to entice big conglomerates. I've sold on eBay before, but thankfully it has just been a couple of times. I wouldn't do it again, that's for sure!

Sorry about your predicament Red, but when you get your stuff back online, point me to where it's at, and I'll do some shopping.

14. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

karma is a bitch at times....you need to dig into this with contacting ebay and requesting/demanding what evidence they have that you supposedly violated their terms of service regarding and hopefully they will back down, but knowing ebay lately, once something is done regarding suspension it is a done deal.

15. Blurrz

Blurrz You're Breathtaking!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    That freaking blows man. I hope everything turns out well for you in the end.

16. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:

My Mom says you should "Sue Their Asses" if their not giving you a explaination behind your getting banned.

17. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    Dude i am so sorry but, hopefully you'll be able to get something going on. Hell man if you DO open a shop I'll buy something from ya. I'm sure a lot of people would.

18. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm really confused how they can boot you without any explanation as to why?

Thank god I'm only a buyer on eBay... selling just does not seem worth the hassel anymore.

19. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Going to speak to them tomorrow but they can get stuffed anyway, my wife and I are going to look at a bricks and mortar store this week so roll on the future , thanks for all the kind words by the way it really shows this board and TF fans are some of the best out there :)  WOOT WOOT!!!!

20. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Good lad. Fuck them in their hairy arses!